DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Levi's commercial [now with poll]

Go down 
+33
Sinngh
clashcityrocker
Johnny99
thecosmickid
El Jefe
steph
Stevearm
Pants
steffuhnee
acousticbandit
gib786
amberfoyd
RobertODonnell
kuruptlon
JJW319
DaveSavedTheDay
A_Regular
Luca Chinaski
rem999
TGAFAN25
kieran
ktp
IKeeptheDiner
azlisa
NeverTrustAJunkie
Bea
steady now steady now
IFeelBlue
loazis
Holland
Daire
Jack
anarkistbavern
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

thumbs up or thumbs down?
thumbs up
Levi's commercial [now with poll] Vote_lcap58%Levi's commercial [now with poll] Vote_rcap
 58% [ 42 ]
thumbs down
Levi's commercial [now with poll] Vote_lcap18%Levi's commercial [now with poll] Vote_rcap
 18% [ 13 ]
whatever
Levi's commercial [now with poll] Vote_lcap24%Levi's commercial [now with poll] Vote_rcap
 24% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 73

AuthorMessage
anarkistbavern
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Levi's commercial [now with poll] Empty
PostSubject: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:44 pm

[Edit: Poll added by Admin]

I'm not really posting here that much... Or well, at all... Hey anyway!

Aaanyway, I was walking down the underground at Oxford Circus, London today, when I suddenly stopped by a Levi's commercial. I was thinking that "Damn, that really looks like Benny Horowitz... And. The rest of the guys... What the fuck?"
So, yeah, Gaslight Anthem is apparently doing some Levi's thing. Found a video on youtube as well.

So, guys are getting big, right? What do you guys think about it? Personally I don't really care, since, well, if they should be into any commercials it should be Levi's, right? Oh well, thought you might find it interesting!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:54 pm

Very strange...but good for them. I'm sure a bunch of lowlifes will say they're selling out, but bands need to make money the way they can.

Best part, by the way, was Benny doing the hard sell for Levi's: "Good jeans!"
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:06 pm

Always meant to ask in relation to this....my ticket for the Dublin show of the upcoming Euro tour it says at the top 'Presented by MCD (normal promoter) and Levi Jeans'.
Thought it was strange but never read much into it.

Hopefully the guys are being well looked after by them
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:08 pm

I think its pretty cool , i remember Brian twittering about levis a while back, no matter how much people frown upon this kind of stuff style is a pretty massive part of marketing most bands. If you were in a band and levis said heres loads of free jeans you would accept.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Shit works, I want some Levi's now.
Back to top Go down
IFeelBlue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IFeelBlue

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Hey man...Levi's Rocks !
They're not becoming commercial for that...I mean...free jeans, guys! Free Levi's Jeans! Who will not accept? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:20 pm

What a coincidence. At the Oxford show on 29 June Benny told me that they had spent the previous day on an airfield doing a photoshoot, and only today I was thinking of finding out why I've never seen photos from that shoot. We'll now I've got the answer.

Best line: "we had to basically act like us" (Brian).

But there is still something about it that makes me cringe a little, as much as I love the guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:04 pm

it's funny how they always put Brian a couple steps in front of the other guys so the height difference isn't so obvious xD
and yeah i think this is huge and just kind of a natural thing: the band is getting bigger and more and more people are becoming interested, to the point that an international brand has asked them to be the face of their campaigne; this wouldn't have happened a couple of years ago, and is also good money (it's not like they've sold themselves, they're still hard workers and still touring and working all over the place)
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:16 pm

How awkward it must have been to think of what to say about your jeans past 7 words "I like them because they fit me."

Also, I've never seen a more dramatic stair-descending than at 2:44. The music made it seem like something major is about to go down.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:40 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
But there is still something about it that makes me cringe a little, as much as I love the guys.
I feel the same, no hard feelings or anything, but it's just a bit... weird.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:02 pm

this was pretty cute! i want to see the pictures!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:16 pm

Bea wrote:
it's funny how they always put Brian a couple steps in front of the other guys so the height difference isn't so obvious xD

Is that the reason? Or is it because bigwigs see the band as Brian Fallon and the Gaslight Anthem??

I'd like to think it's the former, but have a feeling it's more likely the latter. :/
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Daire wrote:
Bea wrote:

Is that the reason? Or is it because bigwigs see the band as Brian Fallon and the Gaslight Anthem??

