DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link??

Go down 
+23
JimmyB
Jerseyrain
J_Bizness
steffuhnee
IrishNameAndAnInjury
stephendgaf
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Daire
steady now steady now
StopAndSlideToTheRight
simo
The M
Casey
NeverTrustAJunkie
Debonair
Bea
riversedge
MKULTRA
Tiffany
19thirty
The Angry Johnny Revue
Harbortown
Rock bus
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link??   Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:37 pm

Quote :
he's being ironic, you actually think an admin wouldn't know what TGA means??

Well one there was nothing really in his post that was saying he was joking or being ironic

But since he is an admin I knew he didn't actually ment it, I thought he was stating it for like newbies or something, believe me i wasnt like

"Lolz adimd don't know what tga is hahaz"
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link??   Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:46 pm

Absolutely, although I may not have ever found out about THC if I didn't already love TGA. I love every song Brian has written, and I think Elsie's songs are stronger, deeper, and overall more poetic than previous efforts, not discredit any of TGA's amazing songs. But when I think of Mary Ann, Sugar, I Witnessed a Crime, Blood Loss, etc., it makes me love THC on their own, a branch on Gaslight's family tree, but with their own clear identity. I mean seriously, what's not to love?

Last edited by IrishNameAndAnInjury on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steffuhnee
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
steffuhnee

PostSubject: Re: Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link??   Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 5:00 am

Of course! Brian Fallon has such a way with words. I like good music, so regardless of the gaslight anthem, I’d love the horrible crowes!
Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link??   Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 12:57 pm

If I would've heard of them I would love them. I heard of them through gaslight so I love them. The way it burns is something unique
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link??   Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:59 am

Id definitely like them but its just a question would I have found out about them or have had the urge to investigate. None of my friends are obsessively into Gaslight and Im guessing none of them would have known THC to tell me about them either.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link??   Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 12:49 pm

Would I love it? yes
Would I have ever heard about it? doubtful
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link??   Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 3:31 pm

Absolutely--assuming I was able to find out about them
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive

PostSubject: Re: Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link??   Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 2:56 pm

Of course I would, but different things is would I ever found them right away or would I have give them the time they needed, because this record didnt hit me in the first times. And i know that every record dont do that, but sometimes I have the patience and sometimes I dont Smile. This time I kinda had to have that patience. Its like, when my friend has been in many different bands you just have listen them more or something you know...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link??   Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:48 am

yeah...otherwise i wouldn't admit to liking THC..it's not like fucking nepotism. THC is awesome separate of Gaslight.
Back to top Go down
CharlotteGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
CharlotteGaslight

PostSubject: Re: Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link??   Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:35 pm

I probably wouldn't have even known about THC without the Gaslight link, but if I had by chance discovered them, I would definately still love them , for me it's just perfect Smile
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link??   Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:06 pm

It's a tricky question as Elsie would not exist without the success of the Gaslights in my opinion - I like Elsie a lot but have gone back to Sink or Swim of late even though it gets a bit Green Day in places for me.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link??   Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:37 am

when my mom was in town, both she and my brother, separately, asked me who i was listening to when Elsie was playing! yay for other people recognizing how great it is!

i started to offer to burn a copy for my mom, but then i was like, sorry mom, you gotta support them and buy your own copy. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link??   Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you like the Horrible Crowes without the Gaslight link??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2