DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

love from PA

Go down 
+2
JoshRaymond
chelseashells
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chelseashells
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
chelseashells

love from PA Empty
PostSubject: love from PA   love from PA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:55 pm

i'm chelsea, i'm from pennsylvania, i'm 3/4 of the way through high school, i sustain off of a purely vegan diet, i am a literature and music dork, i like making stuff (food, clothes, jewelry, duct tape creations.), i don't match any of my clothes, i brush my teeth a lot, and i like alphabetizing things and stealing flowers from other peoples' gardens. that was a long sentence. i'm a pretty big dork.

i'm a newly converted fan of TGA. my friend showed me some of their stuff this past summer, and i fell in love. seriously. from the first song, i knew this was some special stuff :d though i'm new in terms of time, i can make up for in love. because really, this band deserves it. lovelovelove.

i cry every time i hear the navesink banks. and i never cry for anything else. i'm not even kidding. the last time i cried before i heard that song was july 2007 when dobby died in the last harry potter book.

Like a Star @ heaven

anyway. hey, guys.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

love from PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: love from PA   love from PA Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:36 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

love from PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: love from PA   love from PA Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:50 am

You make things? That is pretty cool... have you ever seen the website www.instructables.com there are instructions for making some really awesome things there.

You sound pretty artistic... you should design a TGA forum t-shirt... there is another thread somewhere about that... I am sure you can do better than the winning design right now
Back to top Go down
chelseashells
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
chelseashells

love from PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: love from PA   love from PA Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 4:14 pm

thank you

and e6c, that looks like a pretty sweet website. ill definitely check out that thread.
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

love from PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: love from PA   love from PA Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 4:19 pm

I am also vegan and like making stuff, and I cried when Dobby died too*. Are you sure we're not twins?

I joke. What do you like reading? I'm super-nosy about books.

*However I am a total wuss so it's not that significant

Last edited by billy pilgrim on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

love from PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: love from PA   love from PA Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 4:19 pm

be sure to also look at the FAN ART thread in THE BAND area... I drew a pretty sweet drawing... I got skillz... mad skillz.
Back to top Go down
chelseashells
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
chelseashells

love from PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: love from PA   love from PA Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 9:21 pm

billy pilgrim, we would totally get along. i can tell you're a book dork because of your username :3 slaughterhouse-five is one of my faaaaaaaavorite books and i saw you in other threads and wanted to inform you of this :3 i love any kind of books. well ok, i lied, not any kind, but a lot D: my favorite authors are chuck palahniuk, augusten burroughs, haruki murakami and anne rice Very Happy. and my favorite books are: harry potter, a clockwork orange, lolita, naked lunch, the halloween tree, the outsiders <3, 1984, charlie and the chocolate factory, alice in wonderland, and not twilight. ick. :p what do you read? i love books. i can talk for hourssss.

Quote :
be sure to also look at the FAN ART thread in THE BAND area... I drew a pretty sweet drawing... I got skillz... mad skillz.

mad skillz you say? xD sweeeeeeet.

i don't know what made me think of this, probably my "making things" remark but i remember one time i read on the internet how to make a bowl out of an old record. so if you have any vinyl you're willing to part with, turn the oven up to about 300 degrees, and stick your record in over an oven safe bowl...it'll melt downwards (hey, gravity!) and then when you take it out after like three or four minutes and it gets all cool you can flip it right side up and it's a bowl ;0 i think this is the coolest idea ever D: i made my own and i plan to give them to my friends for christmas. my mom loved it so much, she wants to make, like, a wall mural out of them D: i use mine for pens and pencils and other random things. it's so cute. eee. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

love from PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: love from PA   love from PA Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 9:39 pm

Dude I love Augusten Burroughs. Well I've only read two books but I liked both of them very much. And Chuck Palahniuk and Anne Rice are great too. I really like Vonnegut (obviously) and Tom Robbins. I just read this one book called The True Story of Hansel and Gretel that's a retelling of the fairy tale and takes place in World War II that was incredibly good. Other than that I've been kept busy with reading for my Fiction class, it's roughly a novel a week, which is an okay pace but doesn't leave me much time to read anything else. The book we're doing now is On Beauty by Zadie Smith, which is really good. But I have a list of books I want to get from the library/used book store that I carry around in my wallet...which is totally not dorky, at all.

And this might be slightly embarrassing but, I read almost all of the Series of Unfortunate Events books. They are actually...really really clever. I also liked His Dark Materials, Harry Potter, LOTR, Abarat, and assorted other fantasy literature.

/enormous essay.
Back to top Go down
chelseashells
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
chelseashells

love from PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: love from PA   love from PA Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:34 pm

i've never read any tom robbins but i hear he's good. also, ive meant to read white teeth by zadie smith foreeeever. i have not read anything in awhile...i fail. but hey, i carry a list around too...that's awesome :3

and hahahaha lemony snicket...i've read most of those. i believe i read up to 10. i was trying in the worst way to finish them, but i never did. haha. harry potter might just be my favorite thing in the whole world. and i read half of LOTR...i should get points for that ;]

btw, congrats on winning~~~~! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

love from PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: love from PA   love from PA Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:39 pm

i don't read a lot anymore, but my faves are Catch 22, 1984, I Am Legend, The Fall, The Stranger, Catcher In the Rye, and Animal Farm. i've been meaning to read some more Joseph Heller and Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, which people on this board have recommended.
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

love from PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: love from PA   love from PA Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:07 am

Welcome welcome and you sound like a super cool person. I respect vegans a lot, you guys are like super-vegetarians. Do you have a favorite recipe you can share with me? I love trying new foods. Something fairly simply but tasty!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

love from PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: love from PA   love from PA Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:23 am

chelseashells wrote:
btw, congrats on winning~~~~! Very Happy
Thanks! I'm super-psyched.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

love from PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: love from PA   love from PA Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:35 am

one of my nerd blogs had this article and I thought you and Billy P would find it interesting, it is titled "8 Meatless dishes for Meat-n-taters lovers":

http://www.wisebread.com/8-meatless-dishes-for-meat-n-taters-lovers
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

love from PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: love from PA   love from PA Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:08 pm

Whee, thanks.
I am a bad vegan, I've never had black bean soup and I've only eaten black beans once. They were good, I just have trouble breaking out of my culinary comfort zone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

love from PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: love from PA   love from PA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

love from PA
Page 1 of 1