DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blacklist Royals

Go down 
+18
The Angry Johnny Revue
Prisoner
kieran
e7c
40 Miler
DaveSavedTheDay
peachfuzz
Silver
Topher
CluckyB
thecosmickid
Midnight Rambler
Ghost To Coast
amberfoyd
GraveRobbers
Rock bus
loazis
JoshRaymond
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:09 am

WOW! There rad! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 3:27 pm

Np.
But due to the fact that my cam can't record the sound while zooming I've fucked up with some songs like Church Bells or Drive On. Razz
Also looking forward to that split. Can't wait to hear the studio version of "Golden Hands"! (:
Back to top Go down
peachfuzz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Played a couple of shows with these fellows this week and I have to say that, aside from being a brilliant live band, they also happen to be some of the best folks we've had the pleasure of sharing a bill with. Last night in Cardiff the local opening band had some guitar problems mid-set and one of the guys from BR just walked up to the front of the stage and handed over his own guitar as a replacement. Says it all really....
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Wow... these guys are awesome! Where can I buy their vinyl?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:10 pm

http://store.paperandplastick.com/products/5046
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 5:45 am

I didnt dig them to much on record its but saw them play last night in Exeter with Dead to Me and they where so good sounded a lot better live. Cant really explain it but consider me a convert. They occupy a nice place somewhere between the Hold Steady, Loved Ones and Gaslight Anthem in my humble one.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:42 pm

Thanks Clucky! I just ordered the dark blue splatter version!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:13 am

kieran wrote:
They occupy a nice place somewhere between the Hold Steady, Loved Ones and Gaslight Anthem in my humble one.

Yeah. That seems like a fairly apt description. Like, I feel like them, Gaslight, The Hold Steady, and Lucero all start with a very similar Springsteen-esq core and then they all just mold it and make it their own. Lucero adds the country vibe, The Hold Steady adds the preacher feeling, Gaslight throws in so many other influences and just makes something really unique, while The Blacklist Royals are really the "Punk Rock Springsteen" everyone claims Gaslight is.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:47 am

CluckyB wrote:
kieran wrote:
They occupy a nice place somewhere between the Hold Steady, Loved Ones and Gaslight Anthem in my humble one.

Yeah. That seems like a fairly apt description. Like, I feel like them, Gaslight, The Hold Steady, and Lucero all start with a very similar Springsteen-esq core and then they all just mold it and make it their own. Lucero adds the country vibe, The Hold Steady adds the preacher feeling, Gaslight throws in so many other influences and just makes something really unique, while The Blacklist Royals are really the "Punk Rock Springsteen" everyone claims Gaslight is.

There is also a major streetpunk influence going on like early Clash/Rancid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 4:37 pm

I just hope his vocals get cleaned up for their next release.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:39 am

Nat recently mentioned in a german interview that they now have 4 new songs. One song will be released on the warp-tour-compilation and one other on the split 7'' this summer. With the other 2 songs they still don't know what to do with it.
The warp-tour-compilation will be also available for europe but he's not sure about the split 7'', it could be "warp-tour-exclusive". Perhaps it will be available at online stores. And it will be a paper&plastic pressing.

Whole interview can be read here: http://musikinstinkt.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1595&Itemid=6
Great stuff. Good to read they enjoyed their touring through europe (and especially germany). [:
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:41 pm

The closest i've come to TGA's sound. Good reccomendation although I feel like a junkie not getting all ofhis fix with these guys.
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:16 pm

I ordered "Semper Liberi" on vinyl over 3 weeks ago......I'm sure it will take another 3 or more weeks to arrive though, as Paper+Plastick has to be the slowest/worst record label ever when it comes to shipping.....FRUSTRATING!!!

As for the band's sound, I like what I've heard. I've listened to the entire album once, but it was only on my computer which is not the best listening environment. I didn't really hear a whole lot of TGA like I hear everyone saying though. Personally, they remind me of Far From Finished (excluding FFF's new album "Forgettable").....I think it's the similarity in vocals especially. I also hear a bit of Rancid and I guess The Hold Steady due to the piano. Either way, I'm pretty exicted to get the vinyl and interested to watch this band progress.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Quote :
I ordered "Semper Liberi" on vinyl over 3 weeks ago......I'm sure it will take another 3 or more weeks to arrive though, as Paper+Plastick has to be the slowest/worst record label ever when it comes to shipping.....FRUSTRATING!!!

I've been waiting two months for me. They apparently had some vinyl pressing delays. That were supposed to be fixed like three weeks ago so I donno whats up. I'm probably going to send them another email being like "hey this is totally not ok"
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:43 pm

Whoa, how have I never heard of these guys before? totally diggin.

Awesome awesome band name too
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:39 pm

I like this album. Wasn't sure the first time through but I'm getting more into it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:18 pm

New Song

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/exclusive_stream_download_blacklist_royals_golden_hands/
Back to top Go down
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:16 am

Quote :
New Song

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/exclusive_stream_download_blacklist_royals_golden_hands/

Holy shit!!! Shocked Sounds so cool. The acoustic version of this song is already awesome but this version really kicks ass. It was a good decision to record the song with the full band.
So I'm even more stoked for a new album.

Thank you for sharing the link. (:

They also released another new (and pretty sweet) song called "Riverside" on the vans warped tour compilation 2011.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 1:55 am

Anyone else get the Dark Blue Splatter of there album from P+P? Possibly the sexiest looking piece of vinyl ever created. Full of dark blues, reds and purples. If anyone wants a picture try google and if its not there ask me and I'll take one =P
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 5:51 pm

These guys have a new album coming out June 10, produced by Ted Hutt who did 59 Sound and Am. Slang. So far it sounds awesome. New song:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2014/05/07/song-premiere-blacklist-royals-die-young-with-me/8668563/

Definitely something any Gaslight fan NEEDS to check out
Back to top Go down
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi guys, can confirm that the new album is absolutely awesome, sure any gaslight anthem fans will love it.
Check out my review here:
http://thesoulofaclown.com/2014/07/06/blacklist-royals-die-young-with-me-album-review/

Would be cool if you can follow my site as well
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blacklist Royals   Blacklist Royals - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blacklist Royals
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2