DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poll: Favorite track from American Slang...

Go down 
+40
amberfoyd
brianisbae
Reinvent good times
A_Note_And_A_Rose
Luca Chinaski
azlisa
redinthemorning
MCStevepants
CluckyB
NDTGA
IKeeptheDiner
massie1903
40 Miler
19thirty
steph
Johnny99
SheaPaddyPower
sidekicksuicide
cockypessimist
Turn the Casanova On
4th St Payphone
kcdc
Holland
borrowedcar
Jack
Jeff
Ryan
JoshRaymond
colmillionaire
Chris
Little Eden
rhg5010
loazis
curly
vamike
simo
Maureen973
RobertODonnell
Palmer89
stephendgaf
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Favorite track from American Slang?
American Slang
Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 7 ]
Stay Lucky
Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 18 ]
Bring It On
Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 64 ]
The Diamond Church Street Choir
Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 57 ]
The Queen Of Lower Chelsea
Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 13 ]
Orphans
Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 29 ]
Boxer
Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 31 ]
Old Haunts
Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 34 ]
The Spirit Of Jazz
Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 34 ]
We Did It When We Were Young
Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 305

AuthorMessage
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll: Favorite track from American Slang...   Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:25 pm

spirit of jazz and then boxer. Not nearly as much love for boxer as i would have thought on the board?
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Favorite track from American Slang...   Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:05 pm

I love them all, but Orphans is my favorite. I love that chord progression, and the lyrics are amazing, and I feel like I can really relate to that song. The clothes I wore just don't fit my soul anymore...

But it's so hard to say, I think, because they're all so great.
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Favorite track from American Slang...   Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:34 pm

bring it on, and it is in the lead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
wonderson189
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
wonderson189

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Favorite track from American Slang...   Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Old Haunts my definite favorite. When we were young, boxer, Bring it on all these are tied for second with all the others right behind it.
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Favorite track from American Slang...   Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:02 am

I have changed my favorite song off of "American Slang" a couple of times now, but after about 6 months and a million listens to the album, I feel pretty certain selecting "orphans" as my #1 favorite now. Even though I could still see "orphans" possibly being my favorite "AS" song a year (or even 5yrs.) from now, I certainly would never make a promise or guarantee, as there are other great songs that I have ranked up there close with "orphans", such as "boxer" and "bring it on"!!! Depending on possible influences, slight changes in my musical taste, etc., it is hard to say what my favorite song may be in the future, which I believe to be an indicator of how damn good the album is!

One thing I have to say......and I've said it before.......I absolutely can NOT believe "the diamond church street choir" is so many's #1 favorite off of the album! By no means am I saying it is a bad song (there are none on this album), but if I had to pick, I would probably choose it and "american slang" as being my two least favorites tracks (I still don't skip them though, or any songs off of the album).
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Favorite track from American Slang...   Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:38 am

DCSC is really a really fun song, I'm not surprised people like it so much.

I don't really see the Orphans love to be honest. It isn't a bad song, but its a fairly generic gaslight anthem punk-tinged rocker. Same goes for Stay Lucky -- they are still good songs, but they aren't different in an awesome way like Bring it On, TQOLC (Speaking of which, how does it have so few votes? While The Spirit of Jazz might be my personal favorite, TQOLC feels like it could be a classic in 20 years.), DCSC or WDIWWWY and they have the level of perfection TSOJ or Boxer does (at least in my mind).

I'm still not a huge Old Haunts or American Slang fan, but I'd rather see them try something else and have it come out a little weak then just keep doing what they're used to and produce another solid song. Because trying something else really worked for 4/6 songs.

edit: interestingly enough, TQOLC beat out Boxer, Old Haunts, Stay Lucky and WDIWWWY in the top 25 song poll. So I guess a lot of people like it, they just don't favorite it.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Favorite track from American Slang...   Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:53 pm

The Spirit of Jazz! The chorus is so damn catchy and I love it everytime how Brian sings the rotten bones line. Probably my fav part on as. And for me this song has the most "sos" roots after Orphans.
Back to top Go down
gp
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gp

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Favorite track from American Slang...   Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:32 am

Orphans
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll: Favorite track from American Slang...   Poll: Favorite track from American Slang... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll: Favorite track from American Slang...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3