DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bonjour mes amis. :)

Go down 
+2
billy pilgrim
efofex
6 posters
AuthorMessage
efofex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
efofex

Bonjour mes amis. :) Empty
PostSubject: Bonjour mes amis. :)   Bonjour mes amis. :) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:02 pm

I've made a couple of posts here and there, but I figure i should introduce myself.

I'm not from France, but I've taken three years of French.
I'm actually from Southern California.
I've only been able to see the Gaslight Anthem live once. :[
I found this site through their myspace.
I like the smell of books, old or new.
I have a love/hate relationship with nuclear chemistry.
This one time, I thought I saw David Cross at my school but then I wondered why David Cross would be at my school looking at community service opportunities. Turns out it wasn't him at all.

Oh, and no one ever understands my username. efofex = ef of ex = f(x).
Dorky? Probably.
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour mes amis. :)   Bonjour mes amis. :) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:13 pm

heeello

One time I thought I saw Michael J. Fox at my school. Turned out it was just a substitute teacher that looked a hell of a lot like him. Pretty much everyone called him Marty McFly or Michael-J-Fox-Substitute instead of whatever his name was.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour mes amis. :)   Bonjour mes amis. :) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:03 pm

yo
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour mes amis. :)   Bonjour mes amis. :) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:44 am

Bienvenue efofex - nous sommes content de t'avoir parmi nous.

Une question: que-ce-que c'est 'f(x)'? Je suis nul en mathematique!

A tantot -

chris
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
efofex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
efofex

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour mes amis. :)   Bonjour mes amis. :) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:10 am

Kropotkin wrote:
Bienvenue efofex - nous sommes content de t'avoir parmi nous.

Une question: que-ce-que c'est 'f(x)'? Je suis nul en mathematique!

A tantot -

chris

Merci pour la salutation.

I would answer the next part in French, but frankly, my third year was pretty useless. We danced and ate a lot (an entire class period was dedicated to making smoothies for some reason).

f(x) is the value of f at x. It's another name for y, but f(x) gives you more flexibility. You see, the domain of a function consists of the values of x for which the function is defined. The range of the function would be the values of f(x) where x is in the domain of f. Basically, f(x) is the output from the function f when the input is x. Now, i'm not the greatest at explaining math terms, so i'll show you an example.

Suppose f(x) = x + 2. And you were to find f(3).
f(3) = 3 + 2 = 5!

Sure, functions sound inapplicable to your daily life, but it does! Like say you wanted to become the first person to fly around the world in a balloon or something. Based on your average speed (say it's 97 km/hr), the distance you travel can be calculated by distance = 97*time in hours you've traveled. Then with the information of the minimum amount you'd have to travel (i don't know, 26000 km, let's say), you could totally calculate the domain and range and determine if you set the record or not.

Gosh, I am such a nerd. I think it was my Trig teacher that made me such a math nerd with his hilarious comments. He always used to say, "Prime factoring is the key to all of life's problems. When your boyfriend dumps you, prime factor." But then my love of math totally ended when I got to calculus.

I'm really sorry, that was a lot to read for such a simple question. Forgive me? Sad
Back to top Go down
lhdez
A Contender
A Contender
lhdez

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour mes amis. :)   Bonjour mes amis. :) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:35 am

I might need you for some calc homework in the future. Stick around.
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour mes amis. :)   Bonjour mes amis. :) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:41 am

efofex wrote:

Forgive me? Sad

I would if I had any inclination for math! I don't have the brain for it. I am a linguistic nerd, more precisely an etymology nerd. We are all nerds really in one way or another. Welcome!

Do you have a fav TGA song? I am hooked on High Lonesome these days ;-)
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
efofex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
efofex

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour mes amis. :)   Bonjour mes amis. :) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:40 am

lhdez wrote:
I might need you for some calc homework in the future. Stick around.

Hah. Sure, if you're comfortable getting calculus help from a high schooler (but I'm capable of forming complete sentences! Some of my peers can't do that!). Oh, I should mention that in my introduction. I'm still in high school. I'm still willing to help though. Smile As long as it's Calc I for now, I'm taking Calc II second semester outside of school because it didn't fit into my schedule.

Kropotkin wrote:
I would if I had any inclination for math! I
don't have the brain for it. I am a linguistic nerd, more precisely an
etymology nerd. We are all nerds really in one way or another. Welcome!

Do you have a fav TGA song? I am hooked on High Lonesome these days ;-)

Aw, that's neat though! You don't see many people with an etymology nerdom. Have you read Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson? It’s an academic history of the English language. I would highly recommend it. (Though I wish I could say I'm good at Literature analysis, but this weekend I stared at a blank word document for about 6 hours trying to ponder Benjy's role in the Compson family in the Sound and the Fury.)

As for favorite song, ooh that's a toughie. These days, I've been playing Here's Looking at You, Kid A LOT.

I'm sorry, I also talk a lot. :[
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour mes amis. :)   Bonjour mes amis. :) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:24 am

For shizzles another math-lete!

I was the vice president of my colleges math club (true nerd core!), so when I read your name I instantly thought of the equation, and wondered if you knew that phonetically it spelled out function of x...

remember, f(x)=cx^n(dx) is just (n*c)x^(n-1) that is all you need to know to get through calc in high school... and maybe integrals too... oh and your special cases like six(x)dx is cos(x), but cos(x)dx is -sin(x) and what not.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour mes amis. :)   Bonjour mes amis. :) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:25 am

und je'mapple echo six charlie

cava?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour mes amis. :)   Bonjour mes amis. :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonjour mes amis. :)
Page 1 of 1