DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metro Theatre, Sydney

Go down 
+2
Jaywalk
Bea
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Metro Theatre, Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Metro Theatre, Sydney   Metro Theatre, Sydney Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:06 am

no one has started a thread about this show. it was obviously an awesome one since they played Biloxi Parish!

also, just letting you know that it's going to be uploaded almost in its entirety in this channel, so just be patient: https://www.youtube.com/user/thewhiteshore
Back to top Go down
Jaywalk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jaywalk

PostSubject: Re: Metro Theatre, Sydney   Metro Theatre, Sydney Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:49 am

It was fucking incredible. I have never ever seen a 6 song encore before, and to finish with Baba O'Riley topped it off. I'm somewhere near the front of that mob of people in the videos with the biggest smile my mouth has ever produced.

Even watching them now I can't stop smiling.
Back to top Go down
celerystalksme
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Metro Theatre, Sydney   Metro Theatre, Sydney Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Thanks so much for the video's. I was at the Melbourne sidewave with Social Distortion & Feeder.

The crowd went crazy for Gaslight, i was at the front on the barrier right in front of Alex, so i couldnt see the crowd that much but the amount i was getting pushed i could tell a lot of people were getting into it.

Benny's serenade/solo sitting on the edge of the stage for Here's Looking at you Kid was awesome, the new song Biloxi Paris was amazing live, Alex's dance moves and stage presence were great. They all looked like they were having heaps of fun. Even Mike Ness was in the background nodding along, smiling and clapping, pretty much looking on as a proud parent almost. It was so great to see (the hour and a half i stood in line to make sure i was in the front row was well worth it).

Great night with Feeder being suprisingly great and tried so hard to get the crowd to really get into it, but it was always going to be hard for them being announced after the tickets had sold out, so not many of their fans were able to get tickets. It was great to finally see Social Distortion live (i stayed on the barrier for their first 10 songs before i thought i was going to pass out) and left before the encore due to having to work the next day. But all the bands combined to put on a great show, but even though i've loved Social D for longer...Gaslight Anthem really stole the show.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Metro Theatre, Sydney   Metro Theatre, Sydney Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:20 pm

i will now spend the night watching those videos ahah thanks!
Back to top Go down
Davidesamulson
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Metro Theatre, Sydney   Metro Theatre, Sydney Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:44 pm

awesome videos i really like that kind of stuff,please post some more videos.
Back to top Go down
AudreyHepburnPearls
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AudreyHepburnPearls

PostSubject: Re: Metro Theatre, Sydney   Metro Theatre, Sydney Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 6:07 am

Was a fantastic show...the banter before Here's Looking at You Kid is absolutely priceless.

"Girls will break up with you, and that's just as bad as a shark tearing you apart"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metro Theatre, Sydney   Metro Theatre, Sydney Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metro Theatre, Sydney
Page 1 of 1