DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ich bin ein Berliner! :D

Go down 
+3
Daire
the constant
Silver
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Empty
PostSubject: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi everyone. (:

I just saw that we have an "introduce yourself" thread! o_O
Okay, here we go. I'm Silver, 22, and I'm from Punkrock City Berlin!
I LOVE everything that deals with music. I like to go to concerts, play guitar (but not professional). I like PUNKROCK, bodyart (tattoos, piercings...), beer, PUNKROCK, skateboarding, oh yes and PUNKROCK! Very Happy
I've started to listen with 12, 13 or so to old british punk bands: Clash, Adicts, Ramones...but also cool american punkrock like social distortion. Then I came to hardcorepunk: (unseen, casualties, black flag) and even listened to some oi! bands from uk like cock sparrer and cockney rejects, also some ska. But basically I'm open for every kind of music, even emocore! d:
But when I discovered this forum I've read about so many bands that I listen now. HWM, This town needs guns, Bruce Springsteen, Against Me!, I found these pre-gaslight anthem bands like crt, tcm or surrogate mckenzie and i really enjoy this old school songs.
But wait! There is one more thing that came when I started to play acoustic guitar: The Singer/Songwriter and acoustic stuff (William Fitzsimmons, Joshua Radin, Bon Iver).
BUT THEN I had the august '08 issue of my fanzine in the mail. Guess who was on the cover... Very Happy
Yes. GASLIGHT ANTHEM! And the '59 sound record had such a good review so I bought the album and I immediately fell in love with it. I know that this music will accompany me my whole life. I'm already so exited to see them here this november. It will be my first Gaslight concert. I don't know...it's like that their songs are already like an addiction. (:
Okay, i think it's enough for now. It's 3 a.m., I just came from a fantastic Anti-Flag concert and i'm a bit tired now. But if you wanna know something feel free to ask. (:
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
the constant
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
the constant

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:13 pm

seeing as you've been on here longer than me I'm not sure I can welcome you haha.
but hey anyway!
and I love anti-flag.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:16 am

welcome to the site man!

what ska bands do you like?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 4:06 am

Hi Silver, good to have you here.

Silver wrote:
BUT THEN I had the august '08 issue of my fanzine in the mail. Guess who was on the cover... Very Happy

Do you mean Kerrang!, which showed them on the August 08 issue or another magazine?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 7:41 am

hey buddy

schoene grueße nach berlin. cool dass auch mal ein paar leute aus dem deutschsprachigen raum hier auftauchen^^
tga sind schon der hammer, ich schaetze du gehst zum konzert in berlin oder^^

hast du piercings und tattoos?
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 8:23 am

Welcome to the boards Kumpel.
Back to top Go down
micwatson
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:12 pm

i'll be in berlin next week. best bars?
Back to top Go down
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:35 pm

Thanks for the words, guys.

Daire wrote:
what ska bands do you like?

I listened to a lot of Laurel Aitken and The Specials. 2 Tone music is great for dancing. Very Happy
But I also like the reggae stuff by The Clash. I even listen to these new ska-punk bands like mighty mighty bosstones or distemper from russia.

steady now steady now wrote:
Do you mean Kerrang!, which showed them on the August 08 issue or another magazine?

Haha. No. The fanzine is called "plastic bomb" and it's just a small german independent zine. Their covers are mostly self-drawn but they always have album regards on it and '59 sound album was on top of all. But it's kinda extraordinary 'cause it's a pure "deutschpunk" zine that deals with local bands and the local scene. I think they even loved the record made an exception for it. Very Happy

Grazer wrote:
hey buddy

schoene grueße nach berlin. cool dass auch mal ein paar leute aus dem deutschsprachigen raum hier auftauchen^^
tga sind schon der hammer, ich schaetze du gehst zum konzert in berlin oder^^

hast du piercings und tattoos?

Super! Endlich kann ich auf Deutsch schreiben. xD Danke für die Grüße. Ich schick dir gleich mal welche ins schöne Österrreich zurück. (:
TGA sind der absolute Oberhammer. Hab echt nie soviel für eine Band empfunden, die mich auch mit ihren Songs so dermaßen bewegt. Sie sind die Band der Stunde! Zum berlin Konzert sind's noch 2 Wochen, aber ich dreh jetzt schon durch und nerv schon alle damit. Vorfreude pur! : D
Wenn irgendwie möglich sein sollte, werd ich versuchen Fotos und alles zu machen, obwohl's schwer sein wird in der columbia-halle.
Aber wenigstens möchte ich einen "Benny-Bear-Hug" bekommen. xD
Hab mittlerweile drei Piercings. Lippe rechts und links und Septum. Mit Tattoos fang ich warscheinlich erst im Winter/Frühjahr an. Aber auf jeden Fall dann Old School Tattoos. Skulls, waves, sinking ships, sailor tattoo motive halt. Und das ein oder andere Gaslight Zitat wird auch dabei sein. Wink
Ich hoffe, die Leute hier sind nicht zu angepisst, dass ich mal ein wenig auf Deutsch geschrieben hab, aber wir sind ja ein internationales Forum. d:
Wohoo. I love this place!

