DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian

Go down 
+8
RobertODonnell
plugga
El Jefe
Daire
Harbortown
Shrewsbury_Stars
CluckyB
LuceroDiehard
12 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Empty
PostSubject: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 9:45 pm

Go Veg With The Gaslight Anthem

By Chelsi Schriver

True heroes of good, sincere music, buzzworthy band The Gaslight Anthem has been my number one pick ever since its SideOneDummy Records debut. So of course I was extra-ecstatic to learn that drummer extraordinaire Benny Horowitz is a longtime vegetarian. We have an exclusive video with Benny for you to check out–and an amazing contest to go along with it! Enter the contest to win an awesome prize pack from The Gaslight Anthem!

Benny took time to chat with us about how his animal-loving childhood naturally led him toward a vegetarian lifestyle. It's a common path for many animal-loving kids: to put it simply, why would you want to kill and eat the animals you love?

See the interview at:

http://www.peta2.com/outthere/o-thegaslightanthem.asp
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 4:33 am

I have nothing against vegetarians but Peta is a scumbag of a company. Benny should know better than to align his support with them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 5:40 am

CluckyB wrote:
I have nothing against vegetarians but Peta is a scumbag of a company.

I agree with you and this is coming from a fellow Vegetarian.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 8:20 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

Interesting.

I know very little of PETA.

What makes is a "scumbag" organization?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 8:43 am

bobbyw24 wrote:
to put it simply, why would you want to kill and eat the animals you love?

Because they're delicious. That's my answer for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 8:53 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:
to put it simply, why would you want to kill and eat the animals you love?

Because they're delicious. That's my answer for me anyway.
So delicious.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 1:01 pm

bobbyw24 wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

Interesting.

They often use extremes for a shock effect (i.e. give kids panflets saying "Your Mommy Kills Animals" or making holocaust comparisons). Plus they want to call fish Sea Kittens. They also haven't had the greatest track record with their own animal wellfare, having been known to dispose of thousands of animals that get left with them that they can't/don't want to take care of.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 1:06 pm

CluckyB wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

Interesting.

They often use extremes for a shock effect (i.e. give kids panflets saying "Your Mommy Kills Animals" or making holocaust comparisons). Plus they want to call fish Sea Kittens. They also haven't had the greatest track record with their own animal wellfare, having been known to dispose of thousands of animals that get left with them that they can't/don't want to take care of.

Wow-wonder if Beny knows about this stuff
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 1:38 pm

bobbyw24 wrote:
why would you want to kill and eat the animals you love?

Because they taste fucking lovely.
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 4:32 pm

I am vegan and have been for 15 years. I can not stand PETA. I think overall I agree with what they are about but I think they go about it in an entirely too confrontational manner. That said, they are a good starting point for people who want info on going veggie.

That, and one of my favorite wrestlers is a spokes person for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eljefedesign.com
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 4:34 pm

CluckyB wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

Interesting.

this. also they're sexist idiots.
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 4:42 pm

!

The "rather go naked?" campaign?
Back to top Go down
http://www.eljefedesign.com
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 4:52 pm

El Jefe wrote:
!

yes, and the general use they make of the female body to promote their campaigns, it's embarassing.
I'm trying to become vegetarian, I'm all for animals rights but I refuse to support peta!
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 1:37 am

plugga wrote:
El Jefe wrote:
!

yes, and the general use they make of the female body to promote their campaigns, it's embarassing.
I'm trying to become vegetarian, I'm all for animals rights but I refuse to support peta!
But it makes so much sense! Naked women? Poor widdle animals? Don't you see the connection?

But yeah, I'm about as vegan as the carnivorous animals they seem to want to protect. When it comes down to the hard facts, human beings are supposed to eat meat. Otherwise we wouldn't have evolved to have these sharp front teeth that are for just that. So whether you believe in God or evolution (or both, as I do), you can't deny that humans are meat-eating animals.

I won't stand for animal cruelty, and you're free to eat whatever you want; I don't care. But a company that uses sensationalist tactics to try to guilt normal people into thinking they're horrible killers and changing their diets is just wrong.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:24 am

lol yes apparently naked women can be used to sell every single thing in this world. funny.
Back to top Go down
waltzingseñora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
waltzingseñora

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:42 pm

I really don't like PETA :/
I remember reading on their site, that kids should be vegans since their birth.
I think people should choose for themselves, if they want to become vegans/vegetarians when they grow up they can, but you can't force them to do so since their birth, it's not democratic.
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Sofouska wrote:
I think people should choose for themselves, if they want to become vegans/vegetarians when they grow up they can, but you can't force them to do so since their birth, it's not democratic.

yes, I agree, just like in religion
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:32 am

CluckyB wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

Interesting.

They often use extremes for a shock effect (i.e. give kids panflets saying "Your Mommy Kills Animals"

thats pretty much my reasoning for not really aligning myself with them...

El Jefe wrote:
I am vegan and have been for 15 years. I can not stand PETA. I think overall I agree with what they are about but I think they go about it in an entirely too confrontational manner. That said, they are a good starting point for people who want info on going veggie.

agreed...

Daire wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:
why would you want to kill and eat the animals you love?

Because they taste fucking lovely.

yeah. and i'm sure humans taste fucking lovely, too, but people would fucking freak over cannibalism....
some of us just make the distinction that animals and humans are both living creatures who deserve equal rights to our own bodies and not having others devour them. fake meat products, by the way, have come a LONG ways. also, keeping/raising/slaughtering living, healthy, loving animals creates much more pollution to our planet than living a non-omnivore lifestyle does...and "faux" meat has come a long ways. you should give it a try. sorry to sound aggressive, but like i mentioned earlier, cannibalism is to this vegetarian pretty much what eating animals is to you...it's hard not to try and discourage people from eating your own kind.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:52 am

nebraska wrote:
Sofouska wrote:

yes, I agree, just like in religion

not really, raising kids without religion is fine. raising them vegan on the other hand can cause heath problems if it's done wrong.....no religion in your life won't hurt you. at least I feel a lot more free and happier since I parted ways with church and religious stuff.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:43 am

raising kids vegans and saying they should have the option to choose veganism is the same as raising a kid as an omnivore and saying they should have the option to choose their diet...either way is up to the kid, neither way is detrimental to the child (according to your personal beliefs). so raising a vegan kid to make up their own mind is no less close minded than raising a kid to be an omnivore, so long as you allow your child to make up their own mind at a certain age. veganism can be done healthfullly, any info to the contrary is ignorant. if i ever have kids, they will be raised without religion and animal sacrifices.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian   Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Benny from TGA tells PETA why he is a Vegetarian
Page 1 of 1