DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revival Tours

Go down 
+63
Commander Vimes
The Last Jukebox Romeo
rumham
cdala
saraM87
StitchesOnTheRadio
moconnell23
lol_paul_ledoux
DeathoftheCool
rated_r_67
thomas94
A_Regular
redheadchick
matkins
Hanswurst
EyesOnThatCadillac
richardp08
daria_pepper
HorribleCrowe
Sinngh
Down by the Mersey
_rebekka_
Emusic
JJW319
jeffrey2
EveryLittleSecret
enola
Camus
plugga
NeverTrustAJunkie
Klown
Shrewsbury_Stars
njguy99
PFREEZY
colmillionaire
TGA30
CluckyB
Erik Drost
The Angry Johnny Revue
NYYFAN523
Daire
markbarlow
ThisMachineKillsFascists
carryon820
Hirti
riversedge
Phil Rockabill
spgilbert
loazis
40 Miler
Stalls_Standing
Holland
Ghost
TGAFAN25
IrishNameAndAnInjury
simo
I am Incinerator
elnoiangles
Bea
Gaslight23
Álvaro
BuddyHolly
Jerseyrain
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

Revival Tours - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:46 am

hmm ok Smile

thank you
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:02 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I would bet, based on past line-up situations, there will be one, maybe two musicians that stay in the line-up from this group but the rest will change.

I'm going the show in Syracuse, NY on April 2nd! Bummed Tim McILrath isn't in the line-up that day. I wanted to meet him and tell him how we have nearly the same last name (mine's McElrath).

. . . and a good Irish name it is.
Back to top Go down
saraM87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
saraM87

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
Does anyone know if the revival tour will come to europe anytime late autumn/ next year with the current lineup ?

i think i'm gonna see them anyways if they'd come over here, but : Dave Hause, Toh Kay of the wonderful Streetlight Manifesto, Jay Malinowski of one of my favorite bands-Bedouin Soundclash, Chuck AND TIM MCILRATH - if brian was on that list it would be the best lineup ever - for me Smile

Jay Malinowski came over for last years tour to England in November.. I would love it if he returned so fingers crossed, Dave Hause is playing this way in May.. so whether he would come back later in the year, I would hope so! They generally keep a few Smile I keeping hopeful that Chuck keeps them all on for the Autumn!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 6:53 pm

Can't say I recognise too many names off the new album!

Who are they??
Back to top Go down
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:50 pm

stoked on seeing Revival Tour this Friday in Boston.

always a good time.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:10 pm

I saw the Revival Tour in Atlanta Sunday night. One of the most fun shows I've ever seen. I wasn't familiar with Jenny, Rocky, or Matt. However, I ended up liking all of them. I just love the concept of everyone jumping into each other's songs and having a constant changing lineup on stage. You never knew what was going to happen next. Plus, they are all ridiculously talented. We're going to the Nashville show to catch Dave and Tim. I can't recommend it enough.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 9:39 pm

I'm excited for this lineup. Last time I went, I discovered Dave Hause and that was one of the best things ever so I'm hoping to have a similar experience with one of the other artists I don't know. This tour is great for making discoveries! And it's just a good time. Seriously never seen a bunch of musicians have so much fun on stage.
Back to top Go down
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 9:47 pm

It's such a good lineup. Dave Hause puts on an incredible live show. I love Toh Kay solo recordings. Toh is such a skilled guitarist. His solo songs are poppy and catchy but the guitar work is so sick. His song "Ive Set Sail" is a great example. I am not super into Rocky Votolato, I find his recordings kind of boring but I am sure he will fit in real well with Revival Tour from the youtube videos I saw.

Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 10:24 am

Last night's Revival Tour at The Bell House was pretty damn awesome. It was an early show (5:30), but all of them were really hitting their stride. Much better than Thursday's show at Irving Plaza, where it seemed they were shaking off some rust and the crowd was kinda....obnoxious.

