DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

advice needed sink or swim demo blue splat 104

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

advice needed sink or swim demo blue splat 104 Empty
PostSubject: advice needed sink or swim demo blue splat 104   advice needed sink or swim demo blue splat 104 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:25 pm

can anybody give me some idea of a fair price to pay for the sink demos (yellow cover) ?
thanks.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: advice needed sink or swim demo blue splat 104   advice needed sink or swim demo blue splat 104 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:51 pm

There's a certain subjectivity to what constitutes a "fair" price but given the market for this over the last couple of years I'd say that $85 is the high end of what I would consider "fair."

I paid a bit over $100 for my a copy (I thought I was overpaying at the time and I still think I overpaid).

I got a second copy as part of a lot, which included (i) a full set of Sink or Swim demos, (i) three different variants of Sink or Swim (green, purple and clear) including one autographed by Brian, (ii) Great Expectations 7", (iii) 59 Sound 7"; (iv) S&TQ 7" (clear); and (v) S&TQ 7" (black). For that entire lot I paid $150. Considering what each of these items is worth, I think I ended up getting the /104 SOS demos for pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: advice needed sink or swim demo blue splat 104   advice needed sink or swim demo blue splat 104 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
There's a certain subjectivity to what constitutes a "fair" price but given the market for this over the last couple of years I'd say that $85 is the high end of what I would consider "fair."

I paid a bit over $100 for my a copy (I thought I was overpaying at the time and I still think I overpaid).

I got a second copy as part of a lot, which included (i) a full set of Sink or Swim demos, (i) three different variants of Sink or Swim (green, purple and clear) including one autographed by Brian, (ii) Great Expectations 7", (iii) 59 Sound 7"; (iv) S&TQ 7" (clear); and (v) S&TQ 7" (black). For that entire lot I paid $150. Considering what each of these items is worth, I think I ended up getting the /104 SOS demos for pretty cheap.

thanks for the advice , I found a guy wanting to sell a copy , but is asking £125 upwards (UK sterling) I thought that was extreme , but before I totally walk away from that one I thought I would seek advice.
Back to top Go down
xorcist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: advice needed sink or swim demo blue splat 104   advice needed sink or swim demo blue splat 104 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:49 am

£125 is a touch steep I think...but I haven't been watching for these lately. I don't know what they're going for. I think I paid $90 for a lot that had all 3 of the first pressings in it.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: advice needed sink or swim demo blue splat 104   advice needed sink or swim demo blue splat 104 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:37 am

Wow I could never contemplate paying that much for a 7" guess thats why I dont collect variants. Fair play to you guys though not a criticism or anything.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: advice needed sink or swim demo blue splat 104   advice needed sink or swim demo blue splat 104 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

advice needed sink or swim demo blue splat 104
Page 1 of 1