DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey from Stockholm

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Marre
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hey from Stockholm Empty
PostSubject: Hey from Stockholm   Hey from Stockholm Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 3:13 pm

Hey everyone Smile I'm Marre, a 19 year old guy living in a suburb outside of Stockholm, Sweden. My real name is Martin but everyone I know, including my parents even, calls me Marre so that's what I prefer hehe. Been a big Gaslight fan since a friend of me sent me Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts about a year ago. I just connected to that song so much and Brians voice got me hooked. My fav song atm is probably She Loves You. Such a great b-side.

Other artists I really been loving lately are The National (very obsessed with them, seeing them here in Stockholm in March!), Elliott Smith, John Frusciante, Bon Iver, The Shins, to name a few.

I've been playing guitar for about 2 years now, I do some covers and original songs. Mostly instrumentals but I have one with lyrics also. I'm not the best vocalist but oh well, I do it for fun. Here is a link to my youtube page.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MarreFrusciante

Hope to meet some cool people on here, it seems likes a great forum Smile
Back to top Go down

Hey from Stockholm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Stockholm   Hey from Stockholm Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 3:29 pm

say what a John Frusciante fan! thats awesome!
Whats your favorite Frusciante album?

oh and welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
Marre
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hey from Stockholm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Stockholm   Hey from Stockholm Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 3:35 pm

Very Happy The Chili Peppers has been my the band of my childhood and John made me want to pick up the guitar. Have gotten really tired of them though and I'm not that excited for their new album now when John left but oh well. Choosing just one album is impossible for me..My top 3 atm would be; To Record Only Water For Ten Days, Shadows Collide With People and The Empyrean. The unique vibe and rawness of Niandra is also wonderful.

3 masterpieces..Can't wait to see what he does next!
Back to top Go down

Hey from Stockholm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Stockholm   Hey from Stockholm Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 3:45 pm

I was bummed also that John left the band again but I am glad they got Josh to replace him since both of their styles are very very similar.

Have you listened to Inside of Emptiness? Josh's drumming on that album is insane.
Back to top Go down
Marre
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hey from Stockholm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Stockholm   Hey from Stockholm Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 3:51 pm

I'm pretty sure I've heard everything he's ever released haha so yeah. Great album, some really good songs on it. I'm Around and Scratches are my favs I think.

And yeah I agree about Josh. It was the best possible solution. Maybe this can be a sort of restart for the band, even if I'm not excited for it now, it's gonna be really interesting to hear their new sound. Apparantly, according to Chad, Afro-pop is a style they've been influenced by. Also some piano and synthesizer he said, but still with a RHCP feel to the songs. Sounds cool to me hehe.
Back to top Go down
anarkistbavern
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hey from Stockholm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Stockholm   Hey from Stockholm Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 5:56 pm

Welcome! I'm not really posting here that much, but it's a nice place, and I just had to say hello since you're from Stockholm~

Så... Hej! Kul med lite fler svenskar här! Antar att du ska till Debaser imorgon?
Back to top Go down
Marre
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hey from Stockholm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Stockholm   Hey from Stockholm Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 6:35 pm

Hej hej Smile

Kommer tyvärr missa det då jag jobbar kvällar sön-tors Sad

Ska du gå eller bor du långt ifrån?
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

Hey from Stockholm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Stockholm   Hey from Stockholm Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:05 pm

Tja, varifrån i Stockholm kommer du?
Kul med fler svenskar!!

I hope you others don't mind the Swedish!
Back to top Go down
Marre
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hey from Stockholm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Stockholm   Hey from Stockholm Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:47 pm

Kul att se några svenskar här Smile

Jag bor i Tyresö, typ 2 mil utanför. Bor i villa, 200 meter från en frilufts/bondgård. Skön kontrast mot stan. Härlig mix. Bra blandning.

Du bor i London? Var där över nyår senast. Stökigt, på många plan. Aldrig sett mer folk på samma plats förut. Ganska galet.
Back to top Go down
anarkistbavern
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hey from Stockholm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Stockholm   Hey from Stockholm Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 4:55 am

Nej, jag ska inte gå. Bor i London precis som theComickid (Vi är syskon) Funderade på att dra över och hälsa på kompisar i samma veva som de spelar, men sedan skulle alla hit i samband med ett event i London, så då var det ingen större poäng. Wink Typiskt att jobba kväll! Jag hade blivit galen...
Hoppas du trivs här i alla fall~
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Hey from Stockholm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Stockholm   Hey from Stockholm Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 5:43 am

thecosmickid wrote:
I hope you others don't mind the Swedish!

of course not, it's great fun to look at Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

Hey from Stockholm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Stockholm   Hey from Stockholm Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:30 am

The pronunciation is pretty close to the Dutch region-language Frisian. I was born in Friesland, and I'm surprised I can read Swedish a bit. Quite cool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

Hey from Stockholm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Stockholm   Hey from Stockholm Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:37 am

theBasemen wrote:
The pronunciation is pretty close to the Dutch region-language Frisian. I was born in Friesland, and I'm surprised I can read Swedish a bit. Quite cool.

I guess a lot of the european languages are very similar, you often get the idea of what they're saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey from Stockholm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Stockholm   Hey from Stockholm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey from Stockholm
Page 1 of 1