DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

G'day, Mates!

Go down 
+2
Senor and the Queen
Katie is?
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Katie is?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

G'day, Mates! Empty
PostSubject: G'day, Mates!   G'day, Mates! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Australian? Not even close. No, actually, I'm Canadian.
I did live in Switzerland for a long while, which is close to Austria
but that's missing the needed syllable to be considered the great Down Under.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why I'm rambling on about a country I've not even been to. So I think I'll put a pause on that and introduce myself.

As my username suggests, my name is Katie. I live I'm 18, and I live in Guelph, about an hour and a half out of Toronto.

My hobbies include photography (mainly concert photography at this point, I'm hoping to get good enough to eventually be paid- or at least not have to pay to get in to take the pictures!), photoshopping celebrities to drastically change their appearance (...this is a new timekiller of mine...), and terrorizing young scene children at the mall.

I'm studying to get a Bachelor of Arts and Science at university, and am currently taking Biology, Math, Geography (human impact on the ecology), and Anthropology.

I apologise for writing an entire biography here, this always seems to happen when I write intro threads.

However, if you want to know anything that I haven't covered in my two-hundred eighteen thousand, fifty-three pages of life story here, feel free to ask- I don't (tend to) bite! :)

-Katie
Back to top Go down
Senor and the Queen
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Senor and the Queen

G'day, Mates! Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day, Mates!   G'day, Mates! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Katie is? wrote:
, and terrorizing young scene children at the mall.
Katie, you amaze me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justafailurebydesign.deviantart.com
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

G'day, Mates! Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day, Mates!   G'day, Mates! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:51 pm

that break down on the diffence between Austria and Australia is hilarious!

I loved that old episode of the Simpsons when the family foes to Australia and the court house has the "al" written into the court house
Back to top Go down
Katie is?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

G'day, Mates! Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day, Mates!   G'day, Mates! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm

Senor and the Queen wrote:

Katie, you amaze me.

Why thank you!
Yesterday one of the guys who works at the store I live at told me i should stop terrorising them. I think he found it funnier than I did though xD

e7c wrote:

I
loved that old episode of the Simpsons when the family foes to
Australia and the court house has the "al" written into the court
house

Ooh, I haven't seen it!

Greetings though.. erm... e7c? I'm sorry, i'm unsure of your name!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

G'day, Mates! Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day, Mates!   G'day, Mates! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:02 pm

oh, it is pronounced Echo Seven Charlie... it is a military thing.

when I was in Afghanistan my call sign was Echo-Six-Charlie (e6c) but I got promoted awhile back and now I am e7c
Back to top Go down

G'day, Mates! Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day, Mates!   G'day, Mates! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:47 pm

hi

i actually am from austr(al)ia, that's near switzerland

wo in der schweiz hast du gelebt?
grüße
Back to top Go down
Katie is?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

G'day, Mates! Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day, Mates!   G'day, Mates! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:01 am

wo in der schweiz hast du gelebt?

near Geneva- so i speak french fluently, but unfortunately only VERY basic german- enough to understand that, and to order some foods if i were stranded in germany, hungry... but that's about it xD
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

G'day, Mates! Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day, Mates!   G'day, Mates! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:59 pm

Katie is? wrote:
my name is Katie. I live I'm 18

that's great, though most other people round here are pretty much alive too G'day, Mates! Icon_smile

anyway, welcome; there are a few more photographers on here and perhaps we could start a photo art thread
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

G'day, Mates! Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day, Mates!   G'day, Mates! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:46 pm

I'm pretty into photography although I've never really done a concert. Never been to a venue where I could even take in a DSLR.
Back to top Go down
Katie is?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

G'day, Mates! Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day, Mates!   G'day, Mates! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:51 pm

steady now steady now wrote:

that's great, though most other people round here are pretty much alive too G'day, Mates! Icon_smile

anyway, welcome; there are a few more photographers on here and perhaps we could start a photo art thread

BAHAHAH
I didn't even notice i'd done that! oh well, it's too epic to edit now.

Very Happy and the photo art threadthing would be awesome!

simo wrote:
I'm pretty into photography although I've never really done a concert. Never been to a venue where I could even take in a DSLR.

Yeah, all the shows i've done except one have been really small shows and local bands; The one big show i took photos at though, i just emailed all the bands' managers a couple weeks beforehand asking if I could take photos, and one answered back saying yes *shrug* it was pretty easy xD
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

G'day, Mates! Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day, Mates!   G'day, Mates! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:54 pm

a lot of the venues around me tend to have a "no cameras" policy up front, regardless of what the band thinks. ive noticed them tightening up on that just in the last few years...although the flip side to that is, everyone having camera phones and tiny cameras, its easier to get them in. but a more professional camera is still difficult to get in. and even if you do, you run the risk of getting thrown out if security catches you, and who wants to risk it, if you're seeing one of your favorite bands?

that's cool that the band's managers emailed you back saying it was cool
Back to top Go down
Katie is?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

G'day, Mates! Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day, Mates!   G'day, Mates! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:59 pm

mhmm, no I wouldn't risk it if I were traveling far-ish or seeing a favourite band or something
but when it's 10 minutes travel, max. away, to see bands in this tiny club in town, with a turnout of 10-100 people; those kinds of bands not only don't mind, but welcome having a photographer there xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

G'day, Mates! Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day, Mates!   G'day, Mates! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G'day, Mates!
Page 1 of 1