DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lightning In A Bottle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Novella
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Novella

Lightning In A Bottle Empty
PostSubject: Lightning In A Bottle   Lightning In A Bottle Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 12:56 am

I've been on a real Blues kick lately. I came across this film called Lighning In A Bottle, that as I type this I just put on pause. I'm only 9:39 into an almost 2 hour movie but I had to come here and tell everyone to watch this. Its directed by Antoine Fuqua, who I've not heard of but also on board is Martin Scorcese who I'm sure quite a few people know of. It was filmed at Radio City Music Hall in NYC in 2003 i believe ( I could be wrong on the year) to celebrate 100 years of blues. The first "act" or song completely blew me away and is one of the most amazing pieces of music I have ever heard. I won't get to much into this, I actually want to go back and watch the rest right now. If your into blues, soul, are getting into, hell if your not into it at all but want to give it a shot do whatever you have to do and see this film. I found it on Itunes (usa) and it was $10 , i know $10 but 10 minutes in and its some of the best stuff I've ever heard. If you've seen it or after your see it let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

Lightning In A Bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lightning In A Bottle   Lightning In A Bottle Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:02 am

Just looked it up. Mavis Staples and Buddy Guy? I gotta check this out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000

Lightning In A Bottle
Page 1 of 1