DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rise Against

Go down 
+25
TGAforLIFE
NeverTrustAJunkie
HorribleCrowe
908-Billy
kieran
loazis
lucasgaslight59
vamike
Templeton
Gaslight23
gp
ExitEnglish
AngryJohnnyN1930
ForgottenGhosts
JJW319
CluckyB
bradcooke
andy.mac
jward326
Prisoner
steph
kcdc
e7c
Jukebox Romeo
Ed von Schleck
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Templeton
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Templeton

Rise Against - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:26 pm

Sorry if there was already a topic about this band, but I only found one about the old album. They have a new album called 'Endgame' that will be in stores in about a week. But of course it has already leaked all over the internet.
I don't know if anyone already listened to it, but I think it's fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuVdEEpNGuw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV09aOnCsug
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:28 pm

I'm tryin real hard not to listen to the leaks (for once) but Help is On The Way & Architects are phenomenal songs and I expect nothing less from them!

Also going to the show in a few weeks with Bad Religion, legendary line-up!
Back to top Go down
Templeton
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Templeton

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:37 pm

I don't want to spoil anything, but the rest of the album is even more phenomenal! (I don't like leaks as well, but I recieved a press copy!) I'm seeing them next week in Belgium, it's on the day the album comes out!
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:41 pm

Like, I could be illiterate, unable to read reviews, and already know Endgame would be so damn good! Rollingstone only have it three (out of a very rare five) stars, but I wasn't too worried about it cuz that's what they gave American Slang Wink
I guess Rocksound Magazine said it was "bonified Awesome" so in this case, Rollingstone can eat it lol

That's sweet dude, I'm hitting up the Denver show exactly one month after the release but I'll be buying that puppy the day it comes out, already got a "listening rendezvous" planned with some peeps!
Back to top Go down
Templeton
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Templeton

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:44 pm

Awesome Very Happy!
And wow, Bad religion... that's like a devine line-up! Are there other supportbands coming?
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:50 pm

Yeah, also Four Year Strong, don't know them as well, but at this rate, I don't care if the first act is a dude with sock puppets, I will be there.

Any favs so far I should watch for?
Back to top Go down
Templeton
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Templeton

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:55 pm

You mean favs as in songs from Endgame Very Happy?
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:00 pm

I had Audience of One in my head all day. I heard the new single "Help is on the way" twice on the radio today. I come home, blast Audience of One, while coming on here, to see a thread for them!

Always have been one of my favorite bands. Each album is excellent and unique. Very excited for Endgame.

As always, refusing to listen to anything leaked...
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Yes Templeton, on Endgame!

Speaking of, here is a cover I just completed (literally, like last night) of one of my favorite Rise Against tunes, My Life Inside Your Heart, let me know what ya'll think!

http://soundcloud.com/the-well-being/my-life-inside-your-heart
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:50 am

The new album is incredible, my favourite song at the minute is 'Make It Stop (September's Children)', its a very sad and touching song, cant wait to see them on wednesday!
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:08 pm

yea, incredible boring and sucking
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:24 pm

Tuesday can't some soon enough...
Back to top Go down
lucasgaslight59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
lucasgaslight59

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:29 pm

if you listen close to architects, it sounds like he is talking to Tom from against me, listen to i was a teenage anarchist, then listen to architects, call me crazy but i really think it sounds like a stab at against me,
either way i love both bands haha
i can not wait for this new album.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=687768570
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:06 pm

lucasgaslight59 wrote:
if you listen close to architects, it sounds like he is talking to Tom from against me, listen to i was a teenage anarchist, then listen to architects, call me crazy but i really think it sounds like a stab at against me,
either way i love both bands haha
i can not wait for this new album.

it is. People were talking about this over on ap.net a while back.
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 1:59 am

Wait, really? Why is he taking a stab at em'?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:56 am

I don't think its a stab at tom...both bands use to tour together and we on the same label..so im pretty sure they are friends.
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Yeah, I don't think it's so much of a "stab" as a nudge-nudge, I think we all know some fellas who do somethin similar in their songs..

" 'At night I wake up with the sheets soakin wet,' it's a pretty good song baby you know the rest." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:57 pm

Saw them live last night in Tilburg, same venue where Gaslight performed last Fall. The sound wasn't as good as it should be and Tim's voice was somewhat poor but the gig itself was pretty great. Picked up Endgame too, great stuff.
Back to top Go down
lucasgaslight59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
lucasgaslight59

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:02 pm

new album, A+ so good
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=687768570
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:33 pm

just got back from Best Buy.

Props for some nifty work with the booklet/quote

about to spin it! brb!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Rise Against have basically become the punk's answer to Nickelback imo.
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:53 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Rise Against have basically become the punk's answer to Nickelback imo.

We all got opinions, but my opinion is there are so many things wrong with what you just said!!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:53 pm

I will always have a soft spot for Rise Against and totally understand the above opinion.

However the album is not to bad as long as you not expecting anything mind blowingly amazing from it.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:56 am

Yeah. It pretty much fits the "formulaic rock album" bill. Not doing anything new and original, but if you like the recent Rise Against sound (and honestly there is a lot to like, they have a great rock sound) its more of the same goodness.
Back to top Go down
908-Billy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
908-Billy

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:50 am

I think it's awesome. Siren Song had a lot of borderline, basically emo/.screamo sound, which I never really liked. For some reason I really hated it in high school, because people were mixing that stuff up with punk somehow, and you know labels mattered then. But anyway, I think Rise Against will always be a punk band, no matter if they fit more into a general rock sound, and they certainly are a definitive name for the punk genre today. Endgame shocked me as I read the booklet along with the songs. It is still mostly metaphorical, but there's a strong political voice lurking throughout it. I personally love the sattirical stab in "Satellite" where it goes; 'We are the orphans of the Amerikan Dream / so shine your light on me'. Simply changing the c to a K implies so much about their view of the American Dream, and I personally agree that it is much more of a lie today, or has been otherwised robbed of its own meaning and contaminated by all sorts of things. That said, the massive amounts of anger and pessimism in their lyrics and sound can be tough to shake off after listening to it for a while. That can diffuse into other parts of your daily routine and mess you up. But some people can listen to it and not feel any different. Even Rise Against themselves are mellow, down-to-earth dudes, as if they don't write dark music.

I'm just saying Gaslight has a happy tone even in their sad songs, so it's easy to digest. Only the acoustic work jabs at your negative emotions. The rest, in the end, makes you feel good and want to talk about Gaslight to everyone haha. Rise Against, for me, is amazing, but also depressing at times, which as I said can be hard to shake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against   Rise Against - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rise Against
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next