DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Derek Jeter

Go down 
+7
simo
IKeeptheDiner
loazis
Johnny99
CluckyB
Daire
rem999
11 posters
AuthorMessage
rem999
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rem999

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Does anyone else love the fact that Brian's been throwing Jeter's name into Stay Lucky? As a lifelong Yankee fan, and especially a Jeter fan, it just makes me love the song so much more.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:38 pm

Is it definitly Jeter then?
On another thread, some thought it was cheater. Personally it doesn't really bother me either way. I'm ambivilant to baseball.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 4:02 pm

"Jeter" makes more sense in the context of the song / Brian being a baseball fan.

I like how Brian doesn't always sing his songs the exact same way. Gives it less of a "rehearsed this a bunch of times and just going through the motions" feeling.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 4:07 pm

the only thing i hate more than the yankees are yankee fans.
it was brutal growing up a mets fan in the bronx.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:51 pm

I wish we had baseball on television over here.

Goes for American sports in general by the way, watching hockey and basketball late at night... bounce
Back to top Go down
rem999
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rem999

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:16 pm

Daire wrote:
Is it definitly Jeter then?
On another thread, some thought it was cheater. Personally it doesn't really bother me either way. I'm ambivilant to baseball.
yea, its most definitely jeter.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:57 pm

I'm a Mets fan, but I have a great amount of respect for Jeter. He plays ball, has/keeps a good image, doesnt have any bullshit or drama attached to him. I got into this conversation today at my firehouse haha.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 12:09 am

I hate the Yankees but not Derek Jeter.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 12:18 am

I'm glad to see non-Yankees fans praise Jeter in this thread. The man is all class. Hating on him just makes you look kinda foolish.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 3:37 am

Derek "no longer at all clutch" Jeter
Back to top Go down
rem999
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rem999

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 3:58 am

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
I'm a Mets fan, but I have a great amount of respect for Jeter. He plays ball, has/keeps a good image, doesnt have any bullshit or drama attached to him. I got into this conversation today at my firehouse haha.

i'm a firefighter too. thats pretty cool. you're in nj im guessing?
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 10:23 am

rem999 wrote:
IKeeptheDiner wrote:

I'm from Orange County, NY actually. I'm like 15-20 minutes from Vernon or like 30 minutes from Ramsey. So I have a hint of Jersey blood in me haha. Volunteer I assume, right?
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:11 pm

Yeah, even though I hate the Yankees with a religious passion I'll never root against Derek Jeter. Dude plays the game the right way and you have to respect that. Brian including him in his songs is cool too. For some reason I love it when baseball gets a shout out in music lol.
Back to top Go down
rem999
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rem999

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:47 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
rem999 wrote:
IKeeptheDiner wrote:

I'm from Orange County, NY actually. I'm like 15-20 minutes from Vernon or like 30 minutes from Ramsey. So I have a hint of Jersey blood in me haha. Volunteer I assume, right?

yea, volunteer. our entire county is soley volunteer.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:54 pm

CluckyB wrote:
"Jeter" makes more sense in the context of the song / Brian being a baseball fan.

I like how Brian doesn't always sing his songs the exact same way. Gives it less of a "rehearsed this a bunch of times and just going through the motions" feeling.

that would never happen with this band anyways

for the lulz - farao flower
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Going to the Yanks/Sox game tonight. Hopefully Jeter & co. can get their shit together and start winning some games.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 8:41 pm

rem999 wrote:
IKeeptheDiner wrote:
rem999 wrote:
IKeeptheDiner wrote:

yea, volunteer. our entire county is soley volunteer.

Yea its actually something like 80% of the entire country is volunteer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Derek Jeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek Jeter   Derek Jeter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derek Jeter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Discussion About The Band-
Jump to: