DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+49
JimmyB
IrishNameAndAnInjury
I am Incinerator
The Angry Johnny Revue
Philo
Phil Rockabill
drifter69
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Harbortown
LuceroDiehard
Casey
The Boxer
brianisbae
Templeton
efofex
ThisMachineKillsFascists
plugga
ForgottenGhosts
colmillionaire
Holland
Henriflame
JJW319
amberfoyd
PFREEZY
loazis
Jaywalk
Bea
fullcollapse
Perka
Pants
Forum Owner
Daggar Slade
Johnny99
kieran
steph
tdawg
Jukebox Romeo
simo
Daire
Mandacarallo!
Snap
ktp
koolmcr
Stevearm
Refused
Garish
e7c
billy pilgrim
JoshRaymond
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:10 pm

plugga wrote:
I'm writing it in english and I'm getting all the languages mixed up when I speak with my parents and it's weird hahaha

That reminds me of when I was teaching the youngest kid I nanny for how to count. I also gave her frequent Spanish lessons, and she would tend to count one, dos, tres, four, cinco, six, and so on. She's five now, so that was a long time ago...sigh.

As for Mrs. Doubtfire, I have probably seen that movie 100 times! I love the scene at the restaurant where he has to keep changing and going from table to table. I'm laughing just thinking about it! (Dude looks like a lady!)
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:04 pm

>that feel when I just lawyered the bassist of my all time favorite band on their internet forum

Spam - Page 25 B5Oh3
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:44 pm

well Today=another paycheck. Also noticed...I have been here for one year as of today...wow time flys
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:33 pm

I can watch this ALL DAY LONG. I love you
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:54 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury, do you have a picture of yourself posted in the picture thread?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:15 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
plugga wrote:
I'm writing it in english and I'm getting all the languages mixed up when I speak with my parents and it's weird hahaha

That reminds me of when I was teaching the youngest kid I nanny for how to count. I also gave her frequent Spanish lessons, and she would tend to count one, dos, tres, four, cinco, six, and so on. She's five now, so that was a long time ago...sigh.

As for Mrs. Doubtfire, I have probably seen that movie 100 times! I love the scene at the restaurant where he has to keep changing and going from table to table. I'm laughing just thinking about it! (Dude looks like a lady!)

ahaha I'm glad no one saw my last russian exam because I kept saying JA instead of DA and I don't even study german. My brain, y'all.

my favorite part is when he puts his face in the cake and then he makes tea, lol :albino:
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:48 am

You know Russian? Awesome.

What languages do you speak? And everyone else.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:08 am

italian (WELL OF COURSE), english, french, russian (well a bit, I need practice : ( ).
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:47 am

loazis wrote:

English and Irish/Gaeilge. I'm doing Irish in uni at the moment because I want to become fluent in it, love it to bits haha

We did French and Spainish for 2 years in school, hated both of them, never tried but kinda wish i did now
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:59 am

I speak Dutch fluently, English on a very proficient level, I can understand German and make myself understandable in it if I really had to and my French is very, veeeeery basic.

I was thinking about taking a beginner's course in Chinese some time this year. It's insanely difficult but I think it's cool and it'll keep me occupied. Won't hurt too much either putting it on my resume either I assume.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:04 am

yeah I can understand spanish too but I'm crap at speaking since I dropped it after three months. err.
I want to learn Japanese so bad but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Well I an understand Spanish. I speak english (first Language), and Musician
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Harbortown wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury, do you have a picture of yourself posted in the picture thread?

Haha, nope! I have an aversion to being in front of cameras. I'm always the girl that throws her hands up in front of her face whenever anyone yells, "Say cheese!" I always thought that was a stupid expression. Smile
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:39 pm

loazis wrote:
You know Russian? Awesome.

Other than English, I understand Spanish pretty well and speak it ok, but not as good as I should after taking it for six years in school. I didn't use it enough afterwards and lost some of it. I'm so impressed at all of the languages you guys speak!

