DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hello from Singapore! :-)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mirrorenigma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mirrorenigma

hello from Singapore! :-)  Empty
PostSubject: hello from Singapore! :-)    hello from Singapore! :-)  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:56 am

I'm learning the 59 sound on guitar & it struck me that I should really check if there's a Gaslight Anthem forum online! I am so in love with the band but no one that I know of in my country seems to be as enthusiastic. The nearest place they would play in concert would be in Australia (which will be 5 hours away - Perth).

I'm 25, female and also like other bands like The Cure, Alkaline Trio and Libertines, etc. I found the Gaslight Anthem by sheer chance, they were linked to Alkaline Trio on a music site & I just happened to be curious enough to check them out. My favourite song is probably "great expectations" but I love them all really. :-)

Hope to speak to everyone soon and maybe even meet someone here as I plan to travel abroad to catch TGA in concert :-)
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: hello from Singapore! :-)    hello from Singapore! :-)  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:10 am

welcome! : )
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: hello from Singapore! :-)    hello from Singapore! :-)  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:21 am

plugga wrote:
welcome! : )

good to have you with us; have you given 'Elsie' a listen as well already?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
mirrorenigma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mirrorenigma

PostSubject: Re: hello from Singapore! :-)    hello from Singapore! :-)  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:34 am

Is that a new song?! WHere can i hear it?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: hello from Singapore! :-)    hello from Singapore! :-)  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:48 am

mirrorenigma wrote:
Is that a new song?! WHere can i hear it?

it's Brian's new side project with Ian Perkin, performing as 'The Horrible Crowes'; there are lots of threads about it on this forum, not least as you can now (since yesterday) hear it stream in full at

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-album-stream-horrible-crowes-cinematic-debut-elsie-20110901

or

http://www.nme.com/news/the-gaslight-anthem--2/58975

our forum threads are at https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/c6-the-horrible-crowes
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
mirrorenigma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mirrorenigma

PostSubject: Re: hello from Singapore! :-)    hello from Singapore! :-)  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:49 am

thank you so much! i did read on his blog sometime ago but this is awesome!! :-) XX
Back to top Go down
mirrorenigma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mirrorenigma

PostSubject: Re: hello from Singapore! :-)    hello from Singapore! :-)  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 12:10 pm

i also just realised there's this new song called 'biloxi parish' which is ridiculously good. I want to marry that song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hello from Singapore! :-)    hello from Singapore! :-)  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:48 pm

mirrorenigma wrote:
i also just realised there's this new song called 'biloxi parish' which is ridiculously good. I want to marry that song.

Hahah, I think you'll fit in pretty well here! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: hello from Singapore! :-)    hello from Singapore! :-)  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 6:06 pm

welcome aboard lady!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello from Singapore! :-)    hello from Singapore! :-)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hello from Singapore! :-)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: