DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs

Go down 
+3
JJW319
joe
Silver
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs Empty
PostSubject: Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs   Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:05 pm

The point is that I've tried to learn "Blue jeans & white t-shirts" but it sounds pretty awful. I've tried to learn with the tabs I've found here but I don't know about the correct strumming and so on. Also confused by the bundle of cover versions on youtube 'cause everyone is using different chords.

So I would really appreciate it, if someone here on the forum could do a short tutorial for this song. I love you
Back to top Go down
joe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs   Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:48 pm

agreed. I'm trying to learn the guitar too and it would be greatly appreciated if someone could upload a tutorial video.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs   Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:17 am

i love coming across songs like this where the guitar parts are never for certain and no one seems to do it the same way
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs   Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:13 am

I could try making a video for it. I don't guarantee I play it 100% correct but I think it sounds pretty darn close.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs   Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Simo, my hero! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs   Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:18 am

Youtube was screwing up, but here it is. I'm not sure how helpful it is, but hopefully at least a little bit. I apologize for the rambling...I've never made one of these before.

http://vimeo.com/19465423
Back to top Go down
joe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs   Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:33 pm

thanks simo. Smile I'm a complete beginner when it comes to guitar but I seem to have all the chords down, just a matter of getting the strumming pattern down.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs   Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:35 am

Thank you so much for the video, simo. For me it was very helpful 'cause I played it in wrong chords.
The finger picking version also sounds cool but I love to play the song in the original strumming.
I def. will play my fingers to the bone in the next days. : )
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs   Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:06 am

Glad I could help you Smile
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs   Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 5:04 pm

I thought i'd at least attempt at starting this thread back up because i'm new to guitar and would love to know some Gaslight songs. Does anyone have any videos or anything doing tutorials, strumming patters, chords etc

Preferably for Boxer or Great Expectations and i dont even know why those two Question
Back to top Go down
Andy_
A Contender
A Contender
Andy_

PostSubject: Re: Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs   Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 5:22 pm

I dont have any videos but I find watching acoustics is good.

Also a good pair of headphones help Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/@DrewsBatches
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs   Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:42 pm

Watching videos is a good method.

For acoustic, I learned the strum pattern for Great Expectations from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMZ-jdPGPBc

And then from the revival tour show that is no longer on youtube, I got that the chords are primarily C and Am. Although I'm not positive if that changes later in the song, I'm still working on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs   Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitar tutorials for gaslight songs
Page 1 of 1