DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Record Players

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GraveRobbers
A Contender
A Contender

Record Players Empty
PostSubject: Record Players   Record Players Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:51 pm

I was looking into getting a record player, for when I get my collection going. I can't find any. Does anyone know what kind should I buy and how much I should pay. I'm not looking into spending an arm and a leg.

If there was one with speakers already built in that would be a major plus.
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

Record Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Players   Record Players Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:58 am

My number one suggestion is that if you want a good turntable, do not get an all in one that has speakers built into it. Generally, those things just tend to sound like crap and they aren't really versatile in the sound quality category. You'll want to get a turntable, an amp for that turntable, and two speakers for decent quality. When it comes to brands, I'm not quite sure yet, but I can relay that back to you when I take a look at the equipment I've owned before. My dad owns a massive load of audio equipment in his record shop, so he could give me some good advice as well.

When looking for a turntable, you can go to pawn shops and thrift stores - even GoodWill would have some decent ones, you just have to look in the right places. Online you can probably find some good quality stuff off of Amazon or EBay.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

Record Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Players   Record Players Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:06 pm

if you can raise a few pennys search for a good 2nd hand Kenwood system , they have fantastic sound, might be worth lookin on ebay.
I recently dragged my old Kenwood down out of the loft just for my vinyl, which following Gaslight has kicked my vinyls collection going again, had forgot how good they sound, pain in the ass turning them over lo .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Record Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Players   Record Players Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record Players
Page 1 of 1