DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revival Tours

Go down 
+63
Commander Vimes
The Last Jukebox Romeo
rumham
cdala
saraM87
StitchesOnTheRadio
moconnell23
lol_paul_ledoux
DeathoftheCool
rated_r_67
thomas94
A_Regular
redheadchick
matkins
Hanswurst
EyesOnThatCadillac
richardp08
daria_pepper
HorribleCrowe
Sinngh
Down by the Mersey
_rebekka_
Emusic
JJW319
jeffrey2
EveryLittleSecret
enola
Camus
plugga
NeverTrustAJunkie
Klown
Shrewsbury_Stars
njguy99
PFREEZY
colmillionaire
TGA30
CluckyB
Erik Drost
The Angry Johnny Revue
NYYFAN523
Daire
markbarlow
ThisMachineKillsFascists
carryon820
Hirti
riversedge
Phil Rockabill
spgilbert
loazis
40 Miler
Stalls_Standing
Holland
Ghost
TGAFAN25
IrishNameAndAnInjury
simo
I am Incinerator
elnoiangles
Bea
Gaslight23
Álvaro
BuddyHolly
Jerseyrain
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Revival Tours - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:20 pm

loazis wrote:
No one really likes Dan Adriano do they?

I love his and Alkaline Trio's music! Like someone else said, I think he's just the least known on this tour. Maybe Matt Skiba would have better luck? It'd be cool to see him do some solo shows. There's so many more people I would wanna see, Ben Gibbard, or Chris Walla from Death Cab might be good. Or mix it up and throw in Tegan Quin, or Emily Haines! Has there ever been a female on this tour?
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Tegan would be an awesome shout like you say to mix it up. Id have loved to have sen the Tour with Tommy Gabel too
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
I am Incinerator
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:21 pm

I will admit that I do prefer Skiba over Dan, Dan does sing one of my favorite Alkaline Trio songs, "Maybe I'll Catch Fire". I haven't checked into Dan's solo stuff. I have time though!

Back to top Go down
Hirti
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:40 pm

I'd love to see Chuck, Tom Gabel, Dallas Green and Tim McIlrath. This will never happen though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:07 pm

Hirti wrote:
I'd love to see Chuck, Tom Gabel, Dallas Green and Tim McIlrath. This will never happen though. Very Happy

What a lineup that would be Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:06 pm

ah, Dallas Green! Good choice, Hirti!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:43 pm

loazis wrote:

His album is great. Not Dave Hause great, but great. I actually prefer it to Chuck's new album.
Back to top Go down
spgilbert
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:01 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
spgilbert wrote:
i would love to see Cory Branan on it. That guy is amazing.

oldgospelchoir....i don't mean to derail this thread, but i just got confirmation that my band is going to be opening for cory branan in december!
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:24 pm

Ghost wrote:
loazis wrote:

His album is great. Not Dave Hause great, but great. I actually prefer it to Chuck's new album.

Really?? I think Chuck's new album is definitely his best work to date. I gave Dan's album a few listen but it's just not working for me.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:23 am

Phil Rockabill wrote:
Ghost wrote:
loazis wrote:

Really?? I think Chuck's new album is definitely his best work to date. I gave Dan's album a few listen but it's just not working for me.

Yeah...I really like Dan's voice, and some of his lyrics, such as 'I'm like a wine glass on a wedding dress, ready and willing to make a mess". Lots of good stuff on it. As for Chuck's, although some songs are really great, some of it is a bit too...country, for my taste.

Still, everyone has different tastes Smile.
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:24 am

Ghost wrote:
Phil Rockabill wrote:
Ghost wrote:
loazis wrote:

Yeah...I really like Dan's voice, and some of his lyrics, such as 'I'm like a wine glass on a wedding dress, ready and willing to make a mess". Lots of good stuff on it. As for Chuck's, although some songs are really great, some of it is a bit too...country, for my taste.

Yeah if you're not into country, some of Chuck's work will makes you cringe. lol
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Phil Rockabill wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Phil Rockabill wrote:
Ghost wrote:
loazis wrote:

Yeah if you're not into country, some of Chuck's work will makes you cringe. lol

Personally, of all the albums Chuck's released, I believe his new one, "Covering Ground", is probably his least country sounding album, something that appeared to be a conscious decision if I recall correctly, wanting the songs to translate well from studio to live performances. His previous album, "Gold Country", seems to be his most country-like album in my opinion. At first, I thought I liked "Gold Country" a little better than his new release, but after continuing to listen to "Covering Ground" and revisiting "Gold Country", I have to say that I prefer "Covering Ground"......so much that I consider it to represent his best work thus far (I love all of his solo albums though). I've actually been listening to "Covering Ground" more than "Elsie" or any other album over the last month. I don't know why but I just can't really get into Dan Andriano's new album......I wish I could though; I want to like it.

