DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)

Go down 
+140
Dan164
labluedahlia
aldotheapache
Rose1991
ivienco
bootime
NotLikeWeBleed
battleborn
katechampagne
mwh
Jaws
grizzly-adamss
housie
maybemabel
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Jack
Anya_TGA
infoghost
Halfstepdown
kappanera
OldHaunts
Brookie
Camus
Thunder_Road
LeviLevi
saraM87
jonester
TomPytlos
beckiee1993
raclements
Hanswurst
wvmark73
Coma Girl
cjw744
33RPMHero
Handwritten
Stevearm
dumos
SinkOrSwim.
lorem_ipsum
Arctander
HolyBreakOfDay
LookOnTheBrightSide
tank_grrlblack
guitarguru145
EveryLittleSecret
matkins
juliacote
swannie35
bringiton_ty
Benny989
Shrewsbury_Stars
anchorsaway45
simo
Shorestyle69
Breanne
HighLonesome
keepsake
FelixMA
nomad677
MyRottingBrain
Debonair
Emusic
LaGuitarLady
JDaniels
redheadchick
ExitEnglish
Try Me
acousticbandit
Klown
kirstyt
Sinngh
saltandburn1967
DiamondSinatra
StitchesOnTheRadio
brianisbae
bringiton
outerheaven
Yozzy
NeverTrustAJunkie
njguy99
blakevbhc
rsj
CasanovaBaby90
YouCanCallMeSally
Heart_Strings
CASANOVA, BILLY!
SirPaco
Victoria Sweden
rgillies
daveycrabtree
JimmyB
TroubleHunter
Kosburn59
HorribleCrowe
PFREEZY
Erik Drost
IrishNameAndAnInjury
melissaannandthecool
Steve70s
plugga
Harbortown
ThisMachineKillsFascists
AlrightToDrive
Matilda Noir
eagles1139
Elsie
Christophe
Johnxazn
Daire
Reinvent good times
Gaslight23
StopAndSlideToTheRight
steph
Holland
IAmDisappeared
oh_megan
J.B.R.
thecosmickid
breakwhatbreaksyourheart
AlrightAlright
fullcollapse
ktp
dogsinginblues
steffuhnee
azlisa
GraveRobbers
loazis
Crockin
JJW319
TGAFAN25
dingle_basher
Shake Shake Senora
amberfoyd
SmilinSkullRing
Dillon15s
ShieldYourEyes
drifter69
Little Eden
mwillms1930
144 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:02 am

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 2701957a

I still need to get it touched up in a couple tiny places, but it's so inconsequential that I haven't got to it yet. I had it done in September. I don't think I could be any happier with it!
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:20 pm

nice one that's a nice way to do it actually
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:49 pm

nice one fullcollapse

guess you've been inspired by that very famous japanese oevre with the wave and the fuji-san in the background Wink
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 3:04 pm

Grazer wrote:
nice one fullcollapse

guess you've been inspired by that very famous japanese oevre with the wave and the fuji-san in the background Wink

Thank! I just brought the LP sleeve with me and gave the artist a rundown of what I was looking for. Specifically, the words exactly as they appeared on the cover art, and "waves in some form." He said that for him, personally, he liked the Hokusai waves mores than the exact ones on the cover, but it was still a minimal difference. I told him to take the sharpie to my arm and see what he could come up with, and I'd see from there. I absolutely fell in love with it immediately.

I had originally planned on it being rather small, but once the rough draft was drawn, I couldn't imagine it any other way.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:51 pm

yeah it's been done really well. these things always work out larger than your originally thought! hehe. always worth it though!
Back to top Go down
AlrightAlright
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Tattoo Done by Mike at Under My Skin Tattoos in Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey.

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Downsize-56
Back to top Go down
breakwhatbreaksyourheart
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
breakwhatbreaksyourheart

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Photo97

...its not finished hence the big space in between the banner. and the girl is from the tumbling dice record but i decided to add a spin and mix up her hair so i didnt copy it completely. i cant wait to get it finished!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=755142136
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:54 pm

That one's really cool!
Back to top Go down
breakwhatbreaksyourheart
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
breakwhatbreaksyourheart

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:22 pm

thank you! it's one of my favorite tga lines
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=755142136
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:29 pm

looks fab! can't wait to see it finished Smile
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:16 am

I'm happy to say that Gaslight tattoo #2 will be happening to me at 3pm this Sunday!

I drew a design but I gave my guy the go ahead to rework it a bit to make it look better. It will incorporate the "we sing with our heroes" lyric, The Hold Steady, and the boat and waves from this: https://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z101/the_cautioners/99346667.jpg

He got REALLY excited about how the waves look and he was thrilled when I said I'd love to have mine look just like them.

It'll take up the inside of my left forearm and it'll most likely wrap around a bit as well. Might be pretty big! As a bonus, my friend is going in with me to get his Gaslight work finished at the same time. We might be a little TOO happy about it, but oh well! Simultaneous Gaslight tattoos!