I'd like to think it's the former, but have a feeling it's more likely the latter. :/
i like to think it's a combination of both.... although you're probably right too
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:27 pm

as a video student, i liked the way that was edited. not sure how i felt the way they worked it out so brian was more i guess "mor of the band." i mean hes no a solo act (unless eyeball records (i think) is concerned,total nerd-out)

as for the issue of the band being sponsored by levis, quite frankly, i dont care. theyre gonna do what they want to do. i cant control them. i dont personally wear levis, but am i gonna freak out and say theyre sellouts because its a "corporation by the man," or something like it? no. theyre grown men and can make their own decisions.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:49 am

anarkistbavern wrote:
I'm not really posting here that much... Or well, at all... Hey anyway!

Aaanyway, I was walking down the underground at Oxford Circus, London today, when I suddenly stopped by a Levi's commercial. I was thinking that "Damn, that really looks like Benny Horowitz... And. The rest of the guys... What the fuck?"
So, yeah, Gaslight Anthem is apparently doing some Levi's thing.

can anyone get a photo of the commercial at oxford circus or wherever else they've been put up? i'm in india this week but once i'm back i'll keep my eyes peeled too. would be cool to see it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 4:24 am

this is the only picture that's been released so far...
Levi's commercial [now with poll] 64391_10

if anyone's interested in winning a ticket for one of the UK shows:
https://www.facebook.com/LevisUK?v=app_161718373838920&ref=ts
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 4:51 am

Bea wrote:
this is the only picture that's been released so far...
Levi's commercial [now with poll] 64391_10

if anyone's interested in winning a ticket for one of the UK shows:
https://www.facebook.com/LevisUK?v=app_161718373838920&ref=ts

One of the 'entry' photos has a pic of the commercial in the background, but it won't enlarge.

First person to post an instore photo of themselves in front of the Gaslight Anthem Levi's ad get a virtual prize (online praise).
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 5:06 am

One of the 'entry' photos has a pic of the commercial in the background, but it won't enlarge.
it does enlarge but there's a guy in the middle ruining the whole picture -.-

First person to post an instore photo of themselves in front of the Gaslight Anthem Levi's ad get a virtual prize (online praise).
we're doing our own Levi's contest Very Happy

Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 6:00 am

Like wise. I never feel to easy when music and corporations mix it all seems a bit unnecessary. I think its worse when you bands doing sponsored tours. I can see both sides of the coin though and im not about to call them sell outs but I dunno just sits a bit uneasy with me.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 6:05 am

lol, edited so this post is chilled out.

I don't mind them wearing cool jeans at all and they've always worn them so who cares if they get a little publicity.

Didnt they do Gucci or Vogue or something too a few years back?

Last edited by rkirkpatrick25 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 6:15 am

there's no need to be rude... nobody in here has said that they were sell outs, we have just expressed our individual opinions and feelings: some people (like me) like or don't mind the fact that they're doing things like this for big international brands since it's gonna bring them a whole new level of exposure, some people think it's a little bit too much and maybe not necessary but still fine anyways. we are all just saying what we think freely, so let's not get into an argument over this
Back to top Go down
rem999
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rem999

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 6:22 am

a bunch of kids from jersey with tattoos wearing levi's.... sounds like this was a real stretch from their real selves lol.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 6:43 am

I don't think anyone on here actually said "sell outs", so let's keep calm.

It just seemed a little akward. Even Brian, in the video, seemed quite self-conscious about the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 7:20 am

I don't think anyone on here actually said "sell outs", so let's keep calm.

It just seemed a little akward. Even Brian, in the video, seemed quite self-conscious about the whole thing.

Aye he made constant reference to how this was just what they wore normally but it seemed massively over emphasised imo and came across as a way of justifying it to the fans to try and avoid the inevitable sell out comments from some people somewhere (not here). Also made it seem like he was somewhat awkward with the whole thing. Thats what I took away from it whether or not Brian feels awkward or not we will never fully know.

Feel free to disagree though. Variety is the spice of life and all that Smile
Back to top Go down
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:29 am

Thumbs down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pearljamonline.it/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Levi's commercial [now with poll]   Levi's commercial [now with poll] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Levi's commercial [now with poll]
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next