DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dresden, Germany, Setlist

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

Dresden, Germany, Setlist Empty
PostSubject: Dresden, Germany, Setlist   Dresden, Germany, Setlist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 6:37 am

High Lonesome
We Came To Dance
Cowgirls
Old White Lincoln
Diamond Church Street Choir
Bring It On
'59 sound
Patient Ferris Wheel
Elvis
Wooderson
Film Noir
Navesink banks
Señor & the Queen
Boomboxes and Dictionaries
Queen of Lower Chelsea
Meet Me By The River's Edge
Here's Looking At You, Kid
The Backseat
-----------------
She Loves You
Say I Won't (Recognise)
Biloxi Parish
Casanova, Baby!
Blue Jeans & White T-shirts
Great Expectations

Gotta admit that looks like a smoking show even though one of my three least favourite songs was played. The three last songs from The 59 Sound makes a strong ending to the mainset and Blue Jeans & White T-shirts back to back with Great Expectations to close with, may be even better than Navesink banks and great Expectations that they closed with the other night. Looks like Germany is THE country to see Gaslight, so many headlining shows down there and not one up here in Norway. Oh well, next time around...
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Dresden, Germany, Setlist   Dresden, Germany, Setlist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 7:42 am

OMG that's a fantastic set. If they're again not gonna play Biloxi and Casanova tonight in Hannover, I'm getting really angry Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Dresden, Germany, Setlist   Dresden, Germany, Setlist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:56 am

Have fun tonight enola, remember to report back to us, oh and tell Brian and the rest of the band to swing by Norway next time around, thanks!
Back to top Go down
J_Schooly
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Dresden, Germany, Setlist   Dresden, Germany, Setlist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:29 pm

I like that the long sets from 2010 have continued. Still wish they'd frontload the main set with a couple more barnburners, though, instead of playing Cowgirls and Choir so early. But that's a minor quibble. Awesome song selection. The fact that Elvis is now an every-night staple makes me very happy.
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Dresden, Germany, Setlist   Dresden, Germany, Setlist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 1:12 pm

J_Schooly wrote:
I like that the long sets from 2010 have continued. Still wish they'd frontload the main set with a couple more barnburners, though, instead of playing Cowgirls and Choir so early. But that's a minor quibble. Awesome song selection. The fact that Elvis is now an every-night staple makes me very happy.

Agree about Cowgirls. I always thought that would fit late in the set, could maybe even use it to close the mainset. I bet it was pretty cool at the Prague City Festival where they more or less turned the setlist upside down and actually closed with Cowgirls! Diamond Church Street Choir however is, IMO, a perfect song to play early on.

About Elvis, have you seen the bridge between Elvis and Wooderson? I think they started to play it on the last few shows of the 2010 tour, it's awesome. Reason enough alone to play Elvis and Wooderson every night.
Back to top Go down
theratman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
theratman

PostSubject: Re: Dresden, Germany, Setlist   Dresden, Germany, Setlist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Drop Cowgirls and replace with 1930 to have a near perfect 4 pack..

Diasgree about Germany being the place to see a show , thats going to Barcelona next week...

That said if I see the band I'm going to ask the question why no UK headlining shows this year...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dresden, Germany, Setlist   Dresden, Germany, Setlist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dresden, Germany, Setlist
Page 1 of 1