micwatson wrote:
i'll be in berlin next week. best bars?
I moved to berlin this may, so I can't tell you about all good clubs but if you like Rock 'n' Roll and Punkrock you should visit the "Wild at heart" in Kreuzberg. Nice atmo, cool people and almost every night with great punk bands. (Mostly local, but sometimes international like nothington or born to lose...) They also play psychobilly, rockabilly and very old punk. It's my favourite bar.
Another great place is the Magnet Club, also Kreuzberg. They also have rockbars at some days (and the last time I was there i went to the dj with a song-wish and then he played "The Patient Ferris Wheel" : D
Oh yes, and you should go there if you wanna meet some nice girls... Wink

@micwatson: Are you on that Gaslight Anthem concert at november the 5th, too?
Back to top Go down
micwatson
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 1:31 pm

nah dude. i leave berlin a day before the 5th. kinda sucks but thats life. i will see them in neu isenburg on the 11th tho.

thanks for the bar recommendations! and yes: i wanna meet nice girls! Very Happy who doesn't
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 1:49 pm

Silver wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:

Haha. No. The fanzine is called "plastic bomb" and it's just a small german independent zine. Their covers are mostly self-drawn but they always have album regards on it and '59 sound album was on top of all. But it's kinda extraordinary 'cause it's a pure "deutschpunk" zine that deals with local bands and the local scene. I think they even loved the record made an exception for it. Very Happy

OK. I have the cover disc from that issue (#64) which had 'Old White Lincoln' on it as track 2. I thought you meant there was also a pic of them on the cover, which there isn't, except if that's Brian in disguise.

Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Art100646
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Brian's a superhero in his free time, and that's his costume. don't believe me? then why would he be learning how to fly? (think of learning to fly as superman, not of learning how to fly a plane)
00:23
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Bea wrote:
Brian's a superhero in his free time, and that's his costume. don't believe me? then why would he be learning how to fly? (think of learning to fly as superman, not of learning how to fly a plane)
00:23

great find; fun stuff; they ask whether I want more; I sure do
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:55 pm

haha, ich glaub net dass es uns die andren krumm nehmen, alles andere wird ja e auf englisch besprochen.
ich war noch nie in berlin, es wäre aber ein baldiges reiseziel von mir. bei uns österreich hat berlin so eine art kultstatus erreicht, jeder will ma dorthin und alle die schon dart waren sind begeistert.

also ich seh tga jetzt zum 3. mal und bin noch immer total aufgeregt. das fängt mit der verlautbarung der gig-termins an, wird stärker mit dem erhalt des tickets und dann mit jedem weiteren tag.

also kombination von septum und snakebites find ich echt geil^^
hab selber auch ein septum machen lassen (in stockholm und meine elterns habens mir sogar unwissentlich gezahlt^^) und als nächstes kommen zwei labrets auf der linken seite. da freu ich mich schon drauf.

tattoos kann ich mir leider nicht machen lassen weil ich eine schwere hautkrankheit habe, ich halte mich daher lieber an die piercings^^
Back to top Go down
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 4:50 pm

I think it was my fault for that misunderstanding. A plastic bomb issue contains of two parts: The fanzine with the articles, photos, etc... and a black/white catalogue with record lists for ordering. On that catalogue cover are album recommendations and there was also a small pic of the '59 sound record, no picture of the band or sth. like that.I forgot to mention.

Bea wrote:

Lol. I like this explaination. It makes so much more sense. But his costume looks awful. He really needs a better one. : D

@ Grazer:
Ja komm nach Berlin. (: Es ist echt schön hier. Ich mag dieses big city life total. Ich persönlich war nur ein einziges Mal in Österreich, während der EM. Hat mir gereicht. xD Na Spaß, ich fand's schön bei euch.
Ach ja, die Vorfreude.^^ Die is nicht zu toppen. So geht's mir auch immer bei nem neuen Album, dass ich unbedingt haben möchte. (: Bei American Slang war's ähnlich. Hab den Postboten echt jeden Tag aufgelauert.^^
Ich find' auch, dass es keine bessere Piercing Kombination gibt^^. Das einzig blöde ist nur, dass hier mittlerweile jeder Zweite so rumrennt. :/ Aber ich hab auch schon ein paar Leute in einem Gaslight Anthem Shirt rumrennen sehen. Da ging's mir dann wieder besser. <:
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 6:05 pm

Bea wrote:
That's brilliant, too short but brilliant =D
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:48 am

Silver wrote:
Lol. I like this explaination. It makes so much more sense. But his costume looks awful. He really needs a better one. : D
yeah that's true.. maybe he'll buy a new one when the Levi's paycheck arrives =D

loazis wrote:
That's brilliant, too short but brilliant =D
haha thanks Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ich bin ein Berliner! :D   Ich bin ein Berliner! :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ich bin ein Berliner! :D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: