DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

London, Calling.

Go down 
+4
MKULTRA
JoshRaymond
steady now steady now
AutumnMarie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AutumnMarie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AutumnMarie

London, Calling. Empty
PostSubject: London, Calling.   London, Calling. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Hey all!
I'm Gemma, 18, and hail from just north of London, UK.

I've been hanging around the forum for a couple of weeks, not really planning on signing up, but everyone here seems like there here for the right reasons(compared to some other forums I’ve been around), and really friendly, so I thought I'd poke my head through the door Smile

I found the band last summer, purely by accident. I'd gone to see Springsteen at Hard Rock Calling, and entered into Hyde Park whilst TGA were playing - I couldn't get my head around how amazing they were, and ended up singing along to them on my train ride home. I soon checked up what they were all about, and after hearing ‘...Woody, Joe’ (Strummer being my Numero Uno), knew that TGA were my kinda band.

I’m not brilliant at these things, so if you guys have any questions I’d be happy to answer - apart from that, I hope I’ll be able to leave some valuable contributions, as well as get to know all of you guys here Smile
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

London, Calling. Empty
PostSubject: Re: London, Calling.   London, Calling. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:43 am

AutumnMarie wrote:
Hey all!
I'm Gemma, 18, and hail from just north of London, UK.

I've been hanging around the forum for a couple of weeks, not really planning on signing up, but everyone here seems like there here for the right reasons(compared to some other forums I’ve been around), and really friendly, so I thought I'd poke my head through the door London, Calling. Icon_smile

I found the band last summer, purely by accident. I'd gone to see Springsteen at Hard Rock Calling, and entered into Hyde Park whilst TGA were playing - I couldn't get my head around how amazing they were, and ended up singing along to them on my train ride home. I soon checked up what they were all about, and after hearing ‘...Woody, Joe’ (Strummer being my Numero Uno), knew that TGA were my kinda band.

I’m not brilliant at these things, so if you guys have any questions I’d be happy to answer - apart from that, I hope I’ll be able to leave some valuable contributions, as well as get to know all of you guys here London, Calling. Icon_smile

I like that you just walked in on them; that usually happens to me in record stores; welcome to the board
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

London, Calling. Empty
PostSubject: Re: London, Calling.   London, Calling. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Welcome, you will enjoy your stay here

Whats your favorite release from TGA?
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

London, Calling. Empty
PostSubject: Re: London, Calling.   London, Calling. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 5:10 pm

welcome to the board.

Streetcore or Global a Go Go?
Back to top Go down
Topher
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Topher

London, Calling. Empty
PostSubject: Re: London, Calling.   London, Calling. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:39 pm

I'm new here, myself, and from what I can tell, everyone is very friendly, and open to listen to your opinions. Welcome! And kudos for going to see the Boss at Hyde Park. That's awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://youkeepthediner.tumblr.com
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

London, Calling. Empty
PostSubject: Re: London, Calling.   London, Calling. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Hey. Smile
Back to top Go down
Perka
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Perka

London, Calling. Empty
PostSubject: Re: London, Calling.   London, Calling. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Welcome =)
Back to top Go down
AutumnMarie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AutumnMarie

London, Calling. Empty
PostSubject: Re: London, Calling.   London, Calling. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Thanks everyone, for the 'welcomes' Very Happy

JoshRaymond - I think for me, at the moment, it would be The '59 Sound. It was the first thing of theirs that I bought, so it was how I got to know the band in a sense. Sink or Swim regularly moves into first place every once in a while though. As for AS, it still hasn't arrived at my door, so I'm being patient until I give it a proper listen.

WingsForWheels - Tough question. I LOVE Global... because it doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is (as well as just being a really great album). But again, I was introduced to the Mescaleros via Streetcore, so my heart always remained with that. Every song on the album left you with something to think about, which I loved.
Back to top Go down
Perka
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Perka

London, Calling. Empty
PostSubject: Re: London, Calling.   London, Calling. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:12 pm

i like you´r love for Strummer! , have you seen the documentary "The Future is unwritten"? I recommend you to see it if you haven´t =)
Back to top Go down
AutumnMarie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AutumnMarie

London, Calling. Empty
PostSubject: Re: London, Calling.   London, Calling. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:18 pm

Perka wrote:
i like you´r love for Strummer! , have you seen the documentary "The Future is unwritten"? I recommend you to see it if you haven´t =)

I haven't seen it as of yet, but funnily enough I just went out and bought it this morning, so I'll have to try and get round to watching it this week Smile
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

London, Calling. Empty
PostSubject: Re: London, Calling.   London, Calling. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Hello!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

London, Calling. Empty
PostSubject: Re: London, Calling.   London, Calling. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

London, Calling.
Page 1 of 1