Highlights include: Chuck on bass!
Revival Tours - Page 8 D522c5ce99ff11e2b3af22000a1fb856_6

Dave Hause working the crowd into a frenzy.
Revival Tours - Page 8 C9bd0a92999f11e28ef622000a1fa434_6

Chuck and Jenny
Revival Tours - Page 8 03cecaae99a011e29dc922000a1fbb59_6

Plus Toh Kay...
Revival Tours - Page 8 A35359a099ff11e28c9e22000a9f308e_6

I didn't get any good pics of Rocky Votolato...but DID buy his album. Highly recommended. Look him up if you haven't heard his stuff before.

PS: Chuck played Geraldine and dedicated it to Holly Fallon.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:05 pm

Was at Thursday's show. Never disappointed by this tour.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:26 pm

I had a different experience. Why did you think the Irving Plaza show was obnoxious? There was one girl who was talking to the guys while they were on stage near me, but other than that I didn't feel like it was a weird crowd. I thought last night's crowd was dead though. Maybe cus it was an early show. I didn't feel like the crowd got into it as much.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:07 pm

I was mid-center at Irving Plaza, surrounded by a) the girl who climbed on a guy's shoulders and nearly fell off b) the drunks who kept yelling "trusty chords!!!" c) the guy who interrupted Toh Kay on his first song, d) the girls who were talking really loudly, e) the bored pair of hipsters who kept sighing, etc etc etc.

Don't get me wrong - the performances themselves were great on Thursday, but that kind of crowd gets old fast.

Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:14 pm

njguy99 wrote:
I was mid-center at Irving Plaza, surrounded by a) the girl who climbed on a guy's shoulders and nearly fell off b) the drunks who kept yelling "trusty chords!!!" c) the guy who interrupted Toh Kay on his first song, d) the girls who were talking really loudly, e) the bored pair of hipsters who kept sighing, etc etc etc.

Don't get me wrong - the performances themselves were great on Thursday, but that kind of crowd gets old fast.

Ha. I was right over there too. Were you the dude with beard and the black Gaslight t-shirt? The girl on the dude's shoulders was ridiculous. My friends and I actually moved because they were being so annoying.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:22 pm

At Irving Plaza, I was all the way on the left at the end of the front row in front of Toh (about two people over from the girl who kept talking to the guys). I guess I was lucky that I didn't have any incidents. That does sound annoying!

There was one girl at the end of the show who stood next to me, but just in front of the barricade while she was leaning against the wall and clearly visible from the stage. She spent her time down there recording Toh and then the rest of the time was texting.

Last edited by NeverTrustAJunkie on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:23 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Ha. I was right over there too. Were you the dude with beard and the black Gaslight t-shirt? The girl on the dude's shoulders was ridiculous. My friends and I actually moved because they were being so annoying.

Might have been me. I had on an orange button-down over the black speedometer gaslight shirt, and my jacket tied poorly around my waist... cheers
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:25 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
At Irving Plaza, I was all the way on the left at the end of the front row in front of Toh (about two people over from the girl who kept talking to the guys). I guess I was lucky that I didn't have any incidents. That does sound annoying!

You're very lucky geek. It must have been a very different show from that vantage point.

I will say this about Irving Plaza. I hadn't seen anything there in nearly 10 years. I like the re-design, and the fact they don't crank the speakers up to 13 to make up for the bad acoustics.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:07 pm

I think the first time I was at a show at Irving Plaza was in 2000 (Tenacious D w/ At The Drive In), but I don't recall any re-designs. What used to be different?

Yeh my show experience was very pleasant in comparison to yours. I had my own space and wasn't bumped around at all, and other than that one girl, I didn't have any chatterboxes around. Pretty much the same for me at Bell House too. That was my first time at Bell House and I thought it was a good place for a show. The parking was annoying for a minute because there are a gazillion driveways in Brooklyn you can't park in front of, but eventually I lucked out with a spot around the corner.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:05 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I think the first time I was at a show at Irving Plaza was in 2000 (Tenacious D w/ At The Drive In), but I don't recall any re-designs. What used to be different?

I shouldn't have said redesign... I meant renovation. They spruced the place up. I think they re-worked the balcony areas, and it struck me that the room seemed smaller than I remembered it, perhaps because of the big red curtain blocking off the right side. But that may just be my memory playing tricks on me.
Back to top Go down
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:09 am

I was at the Boston stop this past Friday and I was actually surprised by how many people where talking during the show. We started out pretty much right in front of Toh Kay but some asshole and his lady friend decided they there where going to occupy the 2 sq foot of space in between us and the dude in front as soon as Dave Hause started his set, so we moved towards the back.

