DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To download, or not to download...

Go down 
+11
Izzy Eviel
simo
thecosmickid
rhg5010
Palmer89
Reinvent good times
RobertODonnell
JoshRaymond
I Came To Dance
Ryan
Little Eden
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

To download, or not to download... Empty
PostSubject: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Okay,
So I'm guilty of already downloading (and exhausting) both AS & BIO, but I'm conflicted as to whether or not I want to download all of AS before June 15th To download, or not to download... Icon_neutral

How many other people don't want to be spoiled?
Back to top Go down
Ryan
A Contender
A Contender
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:18 pm

I didn't. Until I was taken over by all the excitment tonight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
I Came To Dance
A Contender
A Contender
I Came To Dance

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:21 pm

I did it without hesitating, haha. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:23 pm

no hesitation on my part either, im going to buy prob several copies of it when it comes out so i consider it ok
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Yeah, considering this will probably be the first album I legitimately buy, I don't feel so bad about downloading.

Last edited by Harry Lime on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:26 pm

got to try before you buy
Back to top Go down
Ryan
A Contender
A Contender
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:27 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:
got to try before you buy

Haha, that's my philosophy!

I'm not worried about downloading it for the legal reasons as I'll definately but it. It's more that I like having the actual album in my possesion whilst listening to it. Couldn't resist with this though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:43 pm

I listened to the entire album once. Thats it, gonna wait till I have the actual CD and the booklet in my hand
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:56 pm

I still haven't listened to anything. I'm saving myself for June 15. The other 36 songs (inclu TCM) will keep me occupied. BUt I love reading what people have to say about it.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:00 pm

you should give in
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:06 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:
you should give in

peer pressure! haha
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:08 pm

come on everyone is doing it
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:14 pm

Downloading now, will listen a bit later on.

Whether I'll delete it after I'm not sure, I'll only want to listen again and cave in to re-downloading it.
Back to top Go down
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:16 pm

Even if I wanted to try that 2 listen system, which isn't a bad idea, The Spirit Of Jazz merits a whole lot more than just 2 listens.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:21 pm

Second listen, this is just great...
Back to top Go down
jzancan

PostSubject: Where?   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:29 pm

Where can we download the album from?

I'm with a few of the other posters--I'm going to buy this album regardless of if I listen to it now. I did the same thing with The 59 Sound (heard it on youtube before I bought it).
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Somehow when I sat down at my computer I had a feeling that it had leaked. I had debated about downloading it or not, but I decided that was dumb, so I did. Of course I'll buy it.
Back to top Go down
Izzy Eviel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:47 pm

I was gonna be one of these people who wait til it's released in the shops. Then someone posted a link on Tumblr. Downloaded straight away.

It'll be worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Izzyeviel
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:54 pm

[quote="simo"]Somehow when I sat down at my computer I had a feeling that it had leaked. I had debated about downloading it or not, but I decided that was dumb, so I did. Of course I'll buy it.[/quote]

Hahahah. Dude I had the same feeling. I got off my computer to go on a bike ride but then I decided to go on the gaslight forum cause I had a feeling a should. haha
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:07 am

AHH!!!! I am so conflicted!
Back to top Go down
Greydiamonddesert
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Greydiamonddesert

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:14 am

The last album I was this excited for was the Gutter Twins album two years ago and waited till I got it in the mail to listen. I'm more conflicted on this album but I'm gonna try to hold out. I'm satisfied right now with Bring It On and the fervor here will die down in a few days. Its real rewarding to be able to listen to a physical copy with all the art. Stay strong Little Eden.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:20 am

Okay, my best friend and I just made a pact not to be spoiled anymore and to listen to American Slang when it comes out in June.
Hopefully I can keep my promise...hopefully
Back to top Go down
JerseyDevil
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
JerseyDevil

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:38 am

Alright, sorry to play devil's advocate, but I downloaded the album today and am so glad that I did. I was very impressed and think they made a great album. I will of course be purchasing a physical copy in June but this literally made my day
Back to top Go down
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:41 am

Okay, my best friend and I just made a pact not to be spoiled anymore and to listen to American Slang when it comes out in June.
Hopefully I can keep my promise...hopefully

just like hearts, promises were made to be broken. sometimes in life you have to be a little selfish and do things that make you happy....so what are you waiting for? just download it!!
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: To download, or not to download...   To download, or not to download... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:47 pm

downloaded.
listened.
loved.

it took me less than 24 hours to cave...but it was the best decision I've made in awhile.
Back to top Go down

To download, or not to download...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Discussion About The Band-
Jump to: