DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey from soton

Go down 
+2
azlisa
Ens
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ens
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:09 am

Hi,

Figured I would say hi as I've read so many of the posts on this forum already lol must be weird having random people you don't know reading what you put. So, yeh, hi everyone!

En
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:42 am

hello! welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 8:10 am

Wow, this explains, I already had the idea I was being watched...

Wink

Welcome to the club, feel free to post some more info!
Back to top Go down
Ens
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:09 am

oo cool people replied! lol usually everyone ignores the introduce yourself section. That's a really cool picture btw Azlisa! Black and white shots always look real good

And I'm not watching you Loazis... although your hair does look nice today... Wink
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:48 am

Ens wrote:
oo cool people replied! lol usually everyone ignores the introduce yourself section. That's a really cool picture btw Azlisa! Black and white shots always look real good

And I'm not watching you Loazis... although your hair does look nice today... Wink
Haha, funny that you say that, I went to the barber a few days ago and I think I look ridiculous at the moment =D
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:03 am

Hey En! Another reply, how bizarre Wink But like Loazis says, feel free to introduce yourself a bit more! Who are your other favorite artists and how did you discover the Gaslight Anthem for example?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
Ens
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Heya!

Erm I didn't discover the Gaslight Anthem in a cool way or anything lol I basically bought a ticket for Reading Festival and they were one of the bands that I had heard my friends talking about, so I youtubed them and got addicted, and now I seem to know way more about them than any of my friends lol that's true obsession for you! how about you?

I have a random taste in music and I've also only just got in to making sure I have the whole album of an artist, usually I would just get a song I like here and there. I like Rise Against, Frank Turner, Weezer, Brand New and other bands, but I don't have all their songs (unlike Gaslight Anthem who I think I've listened to nearly everything I can lol), so don't ask me to name a fav album or anything! Who are you in to? I really want to find some new bands to get in to, but I don't know where to start lol

And sorry if I hit a nerve there Loazis! My stalker instincts say your hair can't be that bad lol
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:19 pm

I read a review about American Slang on the internet, so I started to google. I came at their Myspace and heard Boxer and American Slang (both new songs at that time). The next week it was my birthday and got the album as a present, I got addicted (as well as my father, a massive Bruce Springsteen fan, my brother, a poet, and my mom). So it became the new family-addiction after a life full of Bruce Springsteen. I became fan the most and went to my first Gaslight Anthem show about a month ago. I got on stage with them, singing and playing the harmonica, here's the story: https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/tour-f3/tilburg-t2686.htm

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 2:51 pm

welcome to the boards! Very Happy

have you heard the new Frank Turner EP?

theBasemen wrote:
(as well as my father, a massive Bruce Springsteen fan, my brother, a poet, and my mom).
i'm sorry but this made me laugh jocolor i pictured you standing next to your parents and your brother, and then some random guy right next to you writing some poetry Razz (i understand what you're saying though, i'm just in a 'laughing-at-everything mood' right now)
Back to top Go down
Ens
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 3:17 pm

lol is he a full time poet? I do English and they pretty much warned us that there's no way you can make it as a full time one lol maybe it was just us though.

I haven't heard the new EP, where did you hear/ find it?

I'm currently trying to get my parents into Gaslight Anthem, seeing as both parents love Bruce Springsteen and then my dad is the biggest The Clash fan I've ever met (although I saw one of the guitarists at the Notting Hill carnival last yr and he didn't haha)
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 4:39 pm

Ens wrote:
I haven't heard the new EP, where did you hear/ find it?
i bought it Wink some great songs in there, not a waste of money for sure
Back to top Go down

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:28 pm

new Frank Turner EP is Ace
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Ens wrote:
lol is he a full time poet? I do English and they pretty much warned us that there's no way you can make it as a full time one lol maybe it was just us though.

He is a student, but he writes poetry all the time. I think he has published three bundles by now. He writes in Dutch, so maybe there's a difference between English and Dutch, according to the possibilities of a full time job. Right now he's in a national poetry competition, if he wins, he's lucky!
Back to top Go down
GraveRobbers
A Contender
A Contender

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 8:20 pm

Hey there, glad to see you around here. I am fairly new myself and not that active. Anyways enjoy your time here, live free and stay lucky
Back to top Go down
Ens
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:47 pm

Heya!

Hmm think I will have to invest in the new Frank Turner EP then lol or add it to the xmas pressie list Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey from soton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from soton   Hey from soton Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey from soton
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: