DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Titus Andronicus

Go down 
+17
MKULTRA
OllieC
The Angry Johnny Revue
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
DeathoftheCool
drifter69
Camus
bt211
DaleCooper
riversedge
plugga
fullcollapse
IKeeptheDiner
efofex
simo
colmillionaire
steady now steady now
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Excited Smile loved both albums,bring on the third!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:45 am

http://www.amazon.com/Local-Business-Titus-Andronicus/dp/B009369ZXA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348970778&sr=8-2&keywords=titus+andronicus
in addition to the new single being out, there are 30 second previews of all the songs on amazon. Food Fight sounds so badass!!!
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Giving them another shot live because they are touring with one of my fave bands, Ceremony. I saw TA open for The Hold Steady and they were pretty terrible. Def deserve another shot though since they are doing a split with Ceremony as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:07 pm

If Local Business doesn't kick a whole bunch of ass, I won't know what to put my faith in anymore. Come on TA!
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:31 am

So this may exist...anyone listened yet? Not as weighty as Monitor, but pretty sweet nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
DaleCooper
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
DaleCooper

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 3:26 pm

I've listened to it a couple times now. Definitely simpler and more straightforward as they had been promising, and that's just fine. Can't expect everything to be The Monitor! This mix of "Upon Viewing Oregon's Landscape with the Flood of Detritus" sounds a lot better than the one released earlier in the summer. "(I Am The) Electric Man" is immense. And colmillionaire, I don't know what happened at the show you went to, but I would categorize Titus as one of the best live bands I have ever seen, and I've heard that from many others as well. Hopefully you enjoy them more next time.
Back to top Go down
http://jonathanhawkins.net
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:12 pm

DaleCooper wrote:
I've listened to it a couple times now. Definitely simpler and more straightforward as they had been promising, and that's just fine. Can't expect everything to be The Monitor! This mix of "Upon Viewing Oregon's Landscape with the Flood of Detritus" sounds a lot better than the one released earlier in the summer. "(I Am The) Electric Man" is immense. And colmillionaire, I don't know what happened at the show you went to, but I would categorize Titus as one of the best live bands I have ever seen, and I've heard that from many others as well. Hopefully you enjoy them more next time.

I'm halfway through. Like the Monitor I can tell I'm gonna have to listen to it a lot more before I fully realize everything going on inside these songs.
Love it cheers

EDIT: In a Small Body is my new favorite Titus Andronicus song
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:58 am

DaleCooper wrote:

Electric Man is so great! Classic Stones riffs were in dire need of a comeback. That, Upon Viewing Oregon, and In a Big City are classic jams! I kinda love this album. I was worried because the Monitor casts such a huge shadow. I wasn't sure how they would follow that up, but this just side steps that album in the best way possible. Kind of like how Gaslight didn't attempt a remake of '59 Sound, but found something comparably awesome in American Slang.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 3:55 am

loving the new album. not as epic as the last one but good ole straight forward rock!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:31 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
loving the new album. not as epic as the last one but good ole straight forward rock!

I agree. Some people have said this is their darkness on the edge of town in reaction to the monitor/born to run
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:25 pm

Disliked this band and thought they were pretty dire when I saw them live but this new album has turned my opinion right around.
Back to top Go down
OllieC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 3:09 pm

I've heard a couple of songs from these guys, and I like what I hear. Got payed yesterday so going to go and buy an album of theirs; which one is a good place to start! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 1:48 am

OllieC wrote:
I've heard a couple of songs from these guys, and I like what I hear. Got payed yesterday so going to go and buy an album of theirs; which one is a good place to start! Very Happy

definitely go with the second album, The Monitor. phenomenal stuff, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:23 am

not really mad about this new album. idk.
Back to top Go down
Paddy
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Paddy

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:45 pm

These guys played here last night. Ehhh. I wasn't really feeling it, didn't hit me enough to stay the whole set.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:56 am

Paddy wrote:
These guys played here last night. Ehhh. I wasn't really feeling it, didn't hit me enough to stay the whole set.

Neutral
get outta here
Back to top Go down
Paddy
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Paddy

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 5:16 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Paddy wrote:

Neutral
get outta here

Sorry?
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 3:57 am

Paddy wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
Paddy wrote:

Neutral
get outta here

Sorry?

im jk Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:05 am

I've heard mixed things about this band when it comes to live performances.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:09 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
I've heard mixed things about this band when it comes to live performances.

if you have doubts let the pitchfork Local Business sessions renew your faith. that being said, i've never seen them live but they do a great job with these
Back to top Go down
gregkoko
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:48 am

Anyone happen to have an extra ticket to Titus at Maxwell's on Dec 1?
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:21 am

$14 in Boston on Monday who else is going????
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 3:44 pm

They are opening up for DCfC on May 25th in atlantic city. Have they gotten any better live? I saw them this past November (at Fest) and it was absolutely terrible. Their records are pretty decent though.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 2:51 pm

Welp, I guess I can file this band under very temperamental. As I posted a few months ago, I was gonna check them out opening for Death Cab and they were pretty great.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:47 pm

"Welp, I guess I can file this band under very temperamental."

Why?  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titus Andronicus   Titus Andronicus - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Titus Andronicus
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next