DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"The Backseat" vs. "Backseats"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

"The Backseat" vs. "Backseats" Empty
PostSubject: "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats"   "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:51 pm

I've been on here for a decent amount of time, whether lurking or posting. I hopped on the Gaslight train right when The '59 Sound came out. And still, after all this time, I don't understand why some fans consistently call The Backseat "Backseats". I'm guessing maybe it was a working title or something, but it's very strange to me.

Anyone know for sure what the reason is?
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats"   "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:13 pm

Brian frequently intros it as Backseats. maybe that's why.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats"   "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:35 am

To my knowledge, it all started with a radio show, might have been KEXP from NY/Seattle. It was before the 59 Sound came out and he called it Backseats and quickly corrected himself. It's been Backseats since
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats"   "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:51 am

Notwithstanding the official title of the song, the plural of the word is used in the very first line of the song: "In the backseats of burned out cars . . . "
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats"   "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:04 am

True.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats"   "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:53 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Notwithstanding the official title of the song, the plural of the word is used in the very first line of the song: "In the backseats of burned out cars . . . "

Well, yeah, obviously. Vibes, thanks for the explanation, though. I figured it was something like that.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats"   "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 11:23 am

JohnnyC wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Well, yeah, obviously. Vibes, thanks for the explanation, though. I figured it was something like that.

You're the one who asked the question hombre.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats"   "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Huh? Yeah, I know. Also in the lyrics (and more prominently) is "And in the backseat we're just trying to find..."

Whatever, I don't understand your post so much. I had the question answered. I wasn't trying to be a dick, I just thought it was obvious that anybody posting here would know the lyrics of the songs very well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats"   "The Backseat" vs. "Backseats" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The Backseat" vs. "Backseats"
Page 1 of 1