DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

El Jefe poster book with Brian intro

Go down 
+6
J.B.R.
StopAndSlideToTheRight
El Jefe
Gaslight23
Bea
steady now steady now
10 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Empty
PostSubject: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:18 pm

from El Jefe Design

INK CREEP - our new book showcasing our poster work for the last three years. It is 8" x 10", full color, 80 pages featuring 70+ posters plus an introduction by Brian Fallon of The Gaslight Anthem. Each book is signed by the artist and includes a free t-shirt (email us your size after ordering). A mere 15 being sold to the public.

$50

www.eljefedesign.com/store/inkcreep.html

El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Store_inkcreep
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:23 pm

awesome ;D what's the t-shirt?
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Ordered mine Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:47 pm

I ordered one! Was gonna wait til my next pay check cause I've been dishing out way to much cash lately, but since there are only 15... It looks siiiiiiiiiiiiick.
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:52 pm

Thanks for the plug. The shirt is a random one that I have done over the last few years. Figured it was a nice way to make sure the book arrives without crunched corners. I am also throwing in stickers, a postcard, and whatever else is around. Make it worth it. I have around 5 of these left I think. Thanks again for the support!
Back to top Go down
http://www.eljefedesign.com
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:22 am

thanks for the info Very Happy can't wait!
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:18 am

I seriously wish that I could put one on hold. I can't afford being any more in debt Sad
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:30 am

StopAndSlideToTheRight wrote:
I seriously wish that I could put one on hold. I can't afford being any more in debt Sad

thsi from El Jefe's FB:

"Wow, only 4 left of the Ink Creep book. That was quick. Thank you! If you are interested, get one now! We may do another printing later but not with a free shirt and all the other goodies."
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:36 am

steady now steady now wrote:

thsi from El Jefe's FB:

"Wow, only 4 left of the Ink Creep book. That was quick. Thank you! If you are interested, get one now! We may do another printing later but not with a free shirt and all the other goodies."

I think I don't have a chance. If only I hadn't of had to pay 40 bucks shipping on the horrible crowes pre-order Sad
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 pm

darn it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Got my copy in the mail yesterday. Nice work, El Jefe!! It's one of the nicest things I've purchased recently, and the t-shirt is sweet as well!!!!
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 6:08 pm

got this ordered & can't wait to see it Smile maybe it'll arrive at the weekend?! that would be a fab birthday present!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:23 pm

Too late to order, dang
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:27 pm

Received mine today, nice work El Jefe, it's awesome!
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:31 pm

What does the introduction say?
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:55 pm

FOREWORD

I'm not exactly sure how this relationship began, one day there wasn't any art direction, and then one day there were all these posters everywhere by some guy in DC with all these girls on 'em that told little stories...

I don't remember exactly how I was turned on to Jeff Everett's artwork, but I do remember always hating to have to pick designers every tour or so. The two things I hate more than anything is sifting through bad demos and sifting through bad artwork. The reason is there's always guilt attached to not liking someone's work, so you hope you like everything you see or that someone sends to you, but 99% of the time, it's not what you're looking for, even when it's great. With Jeff, I remember him sending over some pictures of girls with tattoos and old cars that usually had some element of tragedy in them. So my first thought, was "Perfect, this goes right along with the songs...let's hire this guy to do art for us."

That's pretty much how it went, we wrote songs and Jeff made paintings and drawings and designs, one day they both met up and realized it was kind of meant to be.

I remember when I was kid I would look at Hot Water Music albums and posters and whatever else they put out and it was all done by a guy who's name was SINC. That's what he signed, anyway. His name was Scott Sinclair, and he did pretty much all their artwork for the first many years, and when I saw it, it always made me think of Hot Water songs. It felt right, and it fit, it told the story visually. I always wanted my own guy who could do the same thing with our songs, you know to the point of a knock off, because in the late 90's everybody ripped off the SINC/HWM thing, everybody! But they did it because it was so cool, and it was visually something new. I'm not saying what we do is a new concept, but when you see one of Jeff's posters hanging on the wall in your buddy's house, you stare at it for a minute and you know what the feeling was, and it feels like everybody. That's what the songs are about, and these are the pictures that tell the story... and it's what The Gaslight Anthem's songs look like.

BRIAN FALLON, January 2011
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:04 am

Wicked cheers bud
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:11 am

got mine today. beautiful (:
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Got mine yestetday. Beautiful documentation of incredible posters. Also the shirt is really adorable and the design is a perfect fit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:48 am

Would anybody be kind enough to upload a picture of the T-Shirt?
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 7:09 am

Would anybody be kind enough to upload a picture of the T-Shirt?

seconded
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 8:54 am

It's different shirts but I can upload one of mine later if you want...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:01 am

I did four different shirts which can be seen in my etsy page. It was the switchblade pop, chain gang of love, bird of war/music, and the flower one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eljefedesign.com
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:11 am

El Jefe wrote:
I did four different shirts which can be seen in my etsy page. It was the switchblade pop, chain gang of love, bird of war/music, and the flower one.

Thank you, fine Sir.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:13 am

I love the switchblade popsicle! Awesome idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: El Jefe poster book with Brian intro   El Jefe poster book with Brian intro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

El Jefe poster book with Brian intro
Page 1 of 1