DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Back to Analyzing the Songs...

Go down 
+3
wonderson189
Reinvent good times
QueenOfTheBronx
7 posters
AuthorMessage
QueenOfTheBronx
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
QueenOfTheBronx

Back to Analyzing the Songs... Empty
PostSubject: Back to Analyzing the Songs...   Back to Analyzing the Songs... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:57 pm

e7c started analyzing songs a while ago, but I can only find two. I would love to start this topic back up again. I want to know if I'm the only one who wants this.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Back to Analyzing the Songs...   Back to Analyzing the Songs... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:22 pm

I like it. Actually, I seem to enjoy songs that much better, if I have a sense of what the heck it's about, and the meaning.
Back to top Go down
wonderson189
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
wonderson189

PostSubject: Re: Back to Analyzing the Songs...   Back to Analyzing the Songs... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:59 pm

eh i like to know what the artest was thinking when they wrote it, but i'm a true believer in: what it means to you is what it means, i mean every person in the world is going to look at the same song differently and it will mean different things to them also
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Back to Analyzing the Songs...   Back to Analyzing the Songs... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Pretty much agreed with wooderson.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Back to Analyzing the Songs...   Back to Analyzing the Songs... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:06 pm

yeah it's always nice to talk about the music that brings us here.

and i'm now a contender Smile
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheBronx
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
QueenOfTheBronx

PostSubject: Re: Back to Analyzing the Songs...   Back to Analyzing the Songs... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:50 pm

What song should we start out with? I was thinking something like She Loves You since no one has really talked about that song on this forum too much.
Back to top Go down
wonderson189
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
wonderson189

PostSubject: Re: Back to Analyzing the Songs...   Back to Analyzing the Songs... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:35 pm

that is a good one love the song but isn't the title somewhat self- explanitory
Back to top Go down
dl22
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Back to Analyzing the Songs...   Back to Analyzing the Songs... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:49 am

good site for song analysis and meanings is http://www.songmeanings.net/artist/view/songs/137438979128/

could get some good discussions going
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Back to Analyzing the Songs...   Back to Analyzing the Songs... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:58 am

wonderson189 wrote:
eh i like to know what the artest was thinking when they wrote it, but i'm a true believer in: what it means to you is what it means, i mean every person in the world is going to look at the same song differently and it will mean different things to them also

I don't think anyone can force someone to see a particular meaning in a song, but I also think discussing meaning can reveal a lot about a song you didn't realize before hand. (see 1930) The point of the discussions shouldn't really be to "find Brian's meaning and be done" but more to share your view on the song and dissect various parts to find more meaning.
Back to top Go down
wonderson189
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
wonderson189

PostSubject: Re: Back to Analyzing the Songs...   Back to Analyzing the Songs... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 12:26 pm

okay you are right i wasn't saying that we can't discuss the song as how it speaks to us. I just find it somewhat annoying when people copy and past the meaning of a song off of one of those supposed "song meaning sites"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to Analyzing the Songs...   Back to Analyzing the Songs... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back to Analyzing the Songs...
Page 1 of 1