Besides the chatting and the asshole standing in front of us, the show was cool. I think Toh Kay was the highlight for me. I love his recordings but they crowd in Boston pretty much sang every word and the vibe was great during his set. And his guitar playing was amazing. The only person I didnt really get into was Rocky. I like his recordings somewhat but they are kind of boring for me. So I just couldnt get into that. Jenny Owens Young was bad ass. She holds her own. She has funny into between songs banter. Dave Hause is great. So much energy. And of course Chuck was awesome. Everything he does is going to rule. At least to me that's the case. You got to think to, Revival Tour is something that Chuck began and continues to bring out awesome musicians to collaborate.

So, if this show does near you, and should definitely check it out. You might find a new musician that tickles your fancy.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Is this the first Revival Tour with a drummer?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:34 am

Just got back from the show in Syracuse. Everyone was excellent and I definitely have some new artists to look into! The one thing that sucked was the crowd. A small handful of people were clearly there to see Toh Kay and a few for Chuck but otherwise most of the people didn't seem particularly interested in anyone! It was so bizarre. They all just seemed mildly interested in most of the acts.

Dave's part was the worst crowd wise. There were people (in the front) texting, or talking, etc. and he called them out for it. He was cool about it (joking around) but it was a shame because I was close to, if not the only, person singing along. BUT the one good thing about that is he noticed I knew all the words and he came to the edge of the stage during Prague and we shouted "for a little while!" right in each other's faces. Very cool moment Smile

Also, Chuck is the nicest person I've ever met. Like, inhumanly nice.

This is the first time I've heard about a drummer on the Revival Tour but I think it was an awesome addition!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:41 am

Chuck is one of the coolest guys ever. From my own experience and from stories from other people Smile

Dave got a great response around here, but I'm guessing it's cus he plays so much in this area and he's a Philly boy, etc. Were there a lot of people up in the crowd I wondered what their draw was outside of the NYC/Boston/DC corridor. That sucks that people were being lame during his set but on the plus side, it sounds like you bonded during the show Wink

I had never heard of Toh Kay in my life before this tour. I felt like there were a good number of people in the crowd there just for him.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:54 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Chuck is one of the coolest guys ever. From my own experience and from stories from other people Smile

Dave got a great response around here, but I'm guessing it's cus he plays so much in this area and he's a Philly boy, etc. Were there a lot of people up in the crowd I wondered what their draw was outside of the NYC/Boston/DC corridor. That sucks that people were being lame during his set but on the plus side, it sounds like you bonded during the show Wink

I had never heard of Toh Kay in my life before this tour. I felt like there were a good number of people in the crowd there just for him.

They actually did get a pretty good turnout. It was just a very unengaged crowd. Much different than when I saw the tour in London in 2011. A few very cute audience moments though. One grown burly man had a fangirl moment over Chuck when he played the guy's request. It was very cute. And one guy brought his like 4 year old daughter and they got her on stage to play the tambourine. It was very cute.

Very true about location being a factor with Dave. I was not expecting that level of disinterest but makes sense and yea we definitely did bond haha Very Happy . So much eye contact with smiling so I'm not complaining. Wish I could've caught him after. I did see him going to the bus but he swore pretty loudly about something and it was snowy and gross so I didn't try and stop him.

Same here about Toh Kay. Streetlight Manifesto's actually coming to play a show at my school soon (Ithaca College) so it'll be interesting to see what size crowd they draw.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 3:55 am

I think that even straight guys totally swoon over Chuck. It's impossible not to.

I probably wouldn't want to bug a cussing Dave either :O
Back to top Go down
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:50 am

hahaha, i definitely have a swoon over chuck (and Chino Moreno). I have never actually met him but from stories I hear and his manly acts of fishing, playing guitar, writing great lyrics, dressing style I cant help myself. "No Homo" as the youth of today says or used to say
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tours   Revival Tours - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revival Tours
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next