Very cool that you're studying Irish, Philo! Irish is one of the most interesting languages I have ever heard. Very beautiful.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:04 pm

Fluent in English, Swiss German & German, basic french (6 years of it at school).
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:06 pm

How is 6 years of french basic!!! Haha
By the way I do study foreign languages at university and I'm trying to become an interpreter so here's my excuse with this obsession, I wanted to learn yiddish (!) A year ago because I heard it and it sounded so good haha
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:15 pm

I can speak gibberish Very Happy haha it was great when I was younger because it was that secret girl language thing, I knew everything they were saying. Other than that nope,

its very interesting because it seems like most Europeans learn a second language like its nothing. Its like impossible for Americans(on average) to learn it that easily, my guess its because Europe is emmersed in a culture of different languages.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:20 pm

(I also taught myself a bit of icelandic when I was 15, I am a psychopath as you can see)

I think europeans are kinda "forced" to learn other languages, it's not like I can speak italian everywhere Razz. Maybe it's difficult for you because most of european languages are romance languages, it's easier for me to learn french than it is for a german/english person because of the grammar Smile
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:21 pm

i speak Spanish (first language), French (second language) and English (third), and i can understand Portuguese and very basic Italian.

i speak these languages because i went to an European School, which is basically a big school where classes are divided by language, so there will be the Spanish section, the German section and so on, so we got used to having and hearing and speaking more than our first language since we were 5
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Bea wrote:
i speak Spanish (first language), French (second language) and English (third), and i can understand Portuguese and very basic Italian.

i speak these languages because i went to an European School, which is basically a big school where classes are divided by language, so there will be the Spanish section, the German section and so on, so we got used to having and hearing and speaking more than our first language since we were 5

That's really neat. It's much easier to learn languages as a young child than as a teenager or an adult, so that sounds like a great system. The only experience I have had like that in America was bilingual classrooms in California (Spanish and English) when I was growing up. It's politically controversial here, but from personal experience I think it's fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:46 pm

Very cool that you're studying Irish, Philo! Irish is one of the most interesting languages I have ever heard. Very beautiful.

Thanks, yeah its something I'm really passionate about because only under 10% of the population here can actually speak it fluently and I think thats horrible that theres such a disregard for our own language, but theres been a huge Gaelic Revival in the past 20yrs or so.

I'm just studying it cause its all i really want to do - be fluent. I know fine rightly its not a degree I'm likely to get a job out of (unless i go down the teaching route, not a chance of that tho! :L) but i'm doing what i love haha
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:59 pm

I can speak English fluently (although with a very thick New Zealand accent so it only just counts.) Have also been doing French in school for a few years.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Philo wrote:

Thanks, yeah its something I'm really passionate about because only under 10% of the population here can actually speak it fluently and I think thats horrible that theres such a disregard for our own language, but theres been a huge Gaelic Revival in the past 20yrs or so.

I'm just studying it cause its all i really want to do - be fluent. I know fine rightly its not a degree I'm likely to get a job out of (unless i go down the teaching route, not a chance of that tho! :L) but i'm doing what i love haha

Hey, don't knock teaching! Wink It can be very rewarding, but it's definitely not for everyone. Speaking as a teacher, people get much more out of an education if they love what they're learning, so keep at it! I'm sure you'll find a cool way to use everything you are learning.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:52 pm

Hey, don't knock teaching! Wink It can be very rewarding, but it's definitely not for everyone. Speaking as a teacher, people get much more out of an education if they love what they're learning, so keep at it! I'm sure you'll find a cool way to use everything you are learning.

I'm not knocking it, its just not for me, no patience! Razz My da and my aunt are both teachers, its just not something I want to do!

And because I'm doing Irish everyone asks me is that what I;m gonna do after uni, gets so annoying haha
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:03 am

Philo wrote:

It is a beautiful language .Thumbs up for keeping your culture and roots alive.

About 40% of the population here in the province of Quebec has Irish ancestry.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next