DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

European Tour dates 2011

Go down 
+38
tomttt
irrefutable
Silver
Tailschao
UK Ellie
loazis
A lazy old tomcat
Daire
Grant Michael
stuy101
shuffle
joshyboytyler
oh_megan
BuddyHolly
ThisMachineKillsFascists
thecosmickid
Sinngh
plugga
luckyman
brucesboots
The Boxer
kieran
ktp
Luca Chinaski
Little Eden
steady now steady now
oli1980
chickenman
theratman
Gaslight23
Down by the Mersey
theBasemen
ilockyer
mingus
Philo
StopAndSlideToTheRight
enola
Bea
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:07 am

ktp wrote:
Little Eden wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
Little Eden wrote:
I'm studying abroad at Cambridge this summer and have never been "across the pond" before

Which venue would be closest to Cambridge? I'm definitely willing to fly/take a bus/hitch hike to get there lol

Oh yes! I live just north of Cambridge, so if you want someone to show you round, get in touch. Very Happy

I usually go see TGA in London, but they have played Norwich, which is near here, and Nottingham, which is not so close. Nor sure why they haven't played Cambridge. Horrible Crowes wise, Ian is Cambridge based, so I'd like to see a home gig.

Soo excited to go to London! I plan on being an obvious tourist and take pictures of everything and fall into tourist traps and it'll be grand.

I've been watching the UK version of Skins in preparation Very Happy

haha if you watch skins & still want to come to the uk then that's a bonus! Razz you'll love london, this is the best place i've ever lived, and cambridge is dead close! you'll love cambridge too!

Haha this is true Skins is terrible in itself an even worse portray of Brit teen life its really over dramatised or maybe I just had a shit boring time as a teenager who knows.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:41 pm

kieran wrote:
Haha this is true Skins is terrible in itself an even worse portray of Brit teen life its really over dramatised or maybe I just had a shit boring time as a teenager who knows.

Haha good to know lol
That's a comforting thought to a certain extent
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:02 pm

kieran wrote:

haha love it! same here! i must have been one hell or a nerd while everyone else was out doing everything the skins kids do!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 5:52 pm

new date - taken from TGA facebook:

15th June Voxhall, Aarhaus (Denmark)
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=188291621211429
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:46 pm

updated =)
Back to top Go down
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Little Eden wrote:
I'm studying abroad at Cambridge this summer and have never been "across the pond" before

Which venue would be closest to Cambridge? I'm definitely willing to fly/take a bus/hitch hike to get there lol

I'm moving to Cambridge in August! How long are you there till?

Yeah, TGA played Norwich 2 years back with Frank Turner. Missed them, I hadn't discovered them yet! I was gutted when I found out. They won't be back here, too big now

EDIT: Alexander, how far north of Cambridge btw? Would be good for a travelling buddy to any future TGA UK shows
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:28 am

Hamburg sold out yesterday!

Just to let everybody know! Whoever has a spare ticket and doesn't need it anymore: I have a friend who is looking for one!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:40 pm

More tour info:

Dresden is moved to June 28
https://www.facebook.com/pages/THE-GASLIGHT-ANTHEM/384408923304

Hamburg gets an additional date on June 6th (+ June 7th)
tickets: http://www.eventim.de/the-gaslight-anthem-tickets.html?affiliate=EVE&doc=artistPages/tickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&erid=521127

Bea .... thanks for updating
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:44 pm

And another additional date announced today:
June 29th, Capitol / Hannover (Germany)
http://www.fkpscorpio.com/kuenstler.asp?nummer=167018
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 6:57 am

with what now amounts to a proper German Tour, there will have to be a UK Tour ... surely
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 7:23 am

nova rock would be great for their austrian fans, still the whole line up this year is not really appealing to me...

Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:00 am

just booked Hamburg 6/6 couldnt wait any longer.
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:18 am

with what now amounts to a proper German Tour, there will have to be a UK Tour ... surely

And a scandinavian tour please. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:36 pm

Does anybody know what the venue capacity is for both the Dresden and Hanover venues?
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:44 pm

What site have people from the uk used to buy tickets for the Dresden and Hannover shows?
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 2:42 am

eventim.de
one warning lo, the cost of having tix sent to your home is very expensive they use DHL , Hamburg you can print your tix off yourself.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 3:45 am

Grazer wrote:
nova rock would be great for their austrian fans, still the whole line up this year is not really appealing to me...

I'm so glad I've decided to go to Hamburg ... so now i'm not dependant of any festival appearance of TGA in Austria. First I really don't like festivals and second the line up for both Novarock and Frequency is not particulary exciting.
But there were clear rumours that they will be playing Novarock but I can't see that fitting in their schedule very well any longer. Maybe they do FQ but that would mean they have to prolong their European tour substantially .... so maybe after the UK and Scandinavian leg Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:19 am

brucesboots wrote:
eventim.de
one warning lo, the cost of having tix sent to your home is very expensive they use DHL , Hamburg you can print your tix off yourself.

Thanks, yeah the postage is expensive, but worth it Smile i wanted to go to the hamburg shows but i can't as i have an exam on the 8th June!
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:26 am

Gaslight23 wrote:
brucesboots wrote:
eventim.de

Thanks, yeah the postage is expensive, but worth it Smile i wanted to go to the hamburg shows but i can't as i have an exam on the 8th June!

Hamburg 6th, you would be able to do, fly from Stansted on the Sat, gig on the Monday, first flight home on the Tuesday 7th back in UK in plenty of time for you exams, do your revision on the journey .there you go Sorted.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:36 am

I am starting to get annoyed that these European Tour dates are announed in this piecemeal fashion. Why not announce it once you have it all sorted, so that people can make an informed choice about where and when to go. We can't all afford to jet here, there and everywhere. scratch
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 8:03 am

Got me thinking about a trip to Hamburg now. But as Steady now says it would be nice to see the full tour list before splashing out the cash to go to Germany especially if there are going to be lots of UK dates.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 8:24 am

Does anyone know if there are any age restrictions for the Hamburg show.
Had a look on eventim cant see anything,i will have to take my 14yold daughter if i go.

Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 8:42 am

I am starting to get annoyed that these European Tour dates are announed in this piecemeal fashion. Why not announce it once you have it all sorted, so that people can make an informed choice about where and when to go. We can't all afford to jet here, there and everywhere. scratch

yep , I fully agree, seems very odd that this tour is coming out in dribs and drabs, I think if there will be any UK shows lo, there wont be many.
Maybe just a couple between the festivals. My son will be at download, he is going to try and score me a cheap day ticket for the Sunday, if he dont get one for me it wont be the end of the world.I decided on Hamburg because i can make a nice long weekend of it, been there before and its a nice city , me and the wife and a couple of our Irish friends are meeting up for four days , Gaslight being the special nights entertainment, by making it into a small holiday it makes the trip worth while.
Feeling more excitted and more relaxed now that I have at least one show booked up for this year.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 4:42 pm

I don't think they do this on purpose. It somehow looks to me that they decided to play some festival (which I guess are not already announced fully by the organisers) and once they are already over here, they thought it's a good idea to play some clbb gigs in between. Does that make sense to anyone?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:36 am

enola wrote:

I don't think they do this on purpose. It somehow looks to me that they decided to play some festival (which I guess are not already announced fully by the organisers) and once they are already over here, they thought it's a good idea to play some clbb gigs in between. Does that make sense to anyone?

No, makes no sense. Why no UK festivals with UK club gigs in between?

I wonder if the UK tour hold up revolves around something special.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European Tour dates 2011   European Tour dates 2011 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

European Tour dates 2011
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next