Pictures will happen as soon as I get home on Sunday. I'll snap some before I get bandaged up. I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:25 pm

that sounds so cool. I really like the waves in that picture.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Yeah, I love them. I thought they'd be too weird to do but he got excited about it and asked if I'd want them like that. I'm so excited for this.
Back to top Go down
oh_megan
A Contender
A Contender
oh_megan

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:44 pm

looks amazing! and I'm so happy that someones got the tumbling dice inspried tattoo in nearly the same place as me! I'm getting mine more like the cover though with the city and the gaslight anthem. only 18 days to go :3
Back to top Go down
http://ohmeganfallon.tumblr.com
IAmDisappeared
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IAmDisappeared

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Some nice stuff on here.

I've decided a Gaslight tat is gonna be next for me, just gotta decide what design to go for through. Got some Bruce and Frank Turner ink so naturally Gaslight are next. This ones gonna be a key player in the sleeve so I need to come up with something good. I'm leaning towards the Sink or Swim theme with the waves, gonna work it out in the next couple of months.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:57 pm

As someone who does not have any tatoos i am unaware of the whole process? how do you come up with a design ? are you shown what the final product is likely to look like? please explain.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:12 am

You can always draw up a design you want and get it exactly, or do what I did and give it to your artist to play with and see what he or she can draw based on it, or you can go to the artist with only a vague idea of what you want - they're usually experts at ideas. For example, my tattoo that you see in my icon here, I went in one evening with the Sink or Swim LP sleeve, said I wanted some waves and the "Sink or Swim" text exactly how it was on the sleeve. I am in love with the design.

You ALWAYS know what it will look like before they ink anything on you. In the case of the SoS one, he scanned the sleeve and printed the text in... transfer ink. I'm not sure what the technical name is for it or if there is one. It's on thin paper and when it's laid down on damn skin, the ink (washable) sticks to the skin. This is basically a stencil. Since I didn't know how I wanted things to look, he sketched the waves out on me with a marker. I loved it, and I went with it. Had I not liked it we would have washed it off and started over.

With my new tattoo, I'll go in on Sunday and he'll likely have a drawing of what he thought up for me. If I like it, he'll print it out on that thin paper with the transfer ink. This is always a mirror image, too, so it's correct once the ink is transferred to the skin. After it's transferred on there I'll be able to look it over, make sure I like the placement, ask friends for opinions, etc. Once I'm truly happy with the design and placement, he'll start the tattoo, using the transfer ink as an outline to go by.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:07 am

dogsinginblues wrote:
2 days old. Simple script. I dig it. What do you think?

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 76769_11

i like that.
it's simple but it's something that you can sort of live by your whole life.
i mean the quote, not the pit hair.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:30 am

Cool thanks fullcollapse, i really want to get one this year , pretty much want to cover my upper left arm so i imagine it will be quite a dense design.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 2:47 am

Here we go!

Two hours exactly. I have always wondered what my limit would be before pain/laying motionless got to be too much. Answer: 2 hours. ha. The first half was incredible, but then we took a break so he could go have a smoke and I could pee and that "woke me up" completely and it was very unpleasant from there on out, for the coloring. But I managed.

This was taken right after it was finished and cleaned off, so there's some blood making the colors slightly odd. It also doesn't capture the whole thing, so please accept the grainy/bloody iphone picture from when I took the bandage off, to give an idea of what the whole thing looks like.

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Tumblr_lhnwl1lPYg1qze2o0o1_500
Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Tumblr_lho9rm84HZ1qze2o0o1_500

I am so happy with this. The little boat and waves are absolutely perfect, and I am THRILLED.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 6:26 am

That is absolutely AWESOME! I salute you.
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 6:34 am

fullcollapse wrote:
Here we go!

Two hours exactly. I have always wondered what my limit would be before pain/laying motionless got to be too much. Answer: 2 hours. ha. The first half was incredible, but then we took a break so he could go have a smoke and I could pee and that "woke me up" completely and it was very unpleasant from there on out, for the coloring. But I managed.

This was taken right after it was finished and cleaned off, so there's some blood making the colors slightly odd. It also doesn't capture the whole thing, so please accept the grainy/bloody iphone picture from when I took the bandage off, to give an idea of what the whole thing looks like.

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Tumblr_lhnwl1lPYg1qze2o0o1_500
Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Tumblr_lho9rm84HZ1qze2o0o1_500

I am so happy with this. The little boat and waves are absolutely perfect, and I am THRILLED.

That is really cool, the idea works really well together!

My first tattoo is going to take 2 hours, you have made me a bit more nervous now haha, however i am not having colour, mine is just going to be black and grey. I can't wait to get it done though, unfortunately i have to wait until may 16th as that is the earliest the tattooist can do it
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 am

Sweet looking tat
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:57 am

Looks great, loving the Hold Steady logo in it. When I get my tatoo I plan to incorperate two bands in one design.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next