DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fest 10

Go down 
+13
fullcollapse
Better Sense
loazis
e7c
CluckyB
kieran
JoshRaymond
simo
Mechamunky
xstevenbx
Holland
rivercities
colmillionaire
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 1:46 am

I'm debating going. I'll be living in Seattle by then though, so would have to take three days off from work to make travel a non-hassle. (Unless it doesn't actually start to later on Friday or ends earlier on Sunday). The lineup looks good but could use some Turner, Lucero or Fake Problems to move it into the "Amazing" category.

For those who have gone before... how awesome is the experience? Is it worth the potentially 400+ dollar plane tickets, the vacation days and the long travel?
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:20 am

CluckyB, im planning on making the trip from San Jose. prolly will cost me 400+ also but im sure it will all be worth it.

colmillionaire: looked at greyhound bus?
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:47 am

CluckyB wrote:
I'm debating going. I'll be living in Seattle by then though, so would have to take three days off from work to make travel a non-hassle. (Unless it doesn't actually start to later on Friday or ends earlier on Sunday). The lineup looks good but could use some Turner, Lucero or Fake Problems to move it into the "Amazing" category.

For those who have gone before... how awesome is the experience? Is it worth the potentially 400+ dollar plane tickets, the vacation days and the long travel?

Its well worth the experience. The people you meet, things you see, incredible.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:34 am

Wow I didnt know domestic flights where that expensive.

Im looking at £400 to make it from London to Tampa and then bus it or whatever.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:37 pm

Yup, checked greyhound and its actually more expensive then flying....which is pretty ridiculous. if it were megabus i could do round trip for a dollar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:40 pm

and if i can't go i already bought tickets for this fest: its gonna be sick http://www.last.fm/festival/1788658+Stay+Sweet+Fest
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:31 am

So I have been looking at flights lately....its a lot cheaper to fly to Orlando than to Gainesville. Just a heads up for people flying in like me from far places.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:48 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
So I have been looking at flights lately....its a lot cheaper to fly to Orlando than to Gainesville. Just a heads up for people flying in like me from far places.

How do you get from Gainesville to Orlando though?

on a somewhat related note -- I've nevered fested before but the internet seems to imply the best experience is from staying in one of the hotels. I don't know anyone into this kind of music enough to talk them into going though. Anyone else in the same boat of ignoring internet common sense and finding random strangers to share a hotel room with? Razz
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:34 pm

CluckyB wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

How do you get from Gainesville to Orlando though?

on a somewhat related note -- I've nevered fested before but the internet seems to imply the best experience is from staying in one of the hotels. I don't know anyone into this kind of music enough to talk them into going though. Anyone else in the same boat of ignoring internet common sense and finding random strangers to share a hotel room with? Razz

I have done this a few times with the All Tomorrows Parties festivals here in the UK. You cant buy seperate tickets so have to buy a chalet of a certain size so two people chalet up to 7. However not knowing anyone who likes the kinda bands ATP puts on I always buy a spare place of someone and have had the best time. Met some awesome people and it has always been the best festival I have been to so I would say go for it and get yourself to fest.
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:40 pm

Im planning on taking a greyhound bus to Gainesville from Orlando. Im okay with taking a 2hr bus trip if it saves me 100 bucks on the plane ticket.

I also have never fested before and im most likely going alone and meeting with people there. So yeah im down to share a hotel room.

Kieran you flying over from England?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Quote :
I have done this a few times with the All Tomorrows Parties festivals here in the UK. You cant buy seperate tickets so have to buy a chalet of a certain size so two people chalet up to 7. However not knowing anyone who likes the kinda bands ATP puts on I always buy a spare place of someone and have had the best time. Met some awesome people and it has always been the best festival I have been to so I would say go for it and get yourself to fest.

Yeah. I know I'm going. Would love to see Frank Turner, Lucero and Fake Problems all added but there are already more bands playing that I want to see than I'll probably be able to see. From what I've heard it sounds like the kind of experience I should at least try once and I doubt the lineup will ever get any better than this year. I figure unless we can get four people here willing to get a room at the holiday inn I'll probably just look around various message boards until I find a spot somewhere. Shouldn't be too hard. =)
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Wow, this is the most impressive festival line up I have ever seen!
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:07 pm

e7c wrote:
Wow, this is the most impressive festival line up I have ever seen!

thinking about going scotty?
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:10 pm

I am... I certainly am. If I go, I will be driving down, so I will be able to pick up some people if they live off of I-95 south of North Carolina
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Hell yeah! Can't wait to see some of y'all.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:43 am

So according to internet rumor there is an advert floating around somewhere stating Fake Problems and Banquets are both gonna be there as well. (As well as youth Brigade, Lemuria, Mikey Erg, RVIVR, Polar Bear Club, King Friday, Savage Brutality, Soviettes, mockingbirdswishmeluck, Good Luck, Fake Problems, Leagues Apart, Banquets, Upright Citizens Brigade Touring Company , After The Fall, Army of Ponch)

Seriously. It was an amazingly solid lineup before hand. The addition of Fake Problems makes it even solider.

*still waiting for Turner to be the cherry on the icing on the cake*
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:52 am

CluckyB wrote:
So according to internet rumor there is an advert floating around somewhere stating Fake Problems and Banquets are both gonna be there as well. (As well as youth Brigade, Lemuria, Mikey Erg, RVIVR, Polar Bear Club, King Friday, Savage Brutality, Soviettes, mockingbirdswishmeluck, Good Luck, Fake Problems, Leagues Apart, Banquets, Upright Citizens Brigade Touring Company , After The Fall, Army of Ponch)

Seriously. It was an amazingly solid lineup before hand. The addition of Fake Problems makes it even solider.

*still waiting for Turner to be the cherry on the icing on the cake*

Fake problems are playing for sure. Sean their drummer told me himself on Friday when I saw em...i am gonna see Frank Turner next week, if I get the chance I will ask him. I know he is doing a US headline tour in the fall so hopefully it will be around the time of the fest.

I also got my ticket, flying in solo from San Jose, CA
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:57 am

Awesome. Now all I have to do is hope that like, Fake Problems and the Bouncing Souls aren't playing in separate venues on the same day. =)

*should probably buy plane tickets soon* Waiting for a little more money to come in first.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:43 am

*fingers crossed for Latterman reunion*

Bands apparently didn't make the cut this year. A band who I won't name that are on Paper + Plastick were turned away for some reason, and they are awesome. Gotta buy my plane tickets and get the ball rolling.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Really? Cause it seems like all of Paper and Plastick's lineup is playing fest =D (Actually just did the path and its only like a third, but thats still 16 bands from a single label) Then again, P+P is probably the most orgcore label and The Fest is certainly the most orgcore festival so I guess it isn't too surprising.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Sick lineup, seriously awesome.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 4:54 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
*fingers crossed for Latterman reunion*

Bands apparently didn't make the cut this year. A band who I won't name that are on Paper + Plastick were turned away for some reason, and they are awesome. Gotta buy my plane tickets and get the ball rolling.

Do tell

And yes for the latterman reunion, that will make me cry
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Also if anyone is coming down from Chicago and want to carpool let me know
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:20 pm

heard it over the weekend at stay sweet fest. then again even if they were cut from the overall lineup they could still play a bunch of house shows.
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 6:17 pm

Fest 10 - Page 2 20902710150582257370437

more bands announced
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fest 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fest 10
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next