DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bootleg Gaslight t-shirts alert - eBay

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

bootleg Gaslight t-shirts  alert - eBay Empty
PostSubject: bootleg Gaslight t-shirts alert - eBay   bootleg Gaslight t-shirts  alert - eBay Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 5:54 am

[Admin edit: also see https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t2621-bootleg-tga-t-shirts-hoodies-etc]

Guys a bit of a warning, some weeks ago I went against my own rules of buying a non ligit Gaslight T shirt on ebay ( I know what your thinking) but I really liked the design.
Within a couple of hours of paying I got an e mail from ebay saying the guy was no longer a user, so I managed to get a full refund from paypal.
Well a week or so later the same shirt turned up on there again , this time in Melbourne Australia , so I decided to try again, got quite a nice e mail saying T shirt was on the way , but it seemed quite threatening almost demanding pos feedback, well the T shirt never arrived so after 4 weeks I opened a paypal dispute and I am not kidding I got a full refund with no question about doing a postal search or anything within 30 minutes of opening a dispute, looking at the guys recent feedback there has been quite a few with exactly the same experiance, earlier feeback all seems to be from people with really low feedback scores or from no longer registered users, all very odd.
I now see the same guy is now selling the same T shirts this time from New York, I am not saying this is a scam , but guys be carefull , something dont add up here, seems a funny way to do buisness if you pay out refunds with no questions asked, seems like he already knew the shirt wouldnt arrive and even on refund demanding a pos feedback score.

bootleg Gaslight t-shirts  alert - eBay Kgrhqq10
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: bootleg Gaslight t-shirts alert - eBay   bootleg Gaslight t-shirts  alert - eBay Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 6:26 am

One more proof why you shouln't even consider buying such stuff. Besides the discussion we already had earlier about copyrights and getting people not only the credit but also the money for their work, the chance to be ripped of is quite high.

And El Jefe's gonna love that that guy is using his design!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: bootleg Gaslight t-shirts alert - eBay   bootleg Gaslight t-shirts  alert - eBay Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 7:07 am

yepp I totally agree with you, I went beyond my own rules on this one, I see the same design has now up yet again, new seller ID , but back in Mebourne Aus ( seller feedback score (1).Be warned not only is he not selling legit band merch , im almost sure its some kind of scam.
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: bootleg Gaslight t-shirts alert - eBay   bootleg Gaslight t-shirts  alert - eBay Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:09 am

Wow that looks nice. Too bad it is a bootleg. I don't mind you buying, I am pissed he is selling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eljefedesign.com
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: bootleg Gaslight t-shirts alert - eBay   bootleg Gaslight t-shirts  alert - eBay Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:12 am

El Jefe wrote:
Wow that looks nice. Too bad it is a bootleg. I don't mind you buying, I am pissed he is selling.

it does look cool, come on guys you could bring out your own top quality version.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: bootleg Gaslight t-shirts alert - eBay   bootleg Gaslight t-shirts  alert - eBay Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:04 am

brucesboots wrote:
it does look cool, come on guys you could bring out your own top quality version.

Well that would actually be a great idea! Can you make it available for the Hamburg gigs next week ;o))))
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: bootleg Gaslight t-shirts alert - eBay   bootleg Gaslight t-shirts  alert - eBay Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:16 am

What did you do about giving him positive feedback? If I got a demanding request like that, I would have told him to go f*ck himself.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: bootleg Gaslight t-shirts alert - eBay   bootleg Gaslight t-shirts  alert - eBay Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:33 am

I dont like leaving anybody neg feedback, but I didnt leave very nice comments, I also asked questions to what the guy is up to. I was tempted to leave neg feedback but didnt want my own feedback spoilt in return.
This guy is not only selling GA shirts , but other bands aswell , the fact that the shirt has now popped up again and again , another user name but same locations, its got to be the same guy , there is not one mention in his feedback file that anyone has actually got this shirt . Just search Gaslight on ebay.com and you will find the adds, one in New York and one in Melbourne, but when you look at the adds its the same add.
I also 2nd the idea of the band getting this design shirt out themselves for Hamburg next week, it would be cool if the band put this bloke out of buisness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bootleg Gaslight t-shirts alert - eBay   bootleg Gaslight t-shirts  alert - eBay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bootleg Gaslight t-shirts alert - eBay
Page 1 of 1