DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has it leaked?

Go down 
+18
Jay
Jerseyrain
emmahallows
fullcollapse
Casey
acousticbandit
MikeSig
Holland
Bea
ral
steady now steady now
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Vibes
I am Incinerator
simo
riversedge
plugga
CluckyB
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:37 am

Looking at their last.fm plays, the non-behold the hurricane songs had like 25 plays last week. I doubt that many last.fm users can have early access just from S1D -- so has it like, just leaked to some private trackers but no one has put it out publicly?

*still isn't actually going to listen to a leak, I'm just curious where all those new listeners are coming from*
Back to top Go down

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:58 am

the album is not on what.cd so im going to say no its hasn't leaked.

the last.fm plays could be people who got a hold of the promotional copies of the album. Once the album is available for stream, then it will leak I think.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:49 am

nope it has not Smile
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:01 am

I'm confident this album will never leak!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:13 am

if it doesn't then I will be very proud of them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:34 am

It's probably just S1D folks, reviewers, and friends of the band scrobbling.
Back to top Go down
I am Incinerator
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm surprised that an anticipated release like this hasn't been leaked. In the past, I've had access to some albums atleast 4-6 weeks prior to the street date.

I can hold tight for another week on this one. I haven't even heard Behold the Hurricane yet!
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:46 pm

It hasn't leaked. What.cd is where they leak. You can also follow twitter.com/isthatsomeleaks to find out when leaks happen pretty closely to when they do. I'm guessing from their experience with The 59 Sound leaking so early and American slang leaking around 2 months early, they've got this ship sealed pretty tightly.

I wish I still worked at Punknews, maybe I'd have a copy
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:13 pm

I am Incinerator wrote:
I'm surprised that an anticipated release like this hasn't been leaked. In the past, I've had access to some albums atleast 4-6 weeks prior to the street date.

I can hold tight for another week on this one. I haven't even heard Behold the Hurricane yet!

dedicated
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:12 pm

Seriously wish I could get onto what.cd
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:17 pm

I'd send out invites if they gave them out. They're super hard to come by. All we really need is 1 person on the forum to have access to what.cd and then distribute the files if they do leak.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:26 pm

Vibes wrote:
I'd send out invites if they gave them out. They're super hard to come by. All we really need is 1 person on the forum to have access to what.cd and then distribute the files if they do leak.

True, we need a mole!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:38 pm

Vibes wrote:

ADMIN says: BUT NO LEAKING 'ELSIE' ON THIS FORUM !! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:44 pm

Vibes wrote:

a few things...
a) what.cd gives out invites at least once a month to Power Users+. it's probably only hard to find an invite if you've already been banned.
b) what happened to forum rule against sharing commercial releases?

edited to add: I see Alexander has addressed the second point even though he really shouldn't have to.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:46 pm

hey we wouldn't be posting any links on the forum, just sharing some music among friends by private messaging. there isn't a rule against that, is there? Razz
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:03 pm

Bea wrote:
hey we wouldn't be posting any links on the forum, just sharing some music among friends by private messaging. there isn't a rule against that, is there? Razz

Admin can't control or see what goes on in PMs, but, as I posted earlier in a separate message, "anyone posting a link, offering a link or requesting a link will be banned".

Last edited by steady now steady now on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:04 pm

Sorry about my earlier post if it was deemed wrongful i'm just an exited chap.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Holland wrote:
Sorry about my earlier post if it was deemed wrongful i'm just an exited chap.

we all are, chaps and chapesses bounce
Back to top Go down

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:09 pm

I have a what.cd account.
The album is not there yet, which means it hasnt leaked.
If it does leak, im not going to post a link and im not going to be the one sending it to people via pm.

just wait few more days till your copy arrives like me or download it off mediafire or something once the album is officially released
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:26 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Bea wrote:

Admin can't control or see what goes on in PMs, but, as I posted earlier in a separate message, "anyone posting a link, offering a link or requesting a link will be banned".

yeah yeah i was just kidding, don't worry, we know the rules of the forum Smile i'm still going to wait for my copy to arrive instead of downloading it if it leaks since the release date is just around the corner now
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:36 pm

I actually can't be bothered anymore looking for a leak, i'm just gonna wait till i can spin my vinyl when it arrives and pretend it's the 70's
Back to top Go down
MikeSig
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MikeSig

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:38 pm

A couple of things are probably preventing this from leaking:

- It's surely going to be an awesome record, but it's not a mass-release, so it isn't being shipped to 10,000 stores
- They clearly aren't letting many review copies out, as only about 4 reviews have been posted. My friend runs a decent-sized music blog, and the SideOneDummy rep wouldn't give her a preview, even though she got one for every Gaslight record.
- As others have mentioned in other threads, Brian's comments regarding this matter have probably dissuaded a few people from leaking it, as there is extra guilt there.

The question is: will Elsie float (as opposed to leak) until next Monday/Tuesday, now that shipments have started going out?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/MikeSig
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:40 pm

well we don't even know when the release date is! the 5th? the 6th? the 9th? i'd say Elsie floated if it makes it past this weekend without leaking
Back to top Go down
MikeSig
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MikeSig

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:43 pm

Bea wrote:
well we don't even know when the release date is! the 5th? the 6th? the 9th? i'd say Elsie floated if it makes it past this weekend without leaking

Agreed. However, I'll be shocked if a few holes don't get poked into its side this weekend. At this point, I just want it to leak so that I have a few extra days to spin it before the show on 9/8!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/MikeSig
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:44 pm

I bet I know what it is. For The 59 Sound they sent me a disk. That leaked (I didn't do it haha). For American Slang, they had a website that I had to log into to listen to the tracks. I bet it's the same for Elsie. Someone would have to record the tracks as they're being played and load them up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Has it leaked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has it leaked?   Has it leaked? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has it leaked?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next