DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evan James (Springsteen's son)

Go down 
+5
Jay
Harbortown
kuruptlon
riversedge
f1schu111
9 posters
AuthorMessage
f1schu111
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Evan James (Springsteen's son) Empty
PostSubject: Evan James (Springsteen's son)   Evan James (Springsteen's son) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:23 am

this is a link to his myspace. i can hear brian fallon sining sweet georgia brown.

http://www.myspace.com/evanjamesmusictime
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Evan James (Springsteen's son)   Evan James (Springsteen's son) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:43 am

Promising young man Smile
Back to top Go down
kuruptlon
A Contender
A Contender
kuruptlon

PostSubject: Re: Evan James (Springsteen's son)   Evan James (Springsteen's son) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:54 am

Yup could definitely hear Brian singing sweet georgia brown
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Evan James (Springsteen's son)   Evan James (Springsteen's son) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Chip off the old block
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Evan James (Springsteen's son)   Evan James (Springsteen's son) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:52 pm

Sounds like something Brian Fallon woulda written earlier in his career.

I don't like it very much.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Evan James (Springsteen's son)   Evan James (Springsteen's son) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:53 pm

His voice could be improved, I feel like referencing Jersey is just something I didn't expect. If my dad was Springsteen i'd try to be quite different from him!
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Evan James (Springsteen's son)   Evan James (Springsteen's son) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Pretty good. Only listened to Sweet Georgia Brown so far.

I feel like he could tighten up the lyrics a bit. Some are just a bit awkward. But I like the chorus. I could easily see him improving those.

As far as singing, I like his voice a lot. It's very tragic and authentic. It was even good live.

It kind of sucks that he'll always be in his fathers shadow though and we'll never really get to judge him without bias because there will always be a comparison to his dad.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Evan James (Springsteen's son)   Evan James (Springsteen's son) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Jay wrote:

I feel like he could tighten up the lyrics a bit. Some are just a bit awkward. But I like the chorus. I could easily see him improving those.

As far as singing, I like his voice a lot. It's very tragic and authentic. It was even good live.

It kind of sucks that he'll always be in his fathers shadow though and we'll never really get to judge him without bias because there will always be a comparison to his dad.

have you heared Jakob Dylan?
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Evan James (Springsteen's son)   Evan James (Springsteen's son) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:23 pm

riversedge wrote:
Jay wrote:

have you heared Jakob Dylan?

Yeah of course there's Jacob Dylan, Sean Lennon, guys like that who have had success independent of their father's legacy. But I'll always look at them as "so-and-so's" son. I would rather have it not be that way, but that's just the fact of the matter, for me at least. It's nice that he's going under the name Evan James though. It'll give him little less expectation if he ever does really get into the music business.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Evan James (Springsteen's son)   Evan James (Springsteen's son) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 4:29 am

I mean, didn't Bruce say he got into Gaslight due to his kids? So the guy probably is a fan of gaslight and so Brian's writing influences show through =P
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Evan James (Springsteen's son)   Evan James (Springsteen's son) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:50 pm

CluckyB wrote:
I mean, didn't Bruce say he got into Gaslight due to his kids? So the guy probably is a fan of gaslight and so Brian's writing influences show through =P

Haha yeah I was thinking that as well
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Evan James (Springsteen's son)   Evan James (Springsteen's son) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 2:45 am

Georgia Brown was okay, I liked NYC a lot though. He's got potential, and I do think he's cool he's not using Springsteen on the end of his name. I guess that could still change though.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Evan James (Springsteen's son)   Evan James (Springsteen's son) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:14 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvNZn1eb4M4

I don't quite see the resemblance with springsteen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evan James (Springsteen's son)   Evan James (Springsteen's son) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evan James (Springsteen's son)
Page 1 of 1