DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's been a good day

Go down 
+4
steph
kieran
ktp
Asleepontheforestfloor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

It's been a good day Empty
PostSubject: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:45 pm

So I've had quite the day today. So I am going to graduate this year so my dad is taking me to the UK for a grad. present. So I've been looking for shows to go to while I'm up there and I saw that gaslight is playing at the end of June!!! I'm sooooo stoked! I emailed every venue that they're playing at to see if I could get a press pass.

Also I just found out the Brian Fallon is playing a solo show in LA while I'm going to be down here visiting photography schools. It's going to be a good year.

Oh hey, is anyone going to sasquatch this year? the hold steady is gonna be there!
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:39 am

sounds pretty good! i was pretty chuffed yesterday too cos i got tickets to the free Rage Against The Machine gig they're doing in London at the beginging of June! Very Happy

Where are you planning on going in the UK?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:47 am

Awesome press passes usually come from the bands PR a lot closer to the time or at least thats how I used to secure photo passes.

Where you planning to go make sure you get a trip to the west country in there somehow. Some of the most beautiful parts of the country down this way.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:51 pm

sweet, im gonna see if i can go to the LA show, too.
what schools are you looking at? i used to go to Brooks Institute of Photography up in Santa Barbara.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:03 am

wow man, that is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:41 am

Ktp- Nice! I was thinking about getting tickets for rage, but they are so fuckin expensive, I couldn't swing it. Expecially with sasquatch coming up in may.

I have some family in High Wycombe so were gonna visit there for a lil bit, then go to london, france, and maybe oxford. I would go to a liverpool match, but they don't play in june.

kieran- Oh ok, I've never tried to get press passes so I didn't really know how to get em. Who would I contact to get one? Also, do I need to find a publication to shoot for or can I just go for me?

An I'll most def have to visit the west country.

Steph- Hahaha. I'm prolly gonna end up at brooks as well. I got in in January, but I'm gonna check out cal arts as well.

What did you think of brooks, and did you ever try to get press passes for shows?

oh by the way, thanks again for the tickets for the portland show! That was a really good show.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:49 pm

For a show an size and venue they are playing I would say a publication is pretty much a must but no harm in trying right?

The West Country really is stunning but a bit out of the way of all the other places you are visiting.

You and Steph both into Photography? I have done a shed load of photography work (mostly live band work) and worked in London for a while. I love photography and could go on for hours but I wont :p

Today has been a good day to got my dissertation advisor sorted so now set on the long and winding road that is serious academic writing but im looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:00 pm

Today and tommorow not going to be good days, got to write 3400 words on a marketing campaign for Innocent Smoothies, sounds interesting, and it is, I just don't have the get up and go to do it. Got a trip to Cardiff to see 30 Seconds To Mars the day after though...so not all bad.

Definatly head off to see the cotswolds and west country if you get a chance, vastly underrated part of our country, I guess I do a little since I've lived there for the past 20 years and am used to it.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:13 pm

Oh and today is also good because I had a meeting about my fieldwork trip to the states.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:18 pm

kieran wrote:
Today has been a good day to got my dissertation advisor sorted so now set on the long and winding road that is serious academic writing but im looking forward to it.

What's the topic/title?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Palmer89 wrote:
Today and tommorow not going to be good days, got to write 3400 words on a marketing campaign for Innocent Smoothies, sounds interesting, and it is, I just don't have the get up and go to do it. Got a trip to Cardiff to see 30 Seconds To Mars the day after though...so not all bad.

Definatly head off to see the cotswolds and west country if you get a chance, vastly underrated part of our country, I guess I do a little since I've lived there for the past 20 years and am used to it.

Are you doing a marketing degree??
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Kind of. Business Studies with half marketing.

Was generic Business until last year when I found out the only thing I like about it is the marketing. Unfortunatly can't get a full marketing degree now but at least can get it with half a marketing degree. Thankfully just written the largest part of the report...
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:54 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
kieran wrote:

What's the topic/title?

The title is still at the rough/working stages and will most likely change once I have met with my advisor but the general idea is considering the continuing rise in prominence of the BNP "To what extent do contextual effects influence the electoral geographies of the BNP" so essentially looking at what is causing people to vote for a party like the BNP in areas with high numbers of BNP votes. Is there a specific local issue or do people genuinely believe in what the BNP stand for. Its all in the planning stages at the moment but hopefully that gives you some idea. I do love Geography though I could have chosen such a wide range of things to write about.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:57 pm

Hey kieran, do you know any publications that would be open to letting fairly new photographers take pictures for them?
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:37 am

Blogs and webzines are your best bets although im a bit out of the loop at the moment seeing as it has been a while since I have shoot anything for anyone recently.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Ok thanks, I think starting a blog would be easier than a zine. haha.

But I have a friend who is starting a shirt company and were gonna try to get a zine or blog going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's been a good day   It's been a good day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's been a good day
Page 1 of 1