DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HMV Picture House Edinburgh

Go down 
+3
massie1903
KittyKat
Noogie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Noogie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Noogie

HMV Picture House Edinburgh Empty
PostSubject: HMV Picture House Edinburgh   HMV Picture House Edinburgh Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:43 pm

Hey i just joined and i was wondering if anyone is going to the HMV Picture house show in nov?
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: HMV Picture House Edinburgh   HMV Picture House Edinburgh Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi there, I'll be there. What's the venue like? Any good viewing spots? I'm bringing a mate who's quite short so hoping for a good balcony view or something!!

I don't know the city at all so having a couple of days there to look around, can't wait.

Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

PostSubject: Re: HMV Picture House Edinburgh   HMV Picture House Edinburgh Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:41 am

Mu'fucka! I'll be there! sO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO PUMPED!
Back to top Go down
Noogie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Noogie

PostSubject: Re: HMV Picture House Edinburgh   HMV Picture House Edinburgh Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Sorry haven't replied sooner forgot all about this. Yeah the venue is really good. It's small but not too small if that makes sense. It will be amazing i cannot wait.
Back to top Go down
Miles Davis
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Miles Davis

PostSubject: Re: HMV Picture House Edinburgh   HMV Picture House Edinburgh Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:29 pm

I'll be there Very Happy!

Yeah, it's quite wee but not that bad. Will be absolutely bouncing.

And KittyKat, hope you enjoy our great city Smile
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: HMV Picture House Edinburgh   HMV Picture House Edinburgh Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:41 pm

Miles Davis wrote:
I'll be there Very Happy!

Yeah, it's quite wee but not that bad. Will be absolutely bouncing.

And KittyKat, hope you enjoy our great city Smile

Cheers!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Scotia23
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: HMV Picture House Edinburgh   HMV Picture House Edinburgh Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:09 pm

hey folks

Tomorrow night, TGA in Edinburgh! gonna be awesome! I'm coming through from Glasgow with my Girlfriend and my sister. Anyone going to the gig fancy getting a few drinks before it?

If so message me and i'll forward you guys my mobile and we can sort something out.

If not see y'all there!

Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: HMV Picture House Edinburgh   HMV Picture House Edinburgh Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 7:55 am

A short review of the gig that I picked up at a Springsteen forum:

Barney McRubble wrote:

The Edinburgh show tonight was great until about half way through when the played Miles Davis and the Birth of Cool. Then something happened, something snapped, something clicked. Ever seen a band go stratospheric? It's hard to describe.
Back to top Go down
paul-r-cfc
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
paul-r-cfc

PostSubject: Re: HMV Picture House Edinburgh   HMV Picture House Edinburgh Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Great gig - crowd was far tamer than Glasgow but excellent show nonetheless

Fell over trying to grab a setlist and ended up with half of it Razz
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: HMV Picture House Edinburgh   HMV Picture House Edinburgh Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:57 pm

chickenman wrote:

Barney McRubble wrote:

The Edinburgh show tonight was great until about half way through when the played Miles Davis and the Birth of Cool. Then something happened, something snapped, something clicked. Ever seen a band go stratospheric? It's hard to describe.

Hey Chickenman. Funny, I brought a mate to the gig..she didn't know any GA stuff but just came along as I was staying at her place. I was down the front and she was upstairs somewhere and came in just before they came on.Afterwards, she said she couldn't really get into it at the beginning as she had things on her mind, but there was one song which just made it click for her and after that she loved it....Miles Davis (" it had the word 'down' in it a lot").

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HMV Picture House Edinburgh   HMV Picture House Edinburgh Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:21 pm

KittyKat wrote:
chickenman wrote:

Barney McRubble wrote:

Hey Chickenman. Funny, I brought a mate to the gig..she didn't know any GA stuff but just came along as I was staying at her place. I was down the front and she was upstairs somewhere and came in just before they came on.Afterwards, she said she couldn't really get into it at the beginning as she had things on her mind, but there was one song which just made it click for her and after that she loved it....Miles Davis (" it had the word 'down' in it a lot").

Very Happy

Hi Kat - how you doing?!

Glad your friend liked the show - I bet next time she'll be waiting around in the freezing cold too just to meet the guys afterwards haha! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Noogie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Noogie

PostSubject: Re: HMV Picture House Edinburgh   HMV Picture House Edinburgh Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:01 pm

Yeah it was a really good gig. I managed to get a pair of drumsticks which was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HMV Picture House Edinburgh   HMV Picture House Edinburgh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HMV Picture House Edinburgh
Page 1 of 1