DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)

Go down 
+8
steady now steady now
Bea
McPhisto
Jerseyrain
Frenzal
JukeboxJuliet
BuddyHolly
theBasemen
12 posters
AuthorMessage
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Empty
PostSubject: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:35 pm

So who is going to see The Revival Tour in Amsterdam tomorrow?
The show will be at a community-church and I'm excited (of course). I don't know many songs of Dave Hause or Dan Andriano, but I'm very looking forward to them as well. I'll be taking my bluesharp with me again, just in case Brian needs another kid on stage.

Just to get an image of the stage, this is what it looked like when Patti Smith played there:
Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Cd5b80ce374c124233e5eac1a1e97f6d_view

Greetings,

Steve
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:10 pm

I wish I would be going. Unfortunately it sold out too early so I couldn't get tickets. I was already bummed out about it but you made it even worst by posting that picture of the venue. It looks awesome! Too bad I won't be there Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:02 pm

I'm so jealous of anyone who gets to go to this show - if I had the money I was going to make this my 30th b-day present, (seriously, what a way to celebrate!) but uh... trips across the sea are 'spensive :/

I'll live vicariously through anyone who gets to go though, can't wait to see pics and videos! Everything I've been seeing so far is so great!
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Just discovered Chuck's wife and my little girl share the same name... Another reason why the music's so ridiculously brilliant!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
Frenzal
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:40 am

Yes, I'm going. Looking forward to it, great line-up.
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:24 am

Video of American Slang in Amsterdam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C5FTxXy53U
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:27 am

Weird to see the venue was seated confused
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:37 am

No set lists?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
McPhisto
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:23 pm

My gf got the setlist:) I'll try to get it up here someday soon if nobody else will.
I'm pretty sure brian played 1930 and the whole setlist was 46 songs if I remember right.
Brian also played: '59 sound, american slang, great expectations, black betty, crush, ladykiller, cherry blossoms, white t-shirts, and uhmmmmm not sure about the others:)

Was a great show! I liked that it was a seated show and it was my first seated show. It worked well for this venue and during the last 5 songs people stood up.

I bought the awesome Brian t-shirt and I love it:) It's really pretty. Also got to meet Dave afterwards and he was a nice guy. From what I have heard he takes the time to talk to the fans after every show on this tour so that's pretty cool. He was around when I bought his album so he signed it:)

Brian was nowhere to be found. He wasnt ever watching any of the songs while he didn't have to sing or play guitar. Dave and Chuck were basicly watching the whole show and Dan was usually around too. I heard Brian's wife was around too so he was prolly spending some time with her:P He was probably out to sign stuff later tho because I couldn't stay long afterwards.

Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:55 pm

full show (i guess?) is being uploaded here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ihearttheweakerthans#g/u
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Some good videos there. you could rip the audio i rekon and create an mp3 bootleg coz we havnt had them so far. I'll try doing it when i have time but 46 songs is a big job
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:24 pm

jerseyrain wrote:
Some good videos there. you could rip the audio i rekon and create an mp3 bootleg coz we havnt had them so far. I'll try doing it when i have time but 46 songs is a big job

good man; for our purposes, you could concentrate on Brian's stuff for starters Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Great vids,looks a cool venue.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:44 pm

He played The Patient fucking Ferris Wheel. Thats my fave - wish Id seen that!
Back to top Go down
Frenzal
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:11 pm

My first seated concert as well. Worked fine for this show, but a little different though.

Horrible Crowes songs were amazing.

It I'm quite sure he didn't play 1930 \...but the patient ferris wheel was perfect.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:33 pm

1930 would be perfect. I always wanted to hear the acoustic version live.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
McPhisto
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:36 pm

Prolly right about 1930...It's on the setlist tho:) But Rotterdam wasnt on it and im sure it was played so they changed the setlist a bit
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:38 pm

Well, we should be used to setlist changes by now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:42 am

Curious- since it was seated, were people more respectful or did they chatter just as much as at other shows?
Back to top Go down
Pax
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:47 am

What an amazing evening.....
The Revival Tour concept is truly inspired. The venue was stunning and the musicians all just exceptional. I can't belive how fast the 3hrs flew by.
I missed all the UK tour dates as I was in Holland so was delighted the De Duif date coincided with my last evening in Amsterdam - I don't think it could have been surpassed.
I took some pics but don't seem to be able to post them or a link to them - if anyone wants a look I'll PM the link and do feel free to forward.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:53 am

steady now steady now wrote:
jerseyrain wrote:

good man; for our purposes, you could concentrate on Brian's stuff for starters Very Happy

I will do but don't expect anything immediately. Also it seems there are a few videos missing from the show there isn't 46 but I'll work with whats there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)   Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revival Tour Amsterdam (4th of October)
Page 1 of 1