DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner

Go down 
+29
MyFirstSin
funkymonk450
JJW319
CluckyB
borrowedcar
steffuhnee
Johnny99
sidekicksuicide
MCStevepants
Prisoner
liveit
hostutca
LBAZ
jhu
fools_gold
landan101
Vibes
laurendelore
stephendgaf
kieran
xstevenbx
bantha
thekid5591
Stalls_Standing
PatientFabiWheel
JoshRaymond
Jukebox Romeo
e7c
Matt Days
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 2:23 am

You're probably right. It kinda bums me out :'(
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:27 pm

well, apparently they played We're Getting a Divorce last night, along with Contender, 1930, Angry Johnny, and We Came To Dance, so at least they're keeping the SoS songs around a little bit longer
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:30 pm

that's nice to hear
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:25 pm

well, after watching the video, it appears that this was the final performance of this song. the video starts with brian saying "maybe...forever. we're gonna play it once, for you guys, and that's it. no more. this is it."

then some guy tries to hand him a beer, and he says "I don't drink, you gotta give it to him (Alex L). i got coca cola". so i guess it's confirmed that he doesn't drink. and he called beer "Jersey champagne" which i thought was funny

also, very good final performance of this song. i'm thinking in the future, the only SoS songs they might bust out will be We Came To Dance, Angry Johnny, or possibly Drive or 1930 if you're lucky. but he even played 1930 with standard chords at this show, even though it's one of their most punk songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Hnay_R0uM&feature=channel

dude put up 12 songs from the show, pretty good quality
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 1:10 am

fuck. now i'm bummed again. these videos are pretty good quality though.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:02 am

Oh well at least I got up on stage and sang part of this with Brian and a bunch of other lads at the London show. Still kinda bummed though. But you can understand them leaning towards the newer material as thats what is getting them known and bigger and bigger.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:49 pm

Yeah, they didn't play this at the Mad Hatter show, I'm pretty upset about it, especially if they really never play it again, one of my favs for sure.
Back to top Go down
laurendelore
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
laurendelore

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:29 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
well, after watching the video, it appears that this was the final performance of this song. the video starts with brian saying "maybe...forever. we're gonna play it once, for you guys, and that's it. no more. this is it."

then some guy tries to hand him a beer, and he says "I don't drink, you gotta give it to him (Alex L). i got coca cola". so i guess it's confirmed that he doesn't drink. and he called beer "Jersey champagne" which i thought was funny

also, very good final performance of this song. i'm thinking in the future, the only SoS songs they might bust out will be We Came To Dance, Angry Johnny, or possibly Drive or 1930 if you're lucky. but he even played 1930 with standard chords at this show, even though it's one of their most punk songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Hnay_R0uM&feature=channel

dude put up 12 songs from the show, pretty good quality

Whattt Sad That's a bummer. This is one of my favorite songs!
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:34 pm

yeah, definitely. i love how they play it live too. there's so much energy, and brian gets pissed off when he starts singing it. his voice is nice and angry as he sings the first two verses
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:55 pm

Last night in Asbury Park 1930 was listed as second to last on the set list and they didn't play it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:54 am

that sucks. wonder why not? that seems like it'll be one of the few from SoS that they'll still play for a while. it is pretty much straight up punk though
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:55 am

I thought 1930, Woody, Johnny, We Came To Dance

Would be the ones that stuck around, Drive too
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:23 am

they play Drive in soundcheck usually
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
landan101
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:15 am

concerning were getting a divorce, i always thought the song was about individuallity, to me at least, since it opens with zombies, and closes with
" its alright man, im only beeding man, stay hungry stay free and do the best you can"
kinda like if you were a zombie, to go against what your supposed to do ( staying hungry) and do what you want ( the best you can)
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:32 pm

speaking to Brian last night after the show apparently the reason they dropped divorce completely was because every time they played it people got hurt.
Back to top Go down
fools_gold
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:43 pm

Never got Divorce. Played Drive twice and both times ended on Say I Won't
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:10 pm

"Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can"

"Stay Hungry"-Twisted Sister
"Stay Free"-The Clash

i think the Clash one is reasonable, but the Twisted Sister one seems like a stretch. what are the odds Brian's a huge Twisted Sister fan?
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:40 pm

I'll ask him if I see him on Sunday haha
Back to top Go down
jhu
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 8:14 pm

I'm ok with them not playing this song anymore, because every time I hear it now I only think of the guy on YouTube playing air guitar to it. That kind of ruined the song for me.
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:27 am

Haha! I know exactly what you are talking about. The even funnier thing is, the guy is so serious about it all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:05 pm

I just looked it up now, had never heard of it before. I watched it for 27 seconds then turned it off...
Back to top Go down
hostutca
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:33 pm

Tomaldo wrote:
I just looked it up now, had never heard of it before. I watched it for 27 seconds then turned it off...

The song or the air-guitar?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cnotemu
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:58 pm

All things considered though, that guy has a great headband.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:37 pm

I give the guy credit. He's got disabilities and challenges that many of us don't. If he's passionate about music and expresses it by playing air guitar, who are we to judge. I think it's cool. Assuming we're all talking about the same video.....
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:57 pm

dude likes some good music, i'll give him that. and i think his videos are hilarious. i've probly watched at least 10 of them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner   We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next