As for a Revival Tour of my choosing, I'd say that this UK tour would be pretty damn close to something I'd select, making me so bitter that I live in the US. But I guess if I could dream and get a little crazy with it, I'd love to see the following in a Revival Tour set up, with various arrangements between them and each other's songs.

Chuck Ragan (and band)
Brian Fallon
Dave Hause
Tim Barry
Matt Berninger (The National)
Mikel Jollett (The Airborne Toxic Event)
Tom Gabel
Frank Turner
Chris Wollard
Craig Finn

Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Craig Finn could actually be a realistic choice. I believe he's coming out with a solo album soon that will be more folky.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:29 am

carryon820 wrote:
Phil Rockabill wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Phil Rockabill wrote:
Ghost wrote:
loazis wrote:

Personally, of all the albums Chuck's released, I believe his new one, "Covering Ground", is probably his least country sounding album, something that appeared to be a conscious decision if I recall correctly, wanting the songs to translate well from studio to live performances. His previous album, "Gold Country", seems to be his most country-like album in my opinion. At first, I thought I liked "Gold Country" a little better than his new release, but after continuing to listen to "Covering Ground" and revisiting "Gold Country", I have to say that I prefer "Covering Ground"......so much that I consider it to represent his best work thus far (I love all of his solo albums though). I've actually been listening to "Covering Ground" more than "Elsie" or any other album over the last month. I don't know why but I just can't really get into Dan Andriano's new album......I wish I could though; I want to like it.

Honestly, I haven't listened to Gold Country all that much. As I said I do like the songs on Covering Ground, there's some really good tracks that I'm looking forward to seeing tomorrow night, but as a whole album back to back I can't get into it as much as Feast or Famine.

Another artist to add to the wishlist- Charlie Simpson.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:56 am

I have to say I have new found love for Covering Ground after The Revival Tour - Nothing Life To Prove, Nomad By Fate, Meet You In The Middle, all fantastic songs.

Dan's gone in the opposite direction, as his set was just a couple of songs too long, and just a tiny bit dull. Still ok but nothing compared to the other three.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:20 am

Covering Ground Id say is Chucks best album so far. I think they get better in the order he released them.
Charlie Simpson from Busted. Do you rekon he would collaborate well with Chuck on 'Thats what I go to School for' ? I know hes branched out since I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:49 am

Hah. "Charile Simpson from Busted", that's almost as old and annoying as 'Brian Fallon - The New Springsteen'. He's just released a folk album. And he's a decent songwriter. Fightstar were good, if you're into heavy stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:14 am

Ghost wrote:
Hah. "Charile Simpson from Busted", that's almost as old and annoying as 'Brian Fallon - The New Springsteen'. He's just released a folk album. And he's a decent songwriter. Fightstar were good, if you're into heavy stuff.

Was only having a joke, I know hes branched out as i said in my last post but not having heard is solo or fightstar stuff I may chek em on spotify
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 11:08 am

Justin Sane would be cool. His solo album has some good tunes.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 11:38 am

jerseyrain wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Was only having a joke, I know hes branched out as i said in my last post but not having heard is solo or fightstar stuff I may chek em on spotify

Yeah I know, sorry wasn't meant to sound aggressive if I did, just saying that people say it a lot as they do the Fallon-Springsteen thing and it grates Razz.
Back to top Go down
markbarlow
Wooderson
Wooderson
markbarlow

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:03 pm

I'd quite happily take the same tour again - Portsmouth was one of the best gigs I've seen. Brian said something along the lines of "there'll be more Revival tours, but not this lineup again" which I took to mean we won't be seeing him again on it.

To answer the OP though, I reckon Tom Morello is a good shout - his new album is fantastic and musically would fit in perfectly.

My left-field suggestion is Max Bemis off of Say Anything.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:22 pm

I kinda wouldn't want Brian on it again.

Not his fault at all, but he attracts a serious amount of dickheads to concerts.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:49 pm

All I want is for the tour to come to America
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm not really into punk music that much, so I don't know too much about who to choose but my dream line-up would be

Chuck Ragan (Better play The Trench)
Brian Fallon
Ben Nichols
Craig Finn
Tom Gabel (Anna Is a Stool Pigeon is soooooooooooooooooooooo good)
Franz Nicolay (Are he and Craig still on good terms?)
Ian Perkins (For the sake of seeing The Horrible Crowes)
William Elliott Whitmore

Unrealistic Choices that I'd die for:
Tom Morello
Mike Ness
Ryan Adams (From what I gather, he's an absolute dickhead, so maybe not a great choice)
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 7:00 am

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
Ryan Adams (From what I gather, he's an absolute dickhead, so maybe not a great choice)

Why is that? I've just seen a couple of interviews, but then he seemed like a really nice guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revival Tours
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next