DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chuck Ragan interview about the Ragan/Fallon album

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Chuck Ragan interview about the Ragan/Fallon album Empty
PostSubject: Chuck Ragan interview about the Ragan/Fallon album   Chuck Ragan interview about the Ragan/Fallon album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:04 am

extracts from http://moonandbackmusic.com/archives/2607

IC: There’s this tour, then there’s the Hot Water Music tour is there ever gonna be a Rumbleseat tour or is that as the album implies?

CR: Is Dead. Yeah, but right now I’m writing a record with Brian Fallon from The Gaslight Anthem and we’re planning. He may, most likely, do the Revival Tour in the States early in 2011 and our goal is to bring it over here to Europe and to the UK. I hope he could be on it. We’d love to play shows for the record and tour on the record as far as I know, but I don’t know how much or the extend of it all. Gaslight is putting out a new record in June, so they’re gonna be pretty busy.

IC: How did it come about, this new project?

CR: I just called him up and said “Hey, you wanna write some tunes?” *laughs*.

IC: What kind of stuff is it gonna be?

CR: Well, mostly it’s gonna be all acoustic and maybe along the lines of Gold Country, the last record. We’re recording it in the same studio and producing it ourselves. The songs are really relaxed and just a lot of fun. We’ve been sending them back and forth to each other for a little bit. We have ideas for some real good friends, and really talented artists, that we want to bring in and see what kinda sounds we get. Who knows, man? I just couldn’t be more excited about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Ragan interview about the Ragan/Fallon album   Chuck Ragan interview about the Ragan/Fallon album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:38 am

Revival Tour in Europe with Chuck Ragan and Brian Fallon? Very Happy
Better bring Tim Barry, Frank Turner, Austin Lucas and Ben Nichols with them too
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Ragan interview about the Ragan/Fallon album   Chuck Ragan interview about the Ragan/Fallon album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:26 am

This record sounds great already
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Ragan interview about the Ragan/Fallon album   Chuck Ragan interview about the Ragan/Fallon album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:19 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:
This record sounds great already

Of course, Brian had already talked about this in an interview transcribed by simo, an extract of which I'm posting here to keep the Ragan/Fallon album info together.

ExploreMusic
www.exploremusic.com/interview/2010-03-02/The-Gaslight-Anthems-Brian-Fallon-Tells-ExploreMusic-About-American-Slang

I recently spoke with Chuck Ragan and he mentioned he's doing a split with you...can you tell us about that project?

Yeah me and Chuck are passing songs back and forth over the internet and he'll write some music and I'll write words over it, and then I'll write music and he'll write words or whatever. And we're gonna put a little record together.

That's very "Postal Service" of you guys.

Yeah it's kinda like that. It's very cool. But we're gonna record it together. It'll be cool. Chuck's a very good friend of mine. I like him a lot. I respect him greatly.

Okay so we know that the Gaslight album is coming out June 15. The Chuck Ragan split...any idea roughly?

I'm not sure. It's really hard to say. I'd probably say next year in the winter. I want it to have enough chance to breathe. I don't want it to get bombarded over by the Gaslight record. I know that SideOne is gonna be firing on all cylinders for that one. I don't want it to get overlooked, so we're gonna give it a little bit of time to breathe. And when me and Chuck are like, "Yup that's cool." And then when Gaslight takes a break, cause I'd like to get on the revival tour a little with him too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
micwatson
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Ragan interview about the Ragan/Fallon album   Chuck Ragan interview about the Ragan/Fallon album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:29 am

i'm seeing chuck tomorrow night! can't wait. anyone else going?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Ragan interview about the Ragan/Fallon album   Chuck Ragan interview about the Ragan/Fallon album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1