DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TGA on Jools Holland BBC

Go down 
+25
Jerseyrain
big mike
ktp
kieran
acousticbandit
Down by the Mersey
kuruptlon
Raoul_Duke
IFeelBlue
TGAFAN25
ral
NeverTrustAJunkie
Prisoner
Christophe
The Boxer
Luca Chinaski
azlisa
J.B.R.
Bea
Holland
simo
Daire
loazis
steady now steady now
whoareyou
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 6:43 pm

well, that seemed like a lost opportunity to me; I thought AS was the wrong choice of song for the show's format, which really called for something more intimate (although I have seen Metallica on the show as well), and Brian seemed strained and not his usual TV self (a touch of the cold?); shame really Crying or Very sad - let's see what the extended edition brings (maybe we get a brief chat with Jools as well)

The Pierces and Duffy's closer stole the show, for me anyway

EDIT: oh what do I know drunken ; I've just read the comments on TGA's Facebook page and they all loved it.

EDIT2: and there's a new acoustic version of 'She Loves You' on the Jools webpage at http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm

yeh Brian looked kind of ill to me
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Thought it wasn't on til 11:50??
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm

TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 179880879-37cbdac40b71777f24f233a0a42b5ee9.4cbe14e0-scaled
Mad
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:02 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 179880879-37cbdac40b71777f24f233a0a42b5ee9.4cbe14e0-scaled
Mad
same here...
let's wait and see if someone puts it on youtube..
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:08 pm

Just saw the performance of AS there. Thought the music was absolutely spot on, but Brian did sound a bit off.

I presume that's the only song they did on the show?
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:25 pm

steady now steady now wrote:

EDIT2: and there's a new acoustic version of 'She Loves You' on the Jools webpage at http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/

Thanks for the heads up on this. It was "not available in my area" but through the wonders of the internet, I was able to watch and download it. Not sure if the BBC/Jools Holland go after Youtube videos but I've uploaded it there. I can also upload the original FLV if there's interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwYEC-wNL7s

Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 11:13 pm

wow, thank you so much. we <3 you!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 12:53 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE6ynpJm_7k

Just found this. I didn't upload it, just found it. I happen to really like Brian's vocal performance though. I didn't really think he sounded off. Maybe a bit gruffer than usual, but I like it. Love that you can hear the bass in this too.

Thought it was a lot better performance of this song than last time they played it on TV. Maybe a better mix helped it too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:02 am

sounds soo much better than the Jay Leno performance.
Also glad that they allowed Alex R. to set up the flag and stuff around his amp
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:03 am

loved it! thanks for the find!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:16 am

He defeinitely hit the notes, but I don't like the style he sang it in... It's refreshing to hear, but it's certianl nothing like any other rendition we've ever heard...

I'm not sure how to feel about it honestly
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:57 am

ral wrote:
I can also upload the original FLV if there's interest.
that would be great, do it if you have some time Smile
and thanks to the others for the great finds!
Back to top Go down
whoareyou
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:16 am

Daire wrote:
Thought it wasn't on til 11:50??

The extended version is on Sat
Back to top Go down
whoareyou
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:18 am

Thought AS was the obvious version. National television, still promoting the album.

Disappointing performance. Hoping for better tomorrow!

Imagine 2 dif songs on Sat. Generally thurs performance isnt shown as well.

Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:33 am

I'm usually not too fond of their shows on television but I thought this was good and especially Brian was simply amazing this time around. And trust me, I'm a critic.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:48 am

is this the full show? or will the entire thing be aired on TV later on?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vjfqp
"New Jersey rock 'n' rollers the Gaslight Anthem present songs from their second album, American Slang". second album, really? those guys should do some research before writing anything xD

and i finally managed to get around the country restriction, watching it at the moment. i feel so proud of myself right now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:10 am

I really liked the new sounding version of AS on Later, however, I had to only listen to She loves you, Brian's ill appearance really distracted me and made me feel as if I was watching him being forced into something. I am not sure if the tour is getting to them or if he caught something. I know when I travel to Europe, I'm always anxious if I caught something from the recycled air in the airplanes.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Kinda dissapointed with the sound. The drums could've been better and Brian's guitar could've been louder. Also the backing vocals could've been louder

Brian was kinda different in his st.age persona (the serious look), but that really fits with the contents of the song. He brought it with soul and passion
Back to top Go down
IFeelBlue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IFeelBlue

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:05 pm

I'm dying to see them...
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:56 pm

The full version of Jools is on Friday nights, not Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:05 pm

So its possible they played more songs?
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:13 pm

yeh they will almost definately have done three, at least two. There is also a possibility American Slang will not appear on the friday show and it will be three others or two others.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:46 pm

That's ace
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:35 am

Anybody else think Brian looks a bit like Tom Waits in these videos?? That was my first reaction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA on Jools Holland BBC   TGA on Jools Holland BBC - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TGA on Jools Holland BBC
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next