DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Holland

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

Hello from Holland Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Holland   Hello from Holland Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:04 pm

I was thinking: "Where shall I introduce myself?" Well, I think I found just the right spot.

I'm Stefan from the Netherlands. I live in the south of it and I love it. Last year I went to the westcoast of the U.S.A., it was wonderful. I think i'm going to return in two years, but then I'll visit the eastcoast. And of course New Jersey! I'm looking forward to it.
I play in a rockband with some guys from school. My username is called theBasemen and that's what the band is also called. If you search on Youtube "Basemen" you can find me at the bottom of the page! I'm the drummer and singer of the band. We write our own songs. But this was at our first gig, so we played some covers too. Troubled and Surviving Mondays are from our own. We will have our second gig tomorrow in front of 250 people. I'm quite excited! I hope you love the songs!

Greetings from Holland,

Stefan
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Hello from Holland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Holland   Hello from Holland Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:24 pm

the Netherlands?? "the Netherlands is this make believe place where Peter Pan and Tinker Bell come from"!!

sorry, i've been watching too much Friends lately Razz

welcome to the forum. and good luck on your gig tomorrow! couldn't find you on Youtube though...
and something Gaslight related: have you ever seen them live? which album do you prefer?
(btw, your picture made me wanna listen to Born to Run now, so that's what i'm doing xD)
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Hello from Holland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Holland   Hello from Holland Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:29 pm

Awesome to have another drummer here, What kind of kit do you have?

Welcome
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

Hello from Holland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Holland   Hello from Holland Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:03 am

Bea wrote:
the Netherlands?? "the Netherlands is this make believe place where Peter Pan and Tinker Bell come from"!!

sorry, i've been watching too much Friends lately Razz

welcome to the forum. and good luck on your gig tomorrow! couldn't find you on Youtube though...
and something Gaslight related: have you ever seen them live? which album do you prefer?
(btw, your picture made me wanna listen to Born to Run now, so that's what i'm doing xD)

Thanks, this is the link of one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBm8n1dklKE
I haven't seen the Gaslight Anthem yet, but I'm going to visit them in November. They're gonna play 'round here that time! I prefer the new album the most, American Slang, because I think the guys have made their own sound. The others were almost simulair to a Clash album! Greetz!
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Hello from Holland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Holland   Hello from Holland Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Hey! Another Dutchie =)

See you in Tilburg! ^_^
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

Hello from Holland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Holland   Hello from Holland Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:48 am

JoshRaymond wrote:
Awesome to have another drummer here, What kind of kit do you have?

Welcome
I got a simple kit. It was very cheap (about $250), it is from Musicstore in Köln (Germany). The brand is Fame, it is the housebrand of Musicstore. I also bought a guitar there last week. It's a Squier Telecaster. In Bruce's colours, if you know what I mean.

Our performance yesterday went very well. The croud was excited and we were too! Afterwards I got a lot of positive feedback, so that was fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Holland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Holland   Hello from Holland Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Holland
Page 1 of 1