DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clifton Park

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Clifton Park Empty
PostSubject: Clifton Park   Clifton Park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:06 am

Just got home and am too tired to post the photos and video clips I took, but here's the setlist (not in order):

American Slang
Stay Lucky
Bring It On
The Diamond Church Street Choir
The Queen of Lower Chelsea
Orphans
Boxer
She Loves You (after some harassment by crowd members)

I Coul'da Been a Contender
Wooderson
We Came to Dance
I'da Called You Woody, Joe (YAY!)

Great Expectations
'59 Sound
Old White Lincoln
High Lonesome (opened with this)
Film Noir
Miles Davis & the Cool
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
Here's Looking At You, Kid
The Backseat

State of Love & Trust

The sound was LOUD. Were any of you there? It sounded like someone's guitar was constantly out of tune and there was a ton of feedback all night. Brian looked visibly stressed out. But it was still a great show for me anyway. Brian brought out one of the girls from Bridge & Tunnel right in the middle of HLAYKid to thank her for being in a good mood all the time, then continued the song. He told a funny story about getting a call from Mike Ness in the middle of their set when they opened for Social D, where Mike just wanted to let them know they were doing a good job that night.

Got some photos, and like I said, I'll post the video clips later. 'night! Sleep
Back to top Go down
rem999
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rem999

Clifton Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clifton Park   Clifton Park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:38 am

I talked to Benny after the show, and you're right... they had sound trouble with brian and alex r. all night. i thought they sounded good though, and it was great to see them on such a small stage.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

Clifton Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clifton Park   Clifton Park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:48 pm

apparently patient ferris wheel was played. i hope my friend wasnt lying. anyone there confirm?
Back to top Go down
rem999
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rem999

Clifton Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clifton Park   Clifton Park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:51 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
apparently patient ferris wheel was played. i hope my friend wasnt lying. anyone there confirm?
i think you're friend was lying to you....
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

Clifton Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clifton Park   Clifton Park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:00 pm

haha i knew it was to good to be true.
Back to top Go down
TheOtherNewestOne
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Clifton Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clifton Park   Clifton Park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:00 pm

I don't remember TPFW being played. Fun as hell, though. But yeah, the sound trouble was kind of evident. I just hope that doesn't deter TGA from coming back. We don't get a lot of good music around here...Popped my Gaslight Anthem cherry with this show. Fake Problems were fantastic as well, though I must say, I'm not a fan of Bridge And Tunnel.

@rem999, where did you talk to Benny? My friend and I went around back to where the buses were and got kicked out by some random guard or something. Oh, and I was told there was a band meet-and-greet before the show which I missed out on, do you know how you get in on that at NL, and is it with every band or just some?

@NeverTrustAJunkie, yeah, its been like that every time I've gone to NL.

Is anyone going to NL in three weeks for Bad Religion with The Bouncing Souls and Off With Your Head?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Clifton Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clifton Park   Clifton Park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:16 pm

rem999 wrote:
IKeeptheDiner wrote:
i think you're friend was lying to you....

That or they got the title confused with a song that they actually did play.

Here's my video and meh photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/sets/72157624924457275/with/5031172903/

Here you get a sense of Brian's stress Neutral
http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/5031172903/in/set-72157624924457275/ (video)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/5031188163/in/set-72157624924457275/ (photo)

Bringing Rachel out during HLAYK:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/5031186813/in/set-72157624924457275/

I was going to try to meet them out back but seriously was scared of the dark!

I liked Bridge & Tunnel's passion, but I didn't like the vocals. It was a lot of screaming. Fake Problems was alright. I was expecting more energy, but as someone who is a snob about opening bands I found them entertaining. I kept thinking the bassist looked like a young Chevy Chase.

Last edited by NeverTrustAJunkie on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
kuruptlon
A Contender
A Contender
kuruptlon

Clifton Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clifton Park   Clifton Park Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:20 pm

This show was awesome. The sound did suck, but I was pumped they played She Loves You (that was my sister screaming She Loves You after every song until they played it sorry).

With regards to Fake Problems, I'm a fan. Bridge and Tunnel, not so much.

I waited around after the show and got to talk to Benny and I got a pic with Brian which was awesome.

Am I the only one who wished they would stop playing State Of Love and Trust? I'm not a huge fan of that song, I feel like they could pick a better song to cover.
Back to top Go down
rem999
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rem999

Clifton Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clifton Park   Clifton Park Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:14 am

TheOtherNewestOne wrote:
I don't remember TPFW being played. Fun as hell, though. But yeah, the sound trouble was kind of evident. I just hope that doesn't deter TGA from coming back. We don't get a lot of good music around here...Popped my Gaslight Anthem cherry with this show. Fake Problems were fantastic as well, though I must say, I'm not a fan of Bridge And Tunnel.

@rem999, where did you talk to Benny? My friend and I went around back to where the buses were and got kicked out by some random guard or something. Oh, and I was told there was a band meet-and-greet before the show which I missed out on, do you know how you get in on that at NL, and is it with every band or just some?

@NeverTrustAJunkie, yeah, its been like that every time I've gone to NL.

Is anyone going to NL in three weeks for Bad Religion with The Bouncing Souls and Off With Your Head?

we talked to benny after the show at the bar. none of us were 21 but we just walked in to watch the end of the yankee game and he was there watching. all 5 of us came from new brunswick so we basically talked about that and the yankees/giants for about 25 minutes. i had no idea about the band meet and greet. me and my friends also went around back at benny's suggestion and got kicked out by some random person.
Back to top Go down
TheOtherNewestOne
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Clifton Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clifton Park   Clifton Park Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:11 am

Damn, I missed him at the bar :-/.
Back to top Go down
TheOtherNewestOne
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Clifton Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clifton Park   Clifton Park Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:44 am

Kuruption, where'd you see Brian? And yes, I do think you're the only one who thinks that. I personally love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clifton Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clifton Park   Clifton Park Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clifton Park
Page 1 of 1