DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revival Tour 2011

Go down 
+51
Álvaro
acousticbandit
El Jefe
Labhras
Shrewsbury_Stars
riversedge
KittyKat
poormrpitiful
Ghost
IAmDisappeared
J.B.R.
joshyboytyler
\m/aria
Karaoke
40 Miler
Silver
luckyman
brucesboots
oli1980
Gaslight23
Down by the Mersey
steady now steady now
PFREEZY
kieran
Little Eden
CluckyB
oh_megan
colmillionaire
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Asleepontheforestfloor
JoshRaymond
brianisbae
Philo
thomas94
Grant Michael
JJW319
hynesie
randomhero78
MKULTRA
simo
Jay
Bea
18milesaminute
enola
plugga
vamike
Daire
ktp
fullcollapse
Holland
thecosmickid
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
hynesie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:21 am

http://moonandbackmusic.com/archives/4502

Theres the interview. considering the gap between the canada/europe dates and the fact that gaslight have announced some germany shows, Could it be possible that brians not doing the u.s leg? Has he actually confirmed it anywhere?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:23 am

I am pretty sure there will be a US Tour. I mean they had a US tour in 08 and 09.

I know HWM is gonna be recording a new album this year so maybe thats why they haven't announced a US shows yet.

also, not to be a buzzkill but from my previous two revival tour experience, every artists only has about 5-6 songs each.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:30 am

I won't know what to do with myself. Gah, I am dying to know what's going on with Chuck/Frank/Brian/TGA in the US this year. I have to figure out what I'm doing with my life this year, and this lack of information isn't helping. ha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:37 am

Im more interested in the line up, the 09 line up was very diverse where as the 08 line up was basically all former punk artists.

I mean Lucero have dates booked till fall so Ben Nichols wouldn't be there, AM! is booked so Tom Gabel won't be there, Frank has already said no to the UK tour, Tim Barry announced an Australia tour today, Austin Lucas also has his own tour.

Not sure whats the deal with Jim Ward, Joey Cape, Jon Snodgrass.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:10 am

For what it's worth, the Revival Tour's website had "US Tour: Spring 2011" and "European Tour: Fall 2011" posted on the bottom of the homepage up until a couple of weeks ago, but that has since been removed.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:16 am

Oh, and somebody posted this over on the board at Frank's website. He will apparently be doing some solo shows here in the states in April/May and returning for a tour with his band in the fall. Those solo shows would fit in with the timetable for a US Revival Tour.

Quote :
I have heard from Frank's tour manager that he will probably be over here alone for a few shows. In the Fall, he & the band will be back for a full head-lining tour!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:28 am

Now Brian had to go blog some almost-juicy details, just enough to make me pretty much fall over, but still not enough to tell us what's happening. ha! I hate it, but I love it. Maybe it's a bad sign that this is what I have to get excited about, but it's definitely what I want to be looking forward to. Hopefully the Revival Tour is one of the items he referenced tonight.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:12 pm

definitely gonna try to catch a show when they come to Germany.. any further details on the record of Chuck an Brian so far?

Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:14 pm

Hope theres some Irish dates, would love to see Brian live doing an acoustic set!
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:48 am

If Brian, Frank, Chuck, and Dave toured the US...I would literally jizz haha. That's pretty much my dream show, and more. Brian and Frank are my idols, and I love Chuck and the Loved Ones. I hope it works out...I don't know much about this, how would it work? like an acoustic tour or something?
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 2:12 pm

Yea, from what I have read and watched on youtube it is an acoustic/folk tour.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:01 pm

hes not really a country folk singer but the revival tour should get Paul Baribeau to play on it
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:14 pm

On that topic - I really don't like country music. But I absolutely love these "country folk" and "alt-country" artists and bands.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:37 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:
hes not really a country folk singer but the revival tour should get Paul Baribeau to play on it

My god that would be amazing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:40 pm

I am pretty sure Jon Gaunt and Digger Barnes will be on tour also....both of em are Badass
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:51 pm

JJW319 wrote:
On that topic - I really don't like country music. But I absolutely love these "country folk" and "alt-country" artists and bands.

I wholly agree. I cannot stand country, save for a little bit of very old stuff. I think I just have some bad memories involving my dad listening to country music while being drunk. But lately I've been really getting into the folk/country sound... older Fake Problems is just awesome (as is the new one; I love it all). I think, 10 or even 5 years ago, if Chuck was doing what he's doing now and I heard it back then, I would have hated it. I liked HWM but I would have been horrified and written him off completely. Even now, Chuck is as country as I'll get, but I'm absolutely in love with what he's doing.

I'm pretty confident that 15 year old me would endlessly mock the person I am now. Uh, just as I endlessly mock that kid in return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:59 pm

so now the website says "2011 Tour dates to come and artists to be announced"

Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:14 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
JJW319 wrote:

I wholly agree. I cannot stand country, save for a little bit of very old stuff. I think I just have some bad memories involving my dad listening to country music while being drunk. But lately I've been really getting into the folk/country sound... older Fake Problems is just awesome (as is the new one; I love it all). I think, 10 or even 5 years ago, if Chuck was doing what he's doing now and I heard it back then, I would have hated it. I liked HWM but I would have been horrified and written him off completely. Even now, Chuck is as country as I'll get, but I'm absolutely in love with what he's doing.

I'm pretty confident that 15 year old me would endlessly mock the person I am now. Uh, just as I endlessly mock that kid in return.

Agreed, country is terrible but add a little bit of punk and it works beautifully
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:17 pm

If they added the singer and chello player from Murder By Death....the Revival Tour would be the hottest thing ever.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:51 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:
JJW319 wrote:

Agreed, country is terrible but add a little bit of punk and it works beautifully

Yeah, like I hear a lap steel, and I think country/bluegrass, and dislike it to a degree. But I hear a lap steel with Frank or Chuck or Lucero (just started listening to) and I like it...
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Chuck Ragan on the Revival Tour, Brian and touring with Gaslight:
http://moonandbackmusic.com/archives/4309

"Brian Fallon, from Gaslight, and I have been working on some songs and one really cool thing, I’m really excited about, is he just confirmed to do The Revival Tour over here, in the UK and Europe, in October."

AB: I was just going to ask what your plans were for bringing The Revival Tour over here. Is there anyone else you can confirm for that yet?
CR: Not just yet *laughs*. We’re going to try to get as many people as we can involved. Right now, it’s just Brian and I. It’s still a good ways away, so we’ll see what comes together. I can, pretty much, guarantee you’re not going to be disappointed.

AB: Are you going to try and keep with the usual US lineup or are you going to try and get a lot of UK acts in as well?
CR: I would like to get a lot of local acts, because there’s so much great music over here. Livers & Lungs, Sam Russo, Helen Chambers, Jimmy Islip. I’ve got a lot of good friends over here. Frankie Stubbs from Leatherface. A lot of people who are doing acoustic stuff. There’s a lot of other acts too, that I’ve always wanted to get. It might be a stretch, but I would love to see if Billy Bragg wants anything to do with it or Laura Marling. There’s so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:38 pm

I would love it if he brought Sam Russo and Billy Bragg to America.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:34 am

Just did my almost daily checking of the website... has there always been a little music player above the "dates and artists to be announced" bit? If it's been there for a while, I am going insane. If it's new, well, then... there's a little music player above the "dates and artists to be announced" bit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:54 am

Thats been there for a bit. trust me, I check it everyday.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:57 am

How have I missed it? There is no logical reason as to why I have not noticed this. IT'S EVEN ON AUTOPLAY. I need a nap Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour 2011   Revival Tour 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revival Tour 2011
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next