DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AM Taxi

Go down 
+8
thecosmickid
JoshRaymond
SouthJerseyTGA
CluckyB
Stevearm
Tobi
PFREEZY
Jukebox Romeo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:08 am

No, not a taxi for Against Me! I just heard these guys' single "Fed Up" today and it caught my attention in a huge way. Further exploration into their music has introduced me to a wealth of very good songs, such as every single one on their new album, "We Don't Stand a Chance", which is released today on iTunes (for only $6.99) and on June 8th on the streets. It is currently available to stream on their MySpace: www.myspace.com/amtaxi

I guess they're a punk band, kinda in the vein of Gaslight and The Loved Ones, in that there is a great deal of non-punk influence in their music. The band features former Lucky Boys Confusion singer Adam Krier. Here are the videos for two excellent songs, the aforementioned "Fed Up"and "The Mistake", both on their new album:

"Fed Up": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwr_qDRviE0&fmt=18
"The Mistake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P33W1WjlOg&fmt=18

Last edited by Jukebox Romeo on Tue May 18, 2010 2:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:31 am

they opened up for Billy Talent on their previous US tour
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:22 pm

I really don't like these guys. They are wannabe rockstars. All of their other bands have failed and now they are sucking on Virgins major label teat. Don't expect much substance or lasting power from them.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
Tobi
A Contender
A Contender

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:26 pm

If you wann hear something in the vein of The Loved Ones, check out The Artist Life ... http://www.myspace.com/theartistlife
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:38 pm

PFREEZY wrote:
I really don't like these guys. They are wannabe rockstars. All of their other bands have failed and now they are sucking on Virgins major label teat. Don't expect much substance or lasting power from them.
Well, I don't really know anything about these guys, but I do know they just made a pretty damn good album, one that's a hell of a lot better than most of the stuff being released these days, so they have my support for that.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:37 pm

Wow when the video for Fed Up first started I didn't really expect much, but once they started playing I was surprised, pretty good band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 2:55 am

Giving these guys a bump. Their album is one of my favorites of this year and it has a Loved Ones level of SoS era gaslight vibe. I think they'd be a great opening band choice for a future gaslight tour. But like, their album has a reference to The Sandlot (which also happens to be one of the better tracks on the album), whats not to love?
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:43 am

F AM Taxi!

When I saw Civil Twilight w/ Company of Thieves in the winter at the Troc, these guys opened for them.

I actually was digging them until my buddy and I met their Manager...Between Company of Thieves set and Civil Twilight's, we started talking to this dude who asked us how we likedn Am Taxi. He said he was their manager. We told them that we thought they were a poor-man's gaslight anthem. That they were "Ok". Worth seeing, but not anything special.

I guessed that pissed him off cause he went on to say that everyone in Gaslight is a "Prick" and how they're not very talented..Which obviously is wrong on many levels. I've met the guys, their as down to earth as can be. Oh well, I guess we set him off. I
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:59 pm

What were the actual band members like? It would be a shame if they were as obnoxious as their mananger. No reason to be a hater in the music industry. Don't see why more bands don't realize their fans don't really like it when they are full of themselves and act like jerks to other people in the industry.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:25 pm

dont like these guys at all
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 5:35 am

JoshRaymond wrote:
dont like these guys at all

I second that, they feel kinda fake. However I've only listened to two songs...
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:38 pm

I´ve recently checked them out,in my opinion they are pretty good. I like especially their songs Fed Up and Maydays and Rosaries.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:01 pm

SouthJerseyTGA wrote:
F AM Taxi!

When I saw Civil Twilight w/ Company of Thieves in the winter at the Troc, these guys opened for them.

I actually was digging them until my buddy and I met their Manager...Between Company of Thieves set and Civil Twilight's, we started talking to this dude who asked us how we likedn Am Taxi. He said he was their manager. We told them that we thought they were a poor-man's gaslight anthem. That they were "Ok". Worth seeing, but not anything special.

I guessed that pissed him off cause he went on to say that everyone in Gaslight is a "Prick" and how they're not very talented..Which obviously is wrong on many levels. I've met the guys, their as down to earth as can be. Oh well, I guess we set him off. I

So you were digging them and then told their manager you thought they were okay? Which was it?
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 7:57 am

Well just discovered them today.

I am really digging their sound right now, but i'm seconing what others on here said: They feel kinda fake and i don't really like this wannebe-boygroup-vibe i get from their videos.

Good music - Bad image. I think ill have to give them more time to convince me Smile
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 10:44 am

"Fake"? What are you guys even talking about?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AM Taxi Empty
PostSubject: Re: AM Taxi   AM Taxi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AM Taxi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: