DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey! Philo, new member

Go down 
+3
Ryan
Daire
Philo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

Hey! Philo, new member Empty
PostSubject: Hey! Philo, new member   Hey! Philo, new member Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 5:01 pm

Well, names Philo (Tribute to Phil Lynnot) and im new to this site. Im 17 and live in Newry, Ireland. Big TGA fan for a while, have all 3 albums and Senor and The Queen.

Asides from TGA my musical taste includes Springsteen, Bob (and Jakob) Dylan, U2, The Clash, Joy Division and New Order and a lot of Irish artists. Basically will give anything a listen at least once though i count Rock, Punk, Folk and (kinda) Country as my main genres.

Asides from listening to music flat out i have a huge intrest in football/soccer, GAA, a do a bit of drawing though i wouldnt really say im brilliant at it(!). I do a bit of running and Ju-Jitsu. I have a huge intrest in Gaeilge, the Irish language.

Hopefully will see TGA in either Dublin or Belfast come November, im headin to Oxegen, a music festival over here that TGA did last year bu unfortunately they arent doing this year Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Philo, new member   Hey! Philo, new member Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Joy Division is awesome dude. Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Philo, new member   Hey! Philo, new member Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 6:04 pm

welcome to the site!
Back to top Go down
Ryan
A Contender
A Contender
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Philo, new member   Hey! Philo, new member Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 6:22 pm

Welcome! Nice to see the Irish fanbase growing!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Philo, new member   Hey! Philo, new member Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Nice music taste. Are you fan of Stiff Little Fingers? I think they're such an underrated but classic punk band.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Philo, new member   Hey! Philo, new member Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 7:04 pm

Yes! I love Stiff Little Fingers, Alternative Ulster is an anthem!

The Undertones and That Petrol Emotion as well
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Philo, new member   Hey! Philo, new member Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Awesome! I had plans to see U2 this summer also but as you probably know, Bono's back has postponed all of that.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Philo, new member   Hey! Philo, new member Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 7:54 pm

You sound like a cool chap!

I want do some martial art myself, jiu-jitsu or kickboxing or something (not that they are really alike, but you know =P), need to settle somewhere first though.

Enjoy your stay =)
Back to top Go down
Perka
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Perka

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Philo, new member   Hey! Philo, new member Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:42 am

The Clash, Stiff Little Fingers and Undertones, you seem to be pretty smart young man Wink

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Philo, new member   Hey! Philo, new member Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:17 pm

welcome dude
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Philo, new member   Hey! Philo, new member Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey! Philo, new member
Page 1 of 1