DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What songs are you guys dying to know?

Go down 
+35
thisisjah
Harbortown
CoolCalmChris
ThisMachineKillsFascists
sweetpaul
thebiglebowski
JJW319
Miles Davis
sara.furry
cpt.eddie
Hendrix94
wonderson189
Rob Himself
Templeton
stuntpunk2387
loazis
Holland
Turn the Casanova On
hostutca
Angry Johnny
simo
Stevearm
Better Sense
lynchyeatspizza
landan101
milesandthecool
Jjaeger240
samuelhw
slu
MCStevepants
e7c
Stalls_Standing
JoshRaymond
Jukebox Romeo
LittleJonnyHormone
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
samuelhw
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:18 pm

you managed to tab Old White Lincoln yet? I want to play it acoustically and can only really work out the chorus
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Yeah the verses are just Am F C G with full barre chords (see chart if you don't know what i mean)
Back to top Go down
Jjaeger240
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:31 am

The Blues, Mary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bIhyAs8qLg

There's a vid now if you can make out any of it, I can't even tell where he has the capo.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:11 pm

this is just a rough tab based on the bass notes in the demo, but here's what I have so far:

Standard tuning
w/full barre chords
see below for explanation on Gb(-6)

Intro:
Abm B Gb Gb(-6)

Little guitar thing:
B|-0-2-4-2-0-| w/hammer-on, slide, slide, pull-off as the transition

Verse:
Abm B Abm B

Pre-chorus:
I'm torn over whether this is the Gb or the Gb(-6). either way sounds fine

Chorus:
Same as intro

Bridge:
Key change from rest of song
Bbm Gb Db Ab x4 (this Db is actually a Db chord, NOT the Gb(-6))

Pre-verse:
Back to original key
Gb(-6)

Little guitar thing:
B|-2-0---0-2---2-4---4-2-| x2 w/pull-offs/hammer-ons between notes

Alright, on second listen, it seems like the "Db" I described is actually closer to the Gb without the 6th string being played. this is how Brian plays most all his F chords. this Gb chord would be played as such:
E A D G B e
|-|x|x|-|-|-| 4th

we'll call it a Gb(-6) just cause idk what else to call it (Gb minus the 6th string). hope you understand my diagram. it's hard to make it look good on this forum
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:33 pm

alright, i just watched the video, and the chord progression makes more sense now. he actually is just playing the standard upside-down T chord progression (i think i made that term up, but it applies to almost every punk song ever). he also plays the song down half a step in the video. not sure why (easier on the voice i guess)

so, knowing that, the song is actually played like this, though it doesn't sound quite like this in the demo:

Standard tuning:
full barre chords

Intro:
Abm E B Gb x2

Little lick:
B|-0-2-4-2-0-| w/transitions played in this order: hammer-on, slide up, slide down, pull-off

Verse:
Abm B x2

Pre-chorus:
Gb

Chorus:
Abm E B Gb x2

Bridge:
key change from rest of song
Bbm Gb Db Ab x4

this way makes a lot more sense. it's how i expected the chords to go, as almost every gaslight song has this progression, though in different keys obviously. so play it like this, not like the above tab

Last edited by Jukebox Romeo on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 4:01 pm

okay, kids, since i just realized how good a song Wherefore is, i went and tabbed it out last night, and since i have a snow day and no hw, i'm gonna put the tab up today. that -6 chord thing or whatever it is threw me off again. the bass note that you hear, for example, on the first chord in Wherefore, is a B, but the chord is an F#m. it's annoying
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:17 pm

alright, i finished up all the TGA songs. i didn't really spend much time on Red In the Morning, Red At Night, or Old White Lincoln, but they're up at least. i guess i'll work on the TCM, Amping Copper, and Surrogate McKenzie songs, as well as Five Year Plan whenever i feel like it. might be awhile though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Does anyone know how to tab bass by any chance?
And if they do, would they mind throwing up some Gaslight bass tabs?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:20 pm

Alex L's parts are incredibly simple. he just plays the bass note of each chord on the 3rd or 4th strings. sometimes he jumps up an octave, but i don't think he even has any fills or anything. i'd be reeeally bored if i were him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 7:07 am

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Alex L's parts are incredibly simple. he just plays the bass note of each chord on the 3rd or 4th strings. sometimes he jumps up an octave, but i don't think he even has any fills or anything. i'd be reeeally bored if i were him

Thanks. I've only had my bass about 6 weeks, and haven't really had the time to play as much as I would have liked, but I think I may be able to work some Gaslight out now.
Back to top Go down
samuelhw
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Got any This Charming Man tabs? I want to play Cut The Rope (Before It Hangs Us Both). Lyrics would be cool too, but I can do that myself
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 1:04 am

yeah, i've got them all worked out, i just haven't taken the time to type them up. i'll do that one first when i get around to it. look for it tomorrow
Back to top Go down
samuelhw
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:58 pm

hows about five year plan and sometimes you eat the bar? good work so far!
Back to top Go down
milesandthecool
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:24 am

TIN PAN ALLEY!!!
Back to top Go down
landan101
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 5:30 pm

could we get this acoustic version of casanova ?

http://www.nme.com/video/bcid/36154275001/search/NME
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:09 am

I'm pretty sure it's the same as the normal version. Just the rhythm guitar. Just a few simple chords.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Better Sense
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Better Sense

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:29 pm

Would you be able to tab the bass of any of the Surrogate Mckensie songs?
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:04 pm

Could we get the Acoustic versions of Great Expectations and '59S?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:22 pm

acoustic is the same as electric. for those, tune your guitar down a full step, and play these chords:

GE:
Verse
C Am C Am

Pre-Chorus
F G

Chorus
Am F C G

'59:
Intro/Chorus
C F Am G F

Verse
Am E Am F

Pre-Chorus/Bridge
Am F C G
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:38 pm

instead of tuning it down could I use a capo?
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:43 pm

wow, I put the capo on the 1st fret and played the Verse of GE, it sounds like that song Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:16 am

Well you'd be playing it higher instead of lower obviously.

I'm fairly new at guitar and used to be terrified at tuning down but now I've got it figured out and it's no big deal. I recommend learning how to do alternate tunings. Drop D and tuning down have opened up a new world of songs for me.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:46 am

oh yeah it does make it higher xD didn't even think about that
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:11 pm

Hey Jukebox, any chance you could do the new CRT song? Look On The Bright Side. I had a fiddle but I'm not the best at working it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:26 pm

TIN PAN ALLEY, TIN PAN ALLEY! acoustic chords would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What songs are you guys dying to know?   What songs are you guys dying to know? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What songs are you guys dying to know?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next