DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top TGA Live Shows?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NDTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Top TGA Live Shows? Empty
PostSubject: Top TGA Live Shows?   Top TGA Live Shows? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:10 am

Maybe there has been a similar post to this, but I was just wondering what would be considered the "top" or "essential" live shows of Gaslight's young career? I'm a huge Springsteen fan (as many others are) and on his boards they have a bootleg list called the "Top 55 Shows" (or something like that) which is pretty much a collection of shows that the fans have deemed to be the best performances/setlists/recordings/intangibles/etc and thus essential bootlegs... Passaic '78, Agora '78, Nassau NYE '80 etc

Thought it would be cool to get people's responses on what would be the best or "essential" Gaslight shows so far, either best setlists, best performances, or amazing "you had to be there for this" moments.

Just watching the Glastonbury set from '09 on YouTube and its absolutely incredible. Everything is just so tight plus it was one of the two times that Bruce joined them on stage, and it was in front of a huge crowd so they probably added a ton of fans that day... however the set is about 45 mins I think and only 8 songs long, so I don't know if it would be in the running for "top show."

Wondering what others opinions are on the top Gaslight shows so far?
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Top TGA Live Shows?   Top TGA Live Shows? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 am

off the top of my head i would say
the end of the year montclair show.
american slang release show @ irving
about every show at the pony.

but i am probably biased to the nj/ny shows since those are the ones that i go to as i am right on the border of ny and nj on the ny side.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Top TGA Live Shows?   Top TGA Live Shows? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:21 am

Yeah. The three shows on my "Wow I wish I were there" would be the Hyde Park show (or the Glasto show), the end of year show and the AS release show.

Overall, I'd probably also add the LA show where they first played T59S simply for what that song and record did for their career.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Top TGA Live Shows?   Top TGA Live Shows? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:31 am

wish i could've gone to:
nye with thursday and circa survive at starland
disgraceland house in philly
and the loved ones, the ergs!, gaslight tour they did in the beginning of 08
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Top TGA Live Shows?   Top TGA Live Shows? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:35 am

but my favs are the lanes, 59 sound rec release, and wellmont theatre
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top TGA Live Shows?   Top TGA Live Shows? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top TGA Live Shows?
Page 1 of 1