DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian's Latest Twitter Post

Go down 
+2
JJW319
Shrewsbury_Stars
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Brian's Latest Twitter Post Empty
PostSubject: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Anyone know what this is about?

"I would appreciate that if anyone would like to compile free albums of work I've done that perhaps they would run this by me first.
2:26 PM Sep 29th via TwitBird "
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:49 pm

yes I do.

Saw this on ap.net, the guy made it a few days ago.

http://cellarghosts.tumblr.com/post/1196148837/more-gaslight-love-brian-fallon-solo-acoustic

EDIT: Wow. It was taken down already. Anyway, someone who has a cool music blog made a 11ish track cd with all Brian's acoustic stuff (Blues, TPA, covers, etc) for download.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:20 pm

JJW319 wrote:
EDIT: Wow. It was taken down already. Anyway, someone who has a cool music blog made a 11ish track cd with all Brian's acoustic stuff (Blues, TPA, covers, etc) for download.
songs that we haven't heard before or nothing new?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:46 pm

its was nothing new.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:57 pm

Yea, they were all taken from his old myspace I guess...

All of them are already on this site in the Audio forum
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:02 pm

JJW319 wrote:
Yea, they were all taken from his old myspace I guess...

All of them are already on this site in the Audio forum

I guess it is one thing making one's own compilation for home use, quite another to make it available for download, especially as it included 'Tin Pan Alley', which is a proper release.

At least people now know where Brian stands on the issue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:55 pm

I thought it was about that vinyl project they wanted to do with his stuff
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:59 pm

what vinyl project?
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:02 pm

The Charming Man vinyl release.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Nah cause he said free albums the vinyl release will be far from free.
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:11 pm

true, but I would think that it would be worse for people making money of him. I understand the Tin Pan Alley should be removed since that was a release.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:29 pm

I dunno I think its the free acoustic album that got put up at least thats what I think it is cant find the article on punk news now.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:15 pm

kieran wrote:
I dunno I think its the free acoustic album that got put up at least thats what I think it is cant find the article on punk news now.

Yea, that was it. I linked it in the first post, but it was taken down by the author cause he fealt bad. I guess the article was removed too.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 1:09 am

For clarification, here is the text of the since deleted Punk News 'article' that probably alerted Brian to what was quite rightly a problem:

Fan compiles Brian Fallon solo performances into unofficial album
Posted by aubin on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at 2:30 PM (EDT)

A dedicated fan has compiled all of Brian Fallon of Gaslight Anthem's solo performances into a downloadable album. The 11-track digital download includes Gaslight staples like "The '59 Sound" and "Great Expectations" as well as covers like Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah," Bruce Springsteen's "Atlantic City" and more.
Check it out here. [the link was to the guy's blog]
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 6:40 am

well like it's been said before, one thing is to make a mixtape of brian's song for personal use and another is to make it avalaible for download and kind of 'releasing' it everywhere in the internet...

EDIT: apparently, there was some material that they were planning on releasing in the winter for free and someone uploaded it for free, so that's the reason Brian got upset... anyone know more about this??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian's Latest Twitter Post   Brian's Latest Twitter Post Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian's Latest Twitter Post
Page 1 of 1