DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting started

Go down 
+5
steady now steady now
Bea
Debonair
xorcist
Phil Rockabill
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 10:41 am

Hi,

Starting a "small" vinyl collection of bands that i like and currently looking for Sink or Swim, The '59 Sound, American slang and Elsie on Ebay ect...
I'm trying to avoid late pressing as i'm looking here for a very limited collection of probably less than 50 vinyls and would like some sort of originality.

If you think you've got something that i would like, let me know.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
xorcist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:19 pm

Hey Man,

Just a heads up on this, the rarest Gaslight records have been going for a lot of money lately. If you're looking for the rarest copies, they're going to be expensive.

Good luck on starting your collection. It becomes addicting. And quick.
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:40 pm

xorcist wrote:
Hey Man,

Just a heads up on this, the rarest Gaslight records have been going for a lot of money lately. If you're looking for the rarest copies, they're going to be expensive.

Good luck on starting your collection. It becomes addicting. And quick.

Thanks! king

Yeah, they're expensive! I'm in no rush but again, i'm not looking for the rarest copies. Since i'm starting nearly scratch, (i only own 2 vinyl at the moment) i might as well look for something more exclusive than the last pressing. So far, i've found interresting stuff on ebay but didn't buy anything yet...still looking around. The '59 sound seems the rarest for early pressing right? Or maybe wrong time on ebay?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:08 pm

I'm collecting every thing horrible crowes vinyl related because I missed out on tga, I tried looking for tga stuff and it became aperant way to quick that they have a lot of vinyls and some(as said) can be expensive. So I gave up (kinda) and started fresh with the horrible crowes

Don't know how full of a collection your looking for, but i wish you the best

In case you havent seen this go to

Gaslightanthem(.)org

(They don't let me post links yet so just remove the parenthisis)

-and go to the vinyl tab, has a full list of their vinyls, hope it helps
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:38 pm

like it's been said above, it can get very expensive. i also started collecting Gaslight, but gave up quickly. but hey, good luck Wink

@Debonair: how come you can't post links?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:41 pm

New users aren't allowed to post links for seven days(which I understand, they don't want spam) I found a way around it though for photos
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:17 pm

i had no idea, thanks for the explanation Basketball
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:21 pm

Debonair wrote:
New users aren't allowed to post links for seven days(which I understand, they don't want spam) I found a way around it though for photos

that's not something I am aware of and, having just gobe through teh various control panels, it is not something I see as an option any which way; so, I have no idea why you can't post links; are you simply pasting them into the body of your messages?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:25 pm

New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

This comes up when I try putting links in, yes I copy and paste them, does that matter
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Debonair wrote:
New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

This comes up when I try putting links in, yes I copy and paste them, does that matter

oops, I've found it now in one of the Admin panels; it's probably a good thing to keep though; sorry that it's caught you out, as your posts have all been great, but I can't override it for individual members
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Hey I understand, and I don't plan on goin anywhere so I can wait the three more days.

Others had to wait and I'm no exception to the rule, rules are rules.
I'll just put the spaces in between until then
Back to top Go down
spgilbert
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Good luck on your collection! Yesterday, I found 'Sink or Swim' in purple, the 'Sink or Swim Demo' 7" in gold, plus a black copy of 'American Slang' at a USED (?!?!?!) record store. I know those aren't very rare at all, but I got them all for $30, so I was pretty stoked. I already had the 'Live at Park Ave' and the 'Tumbling Dice' 7", so if I could just find any copy of 'The '59 Sound' I'd be set.
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:58 pm

spgilbert wrote:
Good luck on your collection! Yesterday, I found 'Sink or Swim' in purple, the 'Sink or Swim Demo' 7" in gold, plus a black copy of 'American Slang' at a USED (?!?!?!) record store. I know those aren't very rare at all, but I got them all for $30, so I was pretty stoked. I already had the 'Live at Park Ave' and the 'Tumbling Dice' 7", so if I could just find any copy of 'The '59 Sound' I'd be set.

Cool. When looking at the right place (and often at the right time...) you end up finding goodies. That's my next plan for the next few weeks: Hit a couple of used record store here in Montreal.

Meanwhile, i'm about to set up my 40 years old Pioneer Stereo/turntable. Thx dad and grand-pa. king
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm ready !

Getting started DSC00180

Getting started DSC00178

Getting started DSC00187

Last edited by Phil Rockabill on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xorcist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Nice setup! I actually just parted out my collection. I was pretty close to a full, but just decided I wasn't going to finish. I still have these available if you have any interest, drop me a line:

12"s:

The Gaslight Anthem - American Slang - Half Black/Half Green with White Splatter /500 (1st press)
The Gaslight Anthem - Sink or Swim - Clear (Will always be pressed on this color from now on)
The Gaslight Anthem - Sink or Swim - Green /1000 (3rd Press...I think?)
The Gaslight Anthem - Sink or Swim - Yellow/500 (Most recent Euro press.)

and if you're interested in 7"s, I have these left:

The Gaslight Anthem - Sink Or Swim Demos - Orange /514 (2nd Press)
The Gaslight Anthem - Sink Or Swim Demos - Yellow /1600 (2nd Press)

If anything sounds interesting to you, drop me a message.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:49 am

I don't even want to attempt a full Gaslight collection. I might try and get at least a colored pressing of each release though (Including the 7"s).
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:33 pm

Im collecting anything crowes releated from now
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Hahaha, I guess you have a bit more of a head start if you opt for the crowes.
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:40 pm

StopAndSlideToTheRight wrote:
I don't even want to attempt a full Gaslight collection. I might try and get at least a colored pressing of each release though (Including the 7"s).

Full collection is out of the question. Like you said, getting one colored of each pressing is what i'll mostly do.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:59 pm

Please don't use the word "vinyls", because it makes me cringe. Very Happy

Just say "vinyl." If you need to go all plural on me, just say "records."

Ok. the grammar police are going back to sleep now.

Last edited by Shrewsbury_Stars on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 3:58 pm

Oh, sorry about that but english is not my first language.

Thanks for letting me know.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Phil Rockabill wrote:

Don't worry, I know plenty of English people who say "vinyls".
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:25 pm

StopAndSlideToTheRight wrote:
Phil Rockabill wrote:

Don't worry, I know plenty of English people who say "vinyls".

Yeah seriously. Your English is just fine. My post was intended to be tongue in cheek.
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting started   Getting started Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting started
Page 